What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jason Taylor or Michael Hagan?

Who would have you preferred as 2007 coach, Jason Taylor or Michael Hagan?

• Jason Taylor

Votes: 60 75.9%
  • Michael Hagan

Votes: 19 24.1%

• Total voters
After seeing the way Taylor has handled himself lately, I believe that Parramatta have made the wrong decision.

Taylor was born to coach first grade

Phillips

Referee
parramatta have made a HUGE mistake letting Taylor go

hopefully one day he will come back

number8

Juniors
Phillips said:
parramatta have made a HUGE mistake letting Taylor go

hopefully one day he will come back

Are you an Arrested Development fan? "I've made a HUGE mistake" is like the shows catch phrase & it's timing when used is almost perfect. great television!

I completely agree, getting back to the point. I guess Fitzy got sick of the fans saying we needed a coach who not only can but has delivered. Well, we got one that has & I believe we are letting go one that can! Not sure Hagan can replicate 2001 but I hope I'm wrong.

JT for mine, although that Knights 1st half in the 2001 GF was flawless & Hagan got those guys up for that over a much better side so............? Time will tell.

I'm finding it hard to swallow though that JT offered himself to Hagan & couldn't be bothered to even say no thanks. It's not a great start for Hages. Especially if he is shafting JT for Daisy who gets his own share of hate mail from sectors of the Knights fans.

??????? I guess we'll see soon enough!

Daneel

Bench
I voted for taylor. It doesn't change the fact that it will be hagan though. Maybe they should hold elections for the coaching position.:)

Nikki

Coach
Taylor ~ He has the results as Premier League coach and he has the respect of the players.. But its a mute point. The decision has been made and we are only the fans. Who really gives a f**k what we think at the end of the day.. Just hand over your hard earned cash and line Fitzys pockets, thank you, come again!

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
we haven't seen Hagen in action, so we cant really make an informed decision

V1er

Juniors
Twizzle said:
we haven't seen Hagen in action, so we cant really make an informed decision

My thoughts excatly, as much as i want to see JT here, its unfair on hagan to compare him to JT when he hasnt even coached us yet, wait till this time next year and i'll have a better answer.

Rookie

Juniors
Voted for Taylor but it is really all moot. All deals have been done and Hagans influence is already being felt in player retention etc. So, GO HAGES..................................:(

Utey

Coach
lol, who f*cken knows!?! I mean Hagan hasnt even took over the reins and Iam under the influence that he wants to build a team with our juniors which Ive wanted for so damn long!!!

Ill be 100% behind JT till the end of the year and Iam sure he will become a great FG coach with his knowledge and passion. But Hagan has won a premiership and we will really see his abilities when he utlises one of the best junior centres in the league. I really think next years results might shock a few in comparison to who we have released and signed.

fish eel

Immortal
Taylor has done well, sure.

But when the decision was made, the board didnt think Taylor was ready for first grade.

JT went out and tried to get a first grade gig elsewhere....he was interested in some of the other jobs that came up.....but he never got those either. That says to me that our board wasnt Robinson Crusoe in thinking JT wasn't up to the job.

Plenty of people also thought that we needed somebody to come in from outside the club.

I'm comfortable with Hages, and have better things to do than try and be a hindsight hero.

Redback71

First Grade
taylor be a country mile i have no confidence in hagan and the concequnces of his signing have already started to take affect

Parra Guru

Coach
Basically, it's easy to vote in hindsight, but a lot of us said in the beginning that we wanted JT to coach Firsts in 2007. Before we signed Hagan.

T-BONE MCGRAW

Juniors
FFS Hagan hasn't even arrived at the club and people are bagging him. Hagan has won a premiership and been coaching first grade for a number of years (5 I think). All I ask is people give him a chance. He can't help us win any less premierships than we have over the last 20 years.

As for JT he has taken a side and helped it perform to NEAR its potential. This side won the minor premiership last year so it is not like Taylor is coaching an ordinary side.

Phillips

Referee
Hagan won a premiership 5 years ago

and how many finals series has he been in since?

not to mention the wooden spoon

number8

Juniors
Taylor will get a full time head coaching gig in the future & think he'll be a coach that attracts players to whatever club that may be. Shame it's not going top be this one.

He has all the qualities. The knowledge, the vision, the leadership, the communication skills. But what he has over a great many of his peers is his charismatic personality & the integrity in which he corresponds with the media.

Prodigal Eel

Juniors
lol....his coached, what 7 first grade games lol

Its all peechy now but his got a side performing to normal levels....its not like his worked some magic and if you think hagan cant do the same, you all really dont know much about the game!

Hagan is a country mile ahead of Taylor in respect and quality as a coach...his is young and bring fresh new ideas...but with that he has alot of experience and knows how to handle things in good times and bad....for all we know Taylor can go MIA during a form drought!
One more thing...taylor is a very simple coach.....he has a very simple game plan, which works well...although the top teams and teams that have won grandfinals in the past 5 yrs are very tactical teams and have many plays....which i believe i still havent seen from taylor!