What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jayden Sullivan

possm

Coach
The problem for me is we have a salary cap like all the others and how do we spend it ? The side has been shit for all but 20 games since 2012 so some of our players are getting way over what they deserve. Obviously Norman comes to mind and prior to last season Hunt but we must be paying overs to plenty of other players who simply don't deserve .No wonder they wax lyrical when questioned about the team & club ! As an example if Lomax is being paid 400k then i'm cool with that but 500k and above i'm certainly not. That's why i'm on board with Hooks moneyball approach and short contracts as it gives him time to move the chess pieces.
We are paying the price for employing inferior talent at the club management level. But let's just look at the signing of Sullivan.
In the halves;
Amone 300k replaces Norman 850k
Sullivan 400k replaces Hunt 950k
Hunt 950k replaces McCullough 400k
McInnes 450k replaced by Mbye 450k

I can't see the problem or the negative implication on our salary cap. The contract should have been extended before the start of 2021 to 5 years.

Spine
Sloan 300k - backup Ramsey, Bird, and Mbye
Amone 300k - backup Mbye and Bird
Sullivan 400k - backup Hunt, Mbye, and Bird
Hunt 950k - Backup McCullough and Mbye

A spine costing less than 2m is most definitely affordable.
With Mbye, Bird, and McCullough backing up.

This. Good post!
I've said it previously. Zac rarely gets clean ball in attack. He has to make his opportunities which ironically has led to the successful combination with Rava. How many tries has Rava scored from a Zac pass under pressure? All Zac needs is clean ball to see what he is capable of. Hopefully we get to see this in 2022 with a new halves mix of either of Hunt, Sullivan and Amone. Rava's big enough to score them by himself.
Maybe our new assistant coach (attack) will make it so that Lomax and Suli get a lot of clean ball. Lomax is a long-term Dragon who is highly talented.

Dragon David

First Grade
It’s rubbish. There was an article saying dragons tabled a 3 year deal before the deadline but he wanted to test his value.
That's how I see it. We have got to have faith in our recruitment on this one. The club want to keep the class of 2019 together I have no doubt.

I cannot see any other club offering too much more for Bud to break away from us, if any at all.

Spazer

Juniors

Good piece on sloany and bud, apologies if it's already been posted. You get to hear about their upbringing and more on their debuts and experience with the coaching staff. A bit of talk on joshy coric and norman, too.

they're both clean players and have a great attitude. Can't wait to see them playing together again next year with junior.

Harry Bath

Juniors
What's the go with Bud? His slight hamstring tear has been drawn out for 6 weeks now and we've got very little information from the club about it. I know we can't rush this because alot hinges on this guy coming good for first grade, but surely we could get a bit more from the club.
Yes agree I suspect something more insidious !

Dragon David

First Grade
What's the go with Bud? His slight hamstring tear has been drawn out for 6 weeks now and we've got very little information from the club about it. I know we can't rush this because alot hinges on this guy coming good for first grade, but surely we could get a bit more from the club.
Yes agree I suspect something more insidious !
We need the fitness and conditioning staff to give us a frank assessment of all of our players like Bud and when they are likely to be able to play. It's like they are playing ducks and drakes with some players and not giving us proper reasons. Why not tell the truth for a change? Bud was supposed to be fit for Round 5 and now it is Round 6. A bad hamstring tear takes a really good time to heal. Bud appears destined to be on the sidelines more than on the field playing. How are they ever going to get combinations going? We just never get the luck that we need.

mightydragon

Juniors
We need the fitness and conditioning staff to give us a frank assessment of all of our players like Bud and when they are likely to be able to play. It's like they are playing ducks and drakes with some players and not giving us proper reasons. Why not tell the truth for a change? Bud was supposed to be fit for Round 5 and now it is Round 6. A bad hamstring tear takes a really good time to heal. Bud appears destined to be on the sidelines more than on the field playing. How are they ever going to get combinations going? We just never get the luck that we need.
He might need to see Tommy Turbo's contact in Melbourne re his dodgy hamstring

denis preston

First Grade
It is frustrating isn't it ? Even at 9 he would be a far better option to what we have there at present BUT i don't want him there to the detriment of his real position, halfback. Is it hope rather than sense to think that if he comes back that will make a real difference to the side ? He was always the stand out as a complete player out of the 3 .

George Dragon

Juniors
I expect Bud will play this weekend, he has been training with the team for 2 weeks.
The club has not wanted to rush him back.
The injury is not the same as last year, this is a small tear in his left leg that was giving him a sharp pain when he stepped. Its early in year and his career and there is no point risking him. Also he did not have a calf injury as some have posted on here.

Como Connection

First Grade
I expect Bud will play this weekend, he has been training with the team for 2 weeks.
The injury is not the same as last year, this is a small tear in his left leg that was giving him a sharp pain when he stepped. Its early in year and his career and there is no point risking him. Also he did not have a calf injury as some have posted on here.
Good stuff George.
CC

Adolf_Spritzer

Juniors
Thanks so much for the feedback George, you never fail us in that sense and it's really appreciated

Jeremy Dragon

Juniors

Good stuff