What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jennings officially a Rooster..

bellyache

Bench
Great news! https://mobile.twitter.com/sydneyroosters/status/291048448390746112
The Sydney Roosters have secured the services of Michael Jennings, with the Australian and NSW representative joining the club immediately after being granted a release from his contract with the Penrith Panthers.
24 year-old Jennings has agreed to a four-year arrangement with the Roosters that will take him through to the conclusion of the 2016 season.
“The Roosters have a talented roster and I’m excited to have joined the team. I have met with Trent Robinson and am looking forward to getting to know my new teammates, getting stuck into training, working hard and playing alongside guys like Mitchell Pearce who I have already played with at Origin level.”
Roosters Chief Operating Officer Football, Brian Canavan, was pleased to welcome Jennings to the club, with his signing adding further depth and experience to the Roosters backline.
“A player of immense talent, Michael is a great addition to our squad. With the release of BJ Leilua and the lengthy loss of Tautau Moga to injury, Michael will add potency to our backline.
“Having already played in excess of 100 matches in the NRL and numerous representative games, Michael brings considerable experience to the club, and I’m sure he will both add to and compliment what we are working towards building here at the Roosters.”
“We welcome Michael to the Roosters family and are pleased to have him as part of our club for the next four seasons.”
Jennings made his first grade debut in 2007 and has played 122 NRL games to date

Last edited:

Tommy Smith

Referee
Minichiello won't get dropped. He's our captain!

I'd like to see RTS start at fullback and give him a shot to flourish in the same manner as Ben Barba. But he'll be on the wing all year i suspect before he transitions to fullback next year.

Regardless, we're looking dynamite this year. From anaemic in attack last season to potentially the most lethal attacking unit in the comp.

RTS, Jennings, SKD, SBW, Maloney and Pearce in the halves; the likes of Cordner, Guerra and Aubusson (who will bounce back this year under Robbo) in the backrow. We're deadly all over the park.

STG 002

First Grade
No excuses this year Roosters. If you do not make the top 8 you are officially crap.
International Centres, and quality halves, scheck and the other manly bloke on the wing with mini as safe as ever at the back, top 4 chance now.
possibly top 3 backlines in the comp.
haven't even mentioned sonny bill.

Dragon2010

First Grade
Congratulations guys, a well deserved and well-timed signature. Jennings is a gun player who can add allot to a team, let's hope he improves (For SOO sake) and you get a great buy out of him.

Roosters are really looking the goods now for 2013c Jennings, SBW and Maloney. A lot of depth added to the squad.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Absolutely stoked to have Jenko a Chook! We've definitly got all the right pieces now. Let's hope all the boys are as pumped as us fans are for this season.

I looked forwar to the start of every season regardless of our squad but this year the anticipation has hit a completely new level.

Horrie Is God

First Grade
Congratulations guys, a well deserved and well-timed signature. Jennings is a gun player who can add allot to a team, let's hope he improves (For SOO sake) and you get a great buy out of him.

Roosters are really looking the goods now for 2013c Jennings, SBW and Maloney. A lot of depth added to the squad.

Thank you kind sir..

See you Anzac Day..

Von

Juniors
Really enjoying a few beers now, reading about Easts and watching Big Bash.

Life is Good!!!!

bellyache

Bench
Just had a virtual drink with you Horrie!

VERY EXCITED...

Jenko should combine well with SKD.

Bring on Round 1!!!
It'll be nice to have opposition teams having to try to defend on both sides off the park, instead of stacking SKD's side only... It's all good Von:D

Liverrabbit

Juniors
Speed on both sides of the park now..

And no Bwaiff..

Happy days..

Bring this year on..

Go Easts..

Good signing Horrie. I'm disappointed we didn't jag him. Most of the Rabbits fans think we got the better deal because we got champion and are happy we didn't fork out big on Jennings. I'm not one of them. Jennings is an exceptional player and is in the best 5 broken field runners in the game.
Champion and King form the slowest centre combination since Mick pobjie and Michael Blake.

His so called lack of form last year is a myth. He went well with limited opportunities outside a halfback who refuses to pass the ball.

If we don't dominate you in the forwards in round 1 we are in for a long night.

Von

Juniors
Good to have a new Rabbit fan on LU with some intellect.

I welcome your views in future Liverrabbit.

Jennings is a good signing for us, so long as his attitude is right.
Time will tell....

Beau Champion is solid without being a world beater (that is why Souths punted him 2 years ago), and King is solid but is slowing down and a premature retirement may be looming because of injury.

56 sleeps til Round 1!