What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jennings will sign 5 year contract

The Tank

Bench
Penrith centre Michael Jennings will soon give the game some good news - he said yesterday he would soon finalise a five-year deal with the Panthers.

''We're just waiting to get pen to paper,'' Jennings said. ''It's a long process of getting things sorted out, but I'm happy where I am. I'll be staying for a while.

''I've decided where I want to be and I'm happy where I am. That's where I want to end up.

''The main reason is my family. I'm close to my family and it's hard to just leave them. The main thing is sticking close to my family. I grew up in the Penrith district and Penrith have looked after me. I'm happy with what the future holds there.''

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...-players-with-long-service-20100602-wzvm.html

Wanna borrow a pen Michael? :D

Fibroman

First Grade
Aside from Brandy, I would go as far as saying Jennings is the most naturally gifted player to wear the Panther colours. Get that ink dry on the contract.

Kilkenny

Coach
I will be happy when it is official. Really official.

Hopefully just the beginning of some re-signings.

bigfoot

Juniors
Yeah I'll be happy when/if it is actually made official.
More worried about Gordon at the moment, which sounds weird but Jennings is already signed until the end of next year anyway, so we have time.

Kilkenny

Coach
I've never really doubted Michael Jennings would re-sign with the Panthers and hopefully confirmation is but days away.

Getting Michael's signature should hopefully lead to further re-signings as well.

Obviously, players are going to be released/not resigned but I think we recognise in the main who they will be and not to much damage done really other than perhaps losing some depth.

The Tank

Bench
As long as we keep Jenno and Flash I'll be happy. I'm getting nervous about Flash though... :(

beads6

First Grade
Jennings is a gun you blokes can really build a team around him for sure, not sure about a 5 year deal seems a bit much.

mxlegend99

Referee
I love that it's a 5 year deal. It means that we can get him for probably slightly cheaper per season then a 3/4 year deal, and when the new TV deal comes in and the salary cap is goes up, he'll still be on his current wage meaning we don't have to worry about a chunk of it going to him.

I also think that he's only going to improve over what we've seen. This year his defence has improved out of sight, although his knee has been holding him back. My only issue is that he puts rep jerseys ahead of his health and the club... he could have had his knee fixed in our bye and been fully fit right now.

Fibroman

First Grade
Failing a serious knee injury, a 5 year deal is great for Penrith. As he gets older and hones his skills he could potentially move into 5/8 for us.

Kilkenny

Coach
Failing a serious knee injury, a 5 year deal is great for Penrith. As he gets older and hones his skills he could potentially move into 5/8 for us.

Not you too.

Are you in the Wade Graham for second row fan club as well.

Masada for half back.

Can we just not play players in there rightful positions.

Fibroman

First Grade
Not you too.

Are you in the Wade Graham for second row fan club as well.

Masada for half back.

Can we just not play players in there rightful positions.

Kilkenny, you would have been one of those coaches that played a kid in a position because his dad turned up to the first training session and said " my son plays......"

Get the blinkers off mate. Jennings has actually got the attributes to play anywhere in the backline. I actually think he looks right at home when he gets into first receiver

The way the modern game is, the number on the players back doesn't make a hell of alot of difference anymore.

Kilkenny

Coach
If Coote doesn't sign,Jennings to Fullback,Waddell to centre.

Coote will resign in time.

Jennings reportably will resign soon.

Waddell, well his career is surely in the balance. Was a no show again today and seriously needs to get back on the field and have a solid second half to this season otherwise his career could be over before it has begun.

Sleep

Juniors
I can't imagine Coote going anywhere else. He's well and truly cemented the #1 as his own. Penrith will be keen to keep him. It's just a matter of how much and for how long.

Fibroman

First Grade
fibro i would of said thats freddy would be up there also

Freddy burst into FG at a younger age than Jenko. Freddy had size on his side also. Just as Freddy moved into 5/8th, I would like to think thank Jenko may well finish up closer to the action if his ball skills develop. But yes, Brandy and Freddy by far the most naturally gifted with Jenko running 3rd.

Latest posts