What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jeremy Latimore to retire at seasons end:

giboz71

First Grade
Good on you Lats.

He was actually the perfect squad player that could fill a role if required. It wasn't his fault the knob in charge kept picking him. Kinda like Jake Marketo,

Have always liked him and never let us down.

Wittenberg

Juniors
Latimore has won the respect of players across the NRL. He deserves a vote of thanks from our club because he has really put in over the last few years. As others have said, he was asked to play above his ability level and often did so. We must remember that some of our better players, with more natural skill and ability don’t put in as hard or as consistently as Latts often does. If our Origin and international players put in the effort Latts usually does, maybe we wouldn’t be 14th. Again as others have said, we need to target the Club & the coach for our constant reliance on Latts. This is not Latimore’s fault or of his making.

41yearsaint

Juniors
Latimore has won the respect of players across the NRL. He deserves a vote of thanks from our club because he has really put in over the last few years. As others have said, he was asked to play above his ability level and often did so. We must remember that some of our better players, with more natural skill and ability don’t put in as hard or as consistently as Latts often does. If our Origin and international players put in the effort Latts usually does, maybe we wouldn’t be 14th. Again as others have said, we need to target the Club & the coach for our constant reliance on Latts. This is not Latimore’s fault or of his making.
Sub par performances from our talented players and effort from our sub par players. "Its a mess"

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Yes the very best of good fortune for the future mate . One of my fondest memories of you will be the way that you mangled the games No.1 cheater ( Pictured above , kindly supplied by our forums archivist - muzby ) marbles at Kogarah Oval . They will have your painting in the Taj Mahal foyer for that particular exploit ! Once again - the best of luck to you Latts . :innocent:
Yes congratulations Lats...you did your best on the field at all times....only disappointment for me was you didnt apply the Christmas hold on the 3rd referee tighter and longer.....but as I said you did your best

BBTB

Juniors
Congrats. anyone that can play and be picked for 1 NRL game can be proud even if your not the best player or super sub.
By the way Lats..only if you want to next year, "Welcome to the football department"
Oh NO!

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Great Bloke with a good sense of humour off the field and always tried his hardest on the field.

Well said- I wasn't always complimentary with my comments about him being selected above a younger up and coming player but as others have already observed, that wasn't his fault. I only met him once at a Sutherland Shire club of all places - Corey Norman was on the pokies and Lats was standing behind and watching in amusement as Corey lost his money. I complimented the two of them on the win they'd had earlier in the day and Lats turned and said "thank you"- Corey didn't look up.

getsmarty

Immortal
Dragons 2019: Serial joker Latimore all smiles after calling fulltime on career
Dragons Den
r0_0_4107_3074_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

DRAGONS prop Jeremy Latimore is preparing to face a former team this week but. When you've played at five clubs, that happens about once a month.

One of the game's genuine characters, in an era where there aren't many left, Latimore won't add to it having confirmed he'll call time on his career at season's end.

It'll draw the curtain on his second stint at the Dragons after beginning his career at Parramatta in 2009, before time with the Warriors, Panthers and Sharks.

Injury permitting, he will finish with a handy 183 games on his resume, a stellar career built on one-year deals and an invaluable off-field role as a joker.

The latter may see the likes of James Graham, Ben Hunt and Paul Vaughan breathe a sigh of relief having worn the brunt of his jibes that are unashamedly based on pay packets.

"I've always got to keep Paul Vaughan on his toes," Latimore says, tongue in cheek as most things are with the 32-year-old.

"The more cash the more levels they need to be knocked down, or if the young guys if they come in too confident I've got to fly into them.

"I always try to have a laugh and take the piss, probably sometimes a bit too much when we're out on the field trying to be serious.

"I've played with a lot of different playing groups and there's not too many people I've played with who I haven't got along with."

Having set up his own business, he's long been set up for life after footy as a mortgage broker.

It will certainly hold more job security than the perennial one year deals, but Latimore says knowing it could end at any time has helped him appreciate every moment down the stretch of his career.

"Nothing's ever guaranteed for me, I've been on year to year contracts and I've treated every year like it could be my last," he said.

"Being a professional footballer's a great job and I've never taken it for granted. That's the mindset I've had the last few years, I just love coming to training and being around the boys.

"That's what makes [retirement] hard, I could do this forever but the body wouldn't let me. I've had a few niggling injuries this year which have been a factor in the decision.

"It was just the right time. I sat on it for a couple of weeks and see if I still felt the same and then I came in and told Mary [Paul McGregor] on Monday.

"The response has been great from the boys, friends and family and the fans out there. There's six games to go and since I've announced it I can really enjoy that."

Running a business will consume plenty of his time, but he's still eyeing another one-year deal in the Illawarra Rugby League, looking to link with former Eels teammate and Wests Devils stalwart Jimmy Grehan.

"He plays at Wests so it could be there but there's a bit of recruiting going on, all the boys have links to local clubs down here," Latimore said.

"We played together a long time ago at Parramatta together and he's one of my best mates.

"If I had of gone again [in the NRL] I don't know if the old boy would've been able to play again next year.

"He's aging very quickly. I'll have to get him in shape, he'll probably sell me as a package deal so he can get a spot. He'll probably take my money to."

https://www.illawarramercury.com.au...les-after-calling-fulltime-on-career/?cs=3713

redVinme

Juniors
Guess I'll Buck the trend here. For anyone that reckons Lats is a good bloke who always did his best I challenge you to look at some off his stat's off the bench this year which were pathetic. If consistently running for less than 50m off the bench was his best he should of f**ked off years ago. Suppose another good bloke doing his best kept selecting him though so go figure...

Brutalitops

Juniors
Guess I'll Buck the trend here. For anyone that reckons Lats is a good bloke who always did his best I challenge you to look at some off his stat's off the bench this year which were pathetic. If consistently running for less than 50m off the bench was his best he should of f**ked off years ago. Suppose another good bloke doing his best kept selecting him though so go figure...
Have you ever met Latimore? Fantastic person. I don't give a f**k what since numbers on a stat sheet say because it has nothing to do with the kind of bloke he is

Latest posts