What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jeremy Smith.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Yeah I think it's 3 trials but often the lower grades play extra trials back in 2004 there were reggies-HM trials played at Brookie at the same time the 1st grade were at Cronulla.

also what could happen is that team #1 plays in the 1st half of the trial then a new team plays the 2nd half as things like that are allowed during trials.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Hurriflatch said:
Yeah I think it's 3 trials but often the lower grades play extra trials back in 2004 there were reggies-HM trials played at Brookie at the same time the 1st grade were at Cronulla.

also what could happen is that team #1 plays in the 1st half of the trial then a new team plays the 2nd half as things like that are allowed during trials.

exactly, with different combinations thrown in as well.

lucablight

First Grade
eelavation said:
on top of that, he's been told to give it his all at training leading up to the first trial and he's got the first shot at the no.6 jersey. ;-)

I would imagine that a few other players are on the same sort of deal..

Where does that leave John Morris?

The Engineers Room

First Grade
I'm glad to here as he looked the goods last year. He was the Premier League playmaker with Perenara playing a more supporting role.

Utey

Coach
I thought we had seen the last of Morris at 9. Damn. I still think we will have Morris and Smith as our halves pairing no matter what happens.

lucablight

First Grade
eelavation said:
fighting for his spot!..like most players should.

Obviously but what I meant was if Jeremy Smith was to force John Morris out of the five eighth position and with Riddell and Marsh already sharing the hooking role does that mean he would end up playing premier league?

bartman

Immortal
If he was forced out, then probably yeah back to Prems. But all it takes in one injury and we'd need to call on back up, and Morris would be back in at 6 or 9 or 14....

I think it'll more likely a case of the other way around. Morris will start the year at 6, Wags at 13, and then it's up to others like J Smith, Mateo, etc to take the chance if there's an injury.

Stagger eel

Staff member
lucablight said:
Obviously but what I meant was if Jeremy Smith was to force John Morris out of the five eighth position and with Riddell and Marsh already sharing the hooking role does that mean he would end up playing premier league?

Absalutely.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
bartman said:
If he was forced out, then probably yeah back to Prems. But all it takes in one injury and we'd need to call on back up, and Morris would be back in at 6 or 9 or 14....

I think it'll more likely a case of the other way around. Morris will start the year at 6, Wags at 13, and then it's up to others like J Smith, Mateo, etc to take the chance if there's an injury.

That is what I think but I hope that Jeremy keeps up his form or even improves then he would be chosen ahead of Mateo for sure.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I think Morris' biggest enemy is himself.

Because he's a great utility player and doesn't excel at any one position.

I mean, he has strong defence, a handy kicking game and an OK passing game. These are good attributes for a 5/8.

However, he only has OK vision and has next to no running game.

His biggest disadvantage is perhaps his greatest strength - his ability to play almost anywhere.