What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jeremy Smith

parra_jesus

Juniors
i didnt reliase how quick he was until he made that break, he was flying... he seems to be lacking abit in attack though.its going to be intresting to see what jt does when tim smith comes back from injury.

parra pete

Referee
parra_jesus said:
i didnt reliase how quick he was until he made that break, he was flying... he seems to be lacking abit in attack though.its going to be intresting to see what jt does when tim smith comes back from injury.

I think Sterlo answered that on the Sunday Footy Show.....

Prodigal Eel

Juniors
imo we cant win a gf with j.smith at halfback!!!
His riding on the teams good form ....put timmy there under the same conditions and you get 05 all over agian!

lucablight

First Grade
parra pete said:
I think Sterlo answered that on the Sunday Footy Show.....

Sterlo also said the Eels would not be making the top 8 and last time I checked he isn't the current coach. This isn't a personal attack at you by any means but I find your anti Tim Smith vendetta quite amusing. ;-)

parra pete

Referee
lucablight said:
Sterlo also said the Eels would not be making the top 8 and last time I checked he isn't the current coach. This isn't a personal attack at you by any means but I find your anti Tim Smith vendetta quite amusing. ;-)

Did Sterlo say that today...??? and I'm not the coach either. Just someone, like you, that likes his football Club and has opinions...
BTW I am not anti Tim Smith...Just a believer that if it ain't broke, don't fix it..and it ain't broke with Jeremy there. And mate..I have no great shakes for Jeremy Smith either..IMO he is just a player with a lot of flaws in his game.
BUT I am a great fan of John Morris whom I consider to be the driver of our halves. He will be a HUGE loss in 2007 and beyond.
I do not take anything posted on the forum as personal. If you don't agree with me give it to me..That's what it is all about, isn't it?
This is Australia where freedom of speech is still a right...

mickdo

Coach
Pretty sure he didn't say it today, but some time ago he definitely wrote us off when things were bad

cardinal

Juniors
parra pete said:
Did Sterlo say that today...??? and I'm not the coach either. Just someone, like you, that likes his football Club and has opinions...
BTW I am not anti Tim Smith...Just a believer that if it ain't broke, don't fix it..and it ain't broke with Jeremy there. And mate..I have no great shakes for Jeremy Smith either..IMO he is just a player with a lot of flaws in his game.
BUT I am a great fan of John Morris whom I consider to be the driver of our halves. He will be a HUGE loss in 2007 and beyond.
I do not take anything posted on the forum as personal. If you don't agree with me give it to me..That's what it is all about, isn't it?
This is Australia where freedom of speech is still a right...

So Tim Smith is a sh*t 1/2 but John Morris is a great 5/8, oh thats right you have to be able to run the ball to be a good 1/2 hey. John is such a devestating ball runner and did he have more try assists than Tim last year oh thats right no one in the nrl did.

Utey

Coach
If Tim got his shoulder right on GF day you surely couldnt bring him back, could you? Not when Jeremy has got us there. He still has plenty to offer.

parra pete

Referee
cardinal said:
So Tim Smith is a sh*t 1/2 but John Morris is a great 5/8, oh thats right you have to be able to run the ball to be a good 1/2 hey. John is such a devestating ball runner and did he have more try assists than Tim last year oh thats right no one in the nrl did.

Memories...of the ordinary kind...:whistle:.Remembering the way we were :whistle:... Great to hang onto...close your eyes and your halfway there.
:lol:

Hurriflatch

Referee
All sterlo said about the top 8 was after the win vs the Knights he basically said that it was a great win and they have been in good form the last couple of weeks but he doesn't think Parra will make the 8 at that stage they were still about 6 pts out of the 8.

on J.Smith it really depends on when Timmy is back

If Tim is back by say the 2nd week of the finals then yeah I can see him coming in but if it's only the Grand Final then no it's not fair on Jeremy Smith who has been halfback for most of the turn around (by that stage) to drop him for the grand final, but there are also other factors like injuries etc but if Dusty gets dropped for the Grand Final he has every right to be pissed off

cardinal

Juniors
parra pete said:
Memories...of the ordinary kind...:whistle:.Remembering the way we were :whistle:... Great to hang onto...close your eyes and your halfway there.
:lol:

Yeah the memories are not that long ago, just a few rounds ago actually remember when he completly dominated Joey in the first half to give us a 26-0 half time scoreline. You say you used to be a selector pete if you dont recognise talent like Tim it worries me what players missed out on being picked in your teams, no good halfbacks obviously.

Hellsy

Immortal
Jeremy lacks vision IMO.
His kicking game is nothing special (Morris and Pig put in heaps of kicks)
His 5th tackle options often have nothing.
He just doesn't seem to have confidence in yelling at the players to get in line where he wants them.

No doubt he will develop more and more confidence.. but thats my thoughts

lucablight

First Grade
Hurriflatch said:
All sterlo said about the top 8 was after the win vs the Knights he basically said that it was a great win and they have been in good form the last couple of weeks but he doesn't think Parra will make the 8 at that stage they were still about 6 pts out of the 8.

on J.Smith it really depends on when Timmy is back

If Tim is back by say the 2nd week of the finals then yeah I can see him coming in but if it's only the Grand Final then no it's not fair on Jeremy Smith who has been halfback for most of the turn around (by that stage) to drop him for the grand final, but there are also other factors like injuries etc but if Dusty gets dropped for the Grand Final he has every right to be pissed off

I can't quote him exactly but he said something to the effect of "No caretaker coach has ever come in midseason and taken his team to the finals and this season will be no different" with the utmost certainty. I don't blame him for saying it at the time though.

parra pete

Referee
cardinal said:
Yeah the memories are not that long ago, just a few rounds ago actually remember when he completly dominated Joey in the first half to give us a 26-0 half time scoreline. You say you used to be a selector pete if you dont recognise talent like Tim it worries me what players missed out on being picked in your teams, no good halfbacks obviously.

:lol: My selection days were loooooooooong ago...But, one that I did pick - Steve Martin - DID go on to be a Kangaroo...and I WAS a selector that gave him his first opportunity at a senior level, i.e higher than Group level. Others in that team were Ray Brown and Terry Regan..who also had their first taste of higher than GRoup rep honours.
But as Cold Chisel once sang "Baby, that was years ago"
Means nothing now, and neither does MY opinion. It is just that MY opinion. If you think Tim is a beauty, good on ya. Don't let me affect how you think about him. You are as entitled to your views as I am of mine. Keep the faith!

Suitman

Post Whore
parra pete said:
:lol: My selection days were loooooooooong ago...But, one that I did pick - Steve Martin - DID go on to be a Kangaroo...and I WAS a selector that gave him his first opportunity at a senior level, i.e higher than Group level. Others in that team were Ray Brown and Terry Regan..who also had their first taste of higher than GRoup rep honours.
Means nothing now, and neither does MY opinion. It is just that MY opinion. If you think Tim is a beauty, good on ya. Don't let me affect how you think about him. You are as entitled to your views as I am of mine. Keep the faith!

Great reply.

Suity

parra pete

Referee
Hellsy said:
Jeremy lacks vision IMO.
His kicking game is nothing special (Morris and Pig put in heaps of kicks)
His 5th tackle options often have nothing.
He just doesn't seem to have confidence in yelling at the players to get in line where he wants them.

No doubt he will develop more and more confidence.. but thats my thoughts

Helen, I agree TOTALLY. I have NO great wraps on Jeremy Smith as a player..but he is doing the job atm. DOING be the operative word..He can't be replaced by someone who MIGHT do the job because he was good 12 months ago before his shocker in the prelininary final...MY OPINION...not gospel..just the way I SEE IT.

parra pete

Referee
It wasn't hard...He was going around in Group 9 v Group 20..in a Riverina Under 18 selection trial...Blind Freddy would have picked him....(and Brownie and Rego...) Actually Terry was in a CRL side that I was manager of in 1981 when he was at Cessnock...Matty Johns says that Rego is the original Reg Reagan..knowing Terry as I do, I would BELIEVE that...:lol:

cardinal

Juniors
parra pete said:

Your opinion means something otherwise I would'nt reply but your right we dont have to agree. I feel Tim certainly has not steped up as we hoped he would this year but I think he has shown glimpses for me not to lose faith in him. Who knows in 12 months he may be with another club and this will be irrellevent. I love the fact Tim is a ball playing halfback who does not have to run the ball, goes back to my love for sterlo over steve mortimer I guess, and you obviously feel a halfback must run the ball often, be a boring world if we all thought the same thing.

CrazyEel

Bench
parra pete said:
Matty Johns says that Rego is the original Reg Reagan..knowing Terry as I do, I would BELIEVE that...:lol:
Yeah, so would I, typical tough bushie who enjoyed a bit of biff just for the pure fun of it.:lol: