What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jeremy Smith

parra pete

Referee
cardinal said:
Your opinion means something otherwise I would'nt reply but your right we dont have to agree. I feel Tim certainly has not steped up as we hoped he would this year but I think he has shown glimpses for me not to lose faith in him. Who knows in 12 months he may be with another club and this will be irrellevent. I love the fact Tim is a ball playing halfback who does not have to run the ball, goes back to my love for sterlo over steve mortimer I guess, and you obviously feel a halfback must run the ball often, be a boring world if we all thought the same thing.

I agree :clap:

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I identifed Mark Riddell, Eric Grothe Jr, Brent Sherwin, Corey Hughes as all players that will make it first grade when i was 16, and thats no lie Pete, i played against these blokes and it wasn't rocket science to realise ( apart from Corey Hughes:? lol) that they were going places.

It's not that hard to spot standouts in your district who are going to make it, the hard ones are the ones that develop in the latter stages of there youth.
As for Tim Smiths ability? your opinion reflects the minority Pete no offence;-) ,and whilst you're entitled to your opinion, you seem to go out of your way to bombard threads with your anti-Smith sentiments, thats where i think your opinion goes to far Pete, save your opinions for say "J Smith vs T Smith" threads or is "Tim Smith will be our saviour threads" where your opinion for debate is more then welcome, but when it seems that the word Tim Smith is muttered, you come out all guns blazing and put the 2005 Rookie of the year to the sword because like 17 other players didn't start the year off well enough for your likeing.

Did you bag Steve Martin when his career went down faster then a turd to Bondi Beach?, and believe me he's not a quarter the player Tim is.;-)

Anyway thats all i'll say, all players hit rough patches.

caylo

Bench
i think it would be close to rudiculus to bring timmy in on GF day, he needs at lest 1 game under his belt b4 a GF IF he was to get picked. if can come back round 26/week1 finals off the bench or in PL, mabey but 2 much longer, its 2much of a risk. i think we can win the comp without both jeremy and timmy... we have so much attacking prowess in there departments (i.e hooker: riddell, 5-8morris, bench:marsh, widders outsidebacks: burt, benny, mckinnon, ody etc), but u need som1 obviously 2 be at halfback, but we dont rely on them. timmy has more skill, and we have more attacking options, BUT he has 2 be fit. i would not have him as an automatic selection, if he trains well, and looks sharp, i guess the bench would not be ruled out 4 1 game(with marsh at halfback), and if he doesn't look 2 sharp send him 2 PL, and see if he proves himself... if not he stays there until he does... or jeremy head comes off. there is to many possibilites, he may not even be fit come gf day...

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I agree to, but i think if he wasn't given a couple of games he should, and it also depends on how good J smith is going at the time aswell.

caylo

Bench
i would have no problem promoting marsh in2 the 13, and dropping jeremy if he was goin sh*t house. timmy would come in2 consideration if fit, even if he had not played any footy, but like i said so much can happen in 3 weeks... he could be fit in 2weeks, play PL in round 25, and come up in round 26, he could miss the rest of 2006. who noz... only time will tell

parra pete

Referee
Ron Jeremy said:
I identifed Mark Riddell, Eric Grothe Jr, Brent Sherwin, Corey Hughes as all players that will make it first grade when i was 16, and thats no lie Pete, i played against these blokes and it wasn't rocket science to realise ( apart from Corey Hughes:? lol) that they were going places.

It's not that hard to spot standouts in your district who are going to make it, the hard ones are the ones that develop in the latter stages of there youth.
As for Tim Smiths ability? your opinion reflects the minority Pete no offence;-) ,and whilst you're entitled to your opinion, you seem to go out of your way to bombard threads with your anti-Smith sentiments, thats where i think your opinion goes to far Pete, save your opinions for say "J Smith vs T Smith" threads or is "Tim Smith will be our saviour threads" where your opinion for debate is more then welcome, but when it seems that the word Tim Smith is muttered, you come out all guns blazing and put the 2005 Rookie of the year to the sword because like 17 other players didn't start the year off well enough for your likeing.

Did you bag Steve Martin when his career went down faster then a turd to Bondi Beach?, and believe me he's not a quarter the player Tim is.;-)

Anyway thats all i'll say, all players hit rough patches.

I don't think you would have seen Wizz Martin play...If you did, and you still think Tim is better than him (an ex Kangaroo and a veteran of many seasons in first grade) after one season ---then I rest my case...

Ron Jeremy

Coach
parra pete said:
I don't think you would have seen Wizz Martin play...If you did, and you still think Tim is better than him (an ex Kangaroo and a veteran of many seasons in first grade) after one season ---then I rest my case...

So basically bag the bloke because he has no chance of being better...right?

He never experienced any slumps........

CrazyEel

Bench
Ron Jeremy said:
So basically bag the bloke because he has no chance of being better...right?

He never experienced any slumps........
Yeah Wizz did go through a slump actually, but that wasn't till he had well and truly established himself and long after he'd toured with the kangaroos at just 21. Totally different styles though as Wizz had a running game that Tim will never be able to match.

Anyway, IMO Tim will fulfill his potential next year and prove to be a star but untill he does it is just opinion and each is entitled to their own.

James_Hardie

Juniors
Jeremy probably had his best game for us in firsts on saturday (despite his first half hour being aweful), but that wasn't a high bar to raise.
Unless he knows exactly what he wants to do before the ball is played, he doesn't know what to do. He can't improvise or react to the situation in front of him. Heck we had two instances where Wagon and Ben Smith were forced to kick off their wrong feet with pressure on, all because Jeremy couldn't change from run on the last, to kick.

Hellsy

Immortal
parra pete said:
Helen, I agree TOTALLY. I have NO great wraps on Jeremy Smith as a player..but he is doing the job atm. DOING be the operative word..He can't be replaced by someone who MIGHT do the job because he was good 12 months ago before his shocker in the prelininary final...MY OPINION...not gospel..just the way I SEE IT.

At least Tim was doing the job 12 months ago, Jeremy wasn't :LOL: :LOL: