What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jeremy smith

chemics

Juniors
Daily telegraph claims smith is not happy with the commute from Wollongong to the shire and is looking At his options for 2013
Snap him up ??

Elias1983

Coach
It says in Rugby league week also as well that the eels are throwing massive money at him to try and snatch him.

But YES, YES!!! Bring him back!!!!!!!

Willow

Assistant Moderator
If he is unhappy commuting to Cronulla, Parramatta isn't going to be any easier. But depends how much money they are throwing at him.

Would be great to have him back. When injury-free, he was definitely an asset.

Stagger Lee

Bench
Smith was born in New Zealand. His date of birth is 14 April 1980
Jeremy Jon Oscar Smith (born 14 April 1985 in Christchurch, New Zealand)

both the above are on the wiki page for him. Do we know what his true age is?

I would welcome him back but as with anything the devil is in the detail, how much and how long?

Godz Illa

Coach
Pretty sure he's 31 or 32, so the 1980 date is correct.

Obviously we all love him, but he left us mid-contract for a longer-term deal and he'll be doing the same now. Is a multi-year deal for a guy his age too much of a risk?

Drew-Sta

Staff member
He's 32.

Too old, in my books. We're better off looking for someone four or five years younger with the same hard nose attitude.

st.phil

Bench
You guys are kidding me - sign him up! He did not "walk out" we let him go. He might only want a couple years - never should have left in the first place.

moik

Bench
Smith certainly isn't playing like a 32 year old. He has the genes that will keep him going for a lot longer yet.

I credit the Dragons gf win to 3 players we couldn't have done without. Boyd, Soward and Smith.

Get him back at all costs.

Elias1983

Coach
He's 32.

Too old, in my books. We're better off looking for someone four or five years younger with the same hard nose attitude.

Far out I had no idea he was that old.

I thought he was 28-29.

However he was a late bloomer wasn't he in terms of first grade debut? Maybe he still has a 2-3 years left in him.

Godz Illa

Coach
You guys are kidding me - sign him up! He did not "walk out" we let him go. He might only want a couple years - never should have left in the first place.
I didn't say he walked out. But it's a fact that he had one year left on good money with us, and chose to take up a longer deal with the Sharks. It's the same situation rfor him right now. As pointed out elsewhere, he knows how to maximise his income. Good on him.

Being honest, I'm a romantic at heart. Bringing the J-Bone back would be a wonderful story and I'd be stoked to have him in the red v. But you can't afford to be romantic in rugby league these days (unfortunately). You've got to look forward only, and be prudent.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
He's 32.

Jarrad Hickey? Only 27 and looking like he might come back to Australia.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Beat me to the edit, thanks Elias.

Someone mentioned it to me last night but was light on detail.

Yes, word is that Hickey has signed with the Cutters. I imagine he would be a handy replacement to cover for Weyman.

mmap dragons

Juniors

Yes, word is that Hickey has signed with the Cutters. I imagine he would be a handy replacement to cover for Weyman.

A piece in the telecrap today indicates Hickey has signed with the Cutters for the remainder of 2012. Will be a handy acquisition IMO.

64 Dragon

Coach
What about Greg Eastwood? Would we take him? He's pretty durable and has a good offload in him.

Elias1983

Coach

Wonder what his fitness/weight is like.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Apart from Glen Stewart who else is there?

Why do we have to buy someone if there's noone on the market? I'd rather Price put the energy into someone from the Cutters or a junior.

Far out I had no idea he was that old.

I thought he was 28-29.

However he was a late bloomer wasn't he in terms of first grade debut? Maybe he still has a 2-3 years left in him.

Yes, he was 24 when he debuted. I think he was 28 when we signed him in 2009.

Jarrad Hickey? Only 27 and looking like he might come back to Australia.

Good depth. If Weyman gets in his ear during the recovery and Price applies the same approach as Bennett did for Cuthbertson, Weyman and Mason, then he'll be an astute purchase. It's all 'if' at this stage, but the idea is definitely right.

Party Boyd

Juniors
Hey lads, FYI - Jeremy was born in 1985.

So he's still got plenty left in his legs. It'd be good to bring the mongrel back into the backrow, especially with Beau leaving.