What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jermaine Ale pt.II

Is Jermaine Ale ready for first grade in Round One 2005?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes - but we won't need him

• No - needs more time to develop/more experience in higher grades

• No - too young

• Total voters

Kris_man

Bench
I think he should start in Pl for the first few rounds and then if form permits have him eased into the side by round 8-10. I dont rate Robbo. Too small, not very quick and injury prone. I would start with a back 5 of

1.Schif
2.Chalk
3.Graham
4.Frawley
5.Smith/Gafa/Milne
Tidus mate, i like the way you think :clap:

Kris_man

Bench
Timbo said:
Sadly everyone is kidding themselves if they think Elliot will refrain from using Boogs.
i agree, but i'm gonna let myself be happy for the off-season and imagine that Boogs won't be there. who knows? maybe by some crazy twist of fate he won't play a game next year :mrgreen: . at least that's what i'll be telling myself...

SOULS 04

Juniors
5. Roberston <= has the sword dangling above his head experince wise is what got him a spot in my side.hed be my first replacement for either gafa/chalk/smith/goodwin/ale if he didnt performe

I think the sword has well and truly fallen

its a shame caus i like robbo he has alot of heart... unfortunatley he's not as good as some of our other players

raiders_boy

Juniors
SOULS 04 said:
5. Roberston <= has the sword dangling above his head experince wise is what got him a spot in my side.hed be my first replacement for either gafa/chalk/smith/goodwin/ale if he didnt performe

I think the sword has well and truly fallen

its a shame caus i like robbo he has alot of heart... unfortunatley he's not as good as some of our other players

yeah i agree...

I don't mind Robbo... he's a local boy and all that, but he really needs to improve to hold off the hoards of players looking to snap up that wing position

Kris_man

Bench
i agree about Robbo being a bit mediocre, but I think Elliott likes him - he's given him a lot of game time over the years despite his young age and occasional form slumps. i wouldn't be heaps surprised (although i would be a lil surprised) to see him play in round 1 next year.

greeneyed

First Grade
Kris_man said:
Timbo said:
Sadly everyone is kidding themselves if they think Elliot will refrain from using Boogs.
i agree, but i'm gonna let myself be happy for the off-season and imagine that Boogs won't be there. who knows? maybe by some crazy twist of fate he won't play a game next year :mrgreen: . at least that's what i'll be telling myself...

Maybe we could release him AND Tyran to St George?

Tidus_Raider

Bench
greeneyed said:
Kris_man said:
Timbo said:

Maybe we could release him AND Tyran to St George?

Seriously I would cop that. Robbo and Smith for Withers. That's a good trade IMO if we dont have to payout their contracts like we had to do with Payten.

Jermaine is still 19, must be a typo on the site.

and IMHO he'll get a shot in the trials, step up, and be your no3 for the year.
i know him personally, he's mentally tough, used to be a winger - so hes got planty of speed. low 11sec over 100m.

excellent signing. :clap:

Chippo Raiders

Juniors
Timbo said:
Yes he is.

Let's face it, playing centre isn't rocket science. You don't need to develop as much as a half or hooker. Stick him in, what can go wrong?

He still has areas to improve based o his game in the GF, he was beaten in defence, something which would be a disaster in first grade, plus first grade is 5 times faster at least, ease him in.....We signed Frawley to play centre so that will be the initial plan...Mogg and Frawley and Graham or Chalk or Robbo or Gafa on the wing...

Robbo has a good ticker so the Robbo bashers in the area must remember he can score and is very consistant, lets wait and not be hasty we have plenty of depth in these positions

What about Bronx, he impressed me, he reminds me a little of Clinton himself,

Very steady under the High ball, fearless in defence and has a funny running style along with a "fair" kicking game.

Kris_man

Bench
Kris_man saw Bronx Goodwin in that flegg final, and believes that he is not what the Raiders need right now, especially with Schif already there. Kris_man also believes that Chippo Raiders spoke unwisely when he said:
the Robbo bashers in the area must remember he can score and is very consistant
he can't score, and the statistics prove that. he is also not consistent in any way - one game he's really good under the high ball, the next minute he couldn't outleap a grasshopper. Kris_man concedes, though, that he is consistently bad.

Chippo Raiders

Juniors
Kris_man said:
:lol: Kris_man enjoys the ironic humour in Greenblooded's comment.

Chippo finds it very odd indeed, as for Bronx, I have been talking to Chippo recently, and I have seen he is very much a fan of Bronx, and Chippo thinks Clint has 2-4 years left in the NRL and Bronx will be 21-23 still very young. Chippo also told me that he would be a good rival for Chalk to battle for the position upon Clints farewell.

Ha Chippo also said he has just reached talking in the 4th person

Latest posts