What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jermaine Ale

The Dragons developed Kite.

The rest of your ex-raiders are rejects....apart from Kennedy but you obviously did nothing to develop him.

You're Manly. You don't develop players, you poach them....or scavenge through the off-cuts of other clubs. Know your role.

MSIH

Bench
Bobby DIGital said:
The Dragons developed Kite.

I forgot, when did Kite play for Australia while at the Dragons?

Developing players doesn't end when someone reaches first grade.

Timbo

Staff member
Back to the original topic...

Ale is a massive waste of talent. It really s*its me to see guys who are oozing talent just throw it all away through total lack of effort.

He could've been anything. Now it's only even money on him ever being NRL contracted again.

Raider_69

Post Whore
:lol: Bulgarelli was the polar opposite you clown
Ale has talent and alot it, he just doesnt seem to put in
Boogs had no talent what so ever, not a single shread, but one thing you could never accuse him of was not trying, he tried his guts out, he was just flat out dog ordinary.

Ari Gold

Bench
so when you say he has great potential... is that rep player potential or Regular FG potential?

MSIH

Bench
He wasn't dog ordinary for the Warriors in '03'. Quite the contrary. Very surprised when he didn't snag MOTM honours.

Bicey_18

Bench
Just like Brad Tighe in some regards.... He has so much potential but his poor attitude lets him down. He could be a superstar but fails to put in the hard yards

Special K said:
The bloke was known at the roosters for not putting in.

Natural talent can only get you so far without hard work I guess this shows.

I don't know about that as he played in the Great Sydney Roosters Jersey flegg team that won the comp without losing a game in 2004.

skeepe

Immortal
Royston Lightning was another example of wasted talent. That kid could have been something special. Problem is, he was a little like Forrest Gump in that after he scored, he didn't stop running until he found the nearest McDonalds.

aqua_duck

Coach
I rmember Ale coming through the knights junior ranks and he was something special back then, he had just as much ability probably more even than say a bloke like Anthony Quinn but after the roosters poached him his career kind of stalled (He was lucky to be part of such a stacked roosters flegg team)

legend

Coach
Is it an indegenous thing as all the players mentioned are either aboriginal or part aboriginal and I'm sure Ale is part Aboriginal?

innsaneink

Referee
Cant be....it dont seem to bother Inglis, Thaiday, Widders or even Daley + Beetson back in the day....

The Colonel

Immortal
I think some of these kids tend to get an easy ride into teams based on their talent but when it comes time to take the next step up they don't seem to accept they have to do the extra work to keep their place. They've been conditioned to accept that they will be selected because they are more talented then someone else. When the less talented player gets a shot based on the back of his hard work - the talented player isn't sure how to accept that.

Plenty of players have the talent to play first grade - Parramatta lower grades have been littered with them over the years as has just about every other club in the competition. It comes down to whether or not they want to do the hard work involved.

legend said:
Is it an indegenous thing as all the players mentioned are either aboriginal or part aboriginal and I'm sure Ale is part Aboriginal?

You could probably argue that point with some success but I'm not sure its just an indigenous trait. Plenty of players of all different nationalities have fallen by the wayside with too much talent in the past.

The Colonel

Immortal
miccle said:
Leon Bott is another who just never put in.. at all.

Must be a NSW thing ;-)

:lol: Been a few talented Toowoomba players that have shown all the promise and not delivered too. ;-)

Panjabi

Juniors
legend said:

He's multi racial, half pacific islander, the other half european.

It's not a racial thing, its a laziness thing.