What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jersey poll

Which do you prefer?

• The left one with the oval LG

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The right one with the rectangle LG

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Frenzy

Juniors
I'm bored.

In another thread, the jersey one, Zed suggested in the discussion that the LG might look better in a white oval rather than a white rectangle

So I made it

I think Zed is right. I think the oval looks much "neater"

What do we think?

New_Sharks_jersey3.jpg

Booyah

Bench
Its not a major issue with me personally, but the Oval certainly does make it look neater.

RICHO

Juniors
The thing is, that the LG Box overlaps the black. That leaves a little bit of blue above the box, looking very stupid.

The box on the drawing of the jersey is smaller than on the picture too.

AxeJuggler

Juniors
I think there shud be no white background, just the LG that would be good, they could even have LG in written in white, it would stand out and look pretty good.

I prefer the one on the left and I reckon it would look even better if the oval touched the edges of the black, had a flat bottom edge and went right up in a near arc around the black outline below the Puma sign.

I don't mind either as I think that both are an improvement on the 2003 jersey. I'm pretty sure that LG's trademark is the whole thing though, including the box, and that we're stuck with that.

My initial thoughts about the jersey itself were that if the jersey is supposed to represent the body of a shark, with the front the underside of the shark, there should be more white in it. Would have also liked to see a return to the good old sky blue instead of that aqua/teal/whatever, but I'll wait until I see the real deal. Haven't even seen a photo of the front and back of the new jersey as yet. I will reserve my judgement until then.

Punk

Juniors
I think the 'red' one looks the poorest. The other two are fine, although I prefer the black one.

Marduk

Juniors
The left oval sponsor looks better, but the new jersey/logo are pretty tidy all the same. :)

El Coconuto

Bench
If anyone has the spare time, see what it looks like when you get rid of the box altogether, and change the LG text to white. It's only an image in my head at the moment, but I don't think it would look to shabby. If it were stitched on as well as opposed to being merely pre-printed, it could give the logo a bit of texture as well.

Oh wells I suppose no matter how much we bicker things won't change. Still, see how it goes.

And does anyone know when it will be on stands?

AxeJuggler

Juniors
What do you think of this? I know im know image editing great, i only used paint, but i think it looks much better
Sharkshirt.jpg

img code repaired by moderator

njmacleod

Juniors
LG don't seem to insist on a white or even different color background on other sporting teams that they sponsor, so why the Sharks?

chudchss03.gif

sploh52003.gif

coamhss01.gif

AxeJuggler

Juniors
yeh its just stupid to have the white background, i think the sharks should let the fans design an away jersey in a competition that would be great.