Jerseys, Logos, Mock Ups, Photos ANYTHING

Discussion in 'NRL' started by gzerounian, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Saint Doc

Saint Doc Coach

I agree with what you’re saying but I also preferred the 2017/18 jerseys- as a bigger guy I liked the loose/light fit. My 2016/17 jersey felt too heavy, wasn’t as long and not as breathable on hot summer days

gzerounian likes this.
  2. gzerounian

gzerounian Juniors

Yes. Based on fit only I prefer it too as I am also on the biggish side. The current ones are tight across the belly but I can understand why this would be more appealing to a much slender human

3. kdalymc

kdalymc Bench

why cant they just have the team name up high/a normal spot, and (if/when they get one) put the sponsor underneath like a footy jersey??? there doing a Storm and letting the sponsor determine the jersey design..

4. sempmrh

sempmrh Juniors

There's more value in putting a sponsor above than below as you're more likely to see it in photos and closeups on TV.

5. gzerounian

gzerounian Juniors

The brand First Ever is actually owned by the NBL. Basically the NBL is producing its own uniforms and merchandise instead of licensing it out to other companies. I sort of like this idea but at the same am a bit sceptical. Is it a conflict of interest? Are the owners of the NBL just out to make money (which they are entitled to do). A portion going back to junior development is a great idea. The one quote from this article that sort of got me off side was this :

"If you are not wearing the First Ever uniform or apparel you will be potentially supporting operators selling poor quality goods at inflated prices without any concern for the game of basketball."

I'm sure junior sides can get their uniforms made up for much cheaper from overseas rather than being made to feel guilty into using First Ever.

An interesting read.

From the Financial Review:
    https://www.afr.com/business/sport/...ch-online-sports-apparel-firm-20180209-h0vudc

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  6. Gnidir

Gnidir Juniors

Its actually the same thing thats already happening with Jamaica Rugby League mate. They own the whole brand and supply chain, and the money goes directly into their development fund.

7. ayatollah_murdoch

ayatollah_murdoch Juniors

Not really related, but the retro Aussie ODI jersey looks great!

toomuchsoup and Saint Doc like this.
  8. gzerounian

gzerounian Juniors

I know I saw it at the merchandise stand the other day... Are they actually going to wear it?

9. Perth Red

Perth Red Immortal

Looks like Toronto Wolfpack might be trying to do something re using its branding with a range of products in return for investment from the companies. You'd think a sports clothing line would be a potential for this type of deal.An interesting approach.

The new deal will see three Canadian companies become shareholders of the company.

Between them, they will invest the £5.86m. Although the identities of the companies have been withheld, this information is likely to come to light in the future.

What we do know is that as part of the deal, the Wolfpack brand will be used to launch three separate products. One is an isotonic drink, another is an alcoholic beverage and TotalRL understands the third is in the homeopathy market. These products will be distributed in the UK, Canada and Europe, while the Wolfpack will get a percentage of the revenue as part of the deal.

http://www.totalrl.com/everything-y...-torontos-new-multi-million-pound-investment/

Hello, I'm The Doctor likes this.
  10. sempmrh

sempmrh Juniors

Except they are licensing it out to another company - it’s just now they’ve got their own brand’s logo on it instead of Mitchell and Ness. They’re trying to pass themselves off as a streetwear label as well (I guess to give themselves credibility?) but I really don’t think anyone is wearing their overpriced clothing other than the social media ‘influencers’ they’re paying.

11. Bring back John Fifita

Bring back John Fifita Bench

watched Greg McCallums' interview on a replay The Fan last night ..

Maybe it's through my ever Rose-Coloured Retro glasses but the old TNT Jerseys were simple but brilliant, the best the whistle-blowers ever wore.

Even The Grasshopper looked half-decent in one! That's how good they were..

[​IMG]

Patorick likes this.
  12. Timmah

Timmah LeagueUnlimited News Editor Staff Member

The gold ones with blue piping were the best for mine

13. Bring back John Fifita

A quick search and could only find this one to do the compare....

If you can look past the 30years older/30kg's heavier aspect, here we go..

[​IMG]

I quite like the red myself.

14. Timmah

Timmah LeagueUnlimited News Editor Staff Member

this is the one i'm referring to

[​IMG]

15. Hello, I'm The Doctor

Hello, I'm The Doctor First Grade

Is Eric Perez still running the WP?

Can we please get him into the RLIF as like a consultant or something?

16. Hello, I'm The Doctor

I think its a great idea. The NRL should definitely do it. Even if production is still done outside, an apparel specific logo would be very valuable long term (and it would very quickly become famous if its on every NRL jumper).

Centralising the production would give the ARLC quality control and a FAR better price which they can then put back into development (the most obvious use of any funds would be to subsidies NRL branded gear to areas that need it. Any comp/club or school program running around with the NRL Apparel logo on their collar would be brilliant marketing for the game)

17. Patorick

Patorick First Grade

Right thread this time.

Thought to share this here.

INCLUSION(3).png

It is a singlet for the embrace mental health group that I am involved with, designed to wear to the gym or yoga.

Thoughts?

18. Bring back John Fifita

Looks good mate!

Patorick likes this.
  19. Foreign Legion

Foreign Legion First Grade

New super league steedan balls

[​IMG]

axl rose likes this.
  20. Hello, I'm The Doctor