What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Jerseys, Logos, Mock Ups, Photos ANYTHING

Reflector

Juniors
The VB era was a dark era in NSW Origin history and just so happened to coincide with bleak fortunes on the field as well. I actually loved the 2018/19 chevron jerseys and while I was initially against the reverse jersey, it looked great on the field under lights...

Which is why I don't get why they changed this years' jerseys- why bring back a shit design from the Superleague war that was (rightfully) scrapped after a single series? Why ad yet another, completely redundant badge to the jersey?

GAZF

First Grade
yep- as I said, it was a one-off!
I took it in the context that 2009 onwards was bad for NSW designs, when the other two games in 2008 had bad jerseys as well. The one off designs were great, but too similar to one another, logos and all.

Nqcowboy

Juniors
true1.jpg

not a jersey but Jesus this is one of the most atrocious things from an aesthetic point of view in my life, it’s like an autistic kid went crazy with a bunch of stickers or he’s wearing the ad section from a newspaper. Like this makes every bad logo placement on a jersey look artistically brilliant

Perth Red

Post Whore
true1.jpg

not a jersey but Jesus this is one of the most atrocious things from an aesthetic point of view in my life, it’s like an autistic kid went crazy with a bunch of stickers or he’s wearing the ad section from a newspaper. Like this makes every bad logo placement on a jersey look artistically brilliant

Gone full on Formula 1 there!

The VB era was a dark era in NSW Origin history and just so happened to coincide with bleak fortunes on the field as well. I actually loved the 2018/19 chevron jerseys and while I was initially against the reverse jersey, it looked great on the field under lights...

Which is why I don't get why they changed this years' jerseys- why bring back a shit design from the Superleague war that was (rightfully) scrapped after a single series? Why ad yet another, completely redundant badge to the jersey?

Mate I couldn't agree more with you on this, especially your last paragraph. 9 times out of 10 - the simplest design is the best. It blows my mind how much crap gets approved as a playing strip. I suppose they are trying to be innovative but...

Why do clubs have jersey changes so often.

Yes - possible contractual commitments. But why are commitments there in the first place?
Yes - like manufacturing a car, they change/upgrade the model every few years to keep "Modern".
And Yes - to hope people keep buying merch that's "unique" is part of it. But further to this point....

I have a theory..

There is a huge trade market in retro jerseys and kits (which I get involved in too, scored some cracking stuff over the last 12 months). I reckon clubs - and states - have thought that the more jersey designs they have - the more people will buy kits to keep in a collection. Some to keep, and some to invest in with the hope it'll appreciate in value.

There's designs that people generally don't like and don't purchase, which then become rare as time passes, and so collectors will buy them - and it becomes a "circular" market - people don't but them, then people buy them because people don't buy them... Might sound odd but trust you get the drift.. Basically a Jersey will still sell ok enough even if it isn't "popular".

Some of the most "ugly" jerseys of the day are now the highest sought after by collectors. For example - The Gold Coast Giants, Seagulls, and Chargers Jerseys. In their day - they were some of the most maligned jersey designs - in what has since become a classic era for Jerseys. Roll forward to now - you can almost name your price on a top quality one of these - I've seen bids over $1000. Even aged/average quality ones can fetch a kings ransom... I've just used this as an example as they are the most wanted, but there are numerous others club kits similar. So - on the point of this post - it doesn't matter if the kit is judged as "bad" - people will still buy them...

For collectors - to ensure they keep "the full set".. I know plenty of people who are like this. Some Knights collectors in particular who I've bought other league kits from. Some are missing a few rare jerseys from the old 7's tournaments, and will pay a fortune for them - for something that hardly anyone bought at the time. So the more jersey's a club has - the more people will buy to keep the collections..

Like a star wars collector - everyone hated Jar-Jar Binks but in order to keep your collection up to date you had to buy the Jar-Jar Binks figurine.

And that Blues Jersey they've brought back is the Jar-Jar Binks of jerseys. George Lucas knew people disliked it after release and so scaled Jar-Jar out of subsequent movie releases. But unlike George, the NRL have brought Jar-Jar back... And people still hate it...... but it'll still likely sell as you need the new Jar-Jar to keep your collection going.

Nqcowboy

Juniors
Mate I couldn't agree more with you on this, especially your last paragraph. 9 times out of 10 - the simplest design is the best. It blows my mind how much crap gets approved as a playing strip. I suppose they are trying to be innovative but...

Why do clubs have jersey changes so often.

Yes - possible contractual commitments. But why are commitments there in the first place?
Yes - like manufacturing a car, they change/upgrade the model every few years to keep "Modern".
And Yes - to hope people keep buying merch that's "unique" is part of it. But further to this point....

I have a theory..

There is a huge trade market in retro jerseys and kits (which I get involved in too, scored some cracking stuff over the last 12 months). I reckon clubs - and states - have thought that the more jersey designs they have - the more people will buy kits to keep in a collection. Some to keep, and some to invest in with the hope it'll appreciate in value.

There's designs that people generally don't like and don't purchase, which then become rare as time passes, and so collectors will buy them - and it becomes a "circular" market - people don't but them, then people buy them because people don't buy them... Might sound odd but trust you get the drift.. Basically a Jersey will still sell ok enough even if it isn't "popular".

Some of the most "ugly" jerseys of the day are now the highest sought after by collectors. For example - The Gold Coast Giants, Seagulls, and Chargers Jerseys. In their day - they were some of the most maligned jersey designs - in what has since become a classic era for Jerseys. Roll forward to now - you can almost name your price on a top quality one of these - I've seen bids over $1000. Even aged/average quality ones can fetch a kings ransom... I've just used this as an example as they are the most wanted, but there are numerous others club kits similar. So - on the point of this post - it doesn't matter if the kit is judged as "bad" - people will still buy them...

For collectors - to ensure they keep "the full set".. I know plenty of people who are like this. Some Knights collectors in particular who I've bought other league kits from. Some are missing a few rare jerseys from the old 7's tournaments, and will pay a fortune for them - for something that hardly anyone bought at the time. So the more jersey's a club has - the more people will buy to keep the collections..

Like a star wars collector - everyone hated Jar-Jar Binks but in order to keep your collection up to date you had to buy the Jar-Jar Binks figurine.

And that Blues Jersey they've brought back is the Jar-Jar Binks of jerseys. George Lucas knew people disliked it after release and so scaled Jar-Jar out of subsequent movie releases. But unlike George, the NRL have brought Jar-Jar back... And people still hate it...... but it'll still likely sell as you need the new Jar-Jar to keep your collection going.
Kind of hit the nail on the head, a team like the roosters have had virtually unchanged home jersey for 80 odd years (not sure when they brought in the chevron style) as well as st George and like all the Melbourne based afl teams theyve developed an iconic look. The warriors for me have always astounded me as to the colour changes over the years as well as the panthers (I mean brown and white isn’t exactly an appealing colour combination from a marketing point of view). I will say this though it is nice to see interesting designs every now and then, like broncos have gone through a couple of different ideas, it’s refreshing. If it’s done too much or to excess like the warriors do by releasing 7 odd jerseys a year and changing their home and away on a near two year cycle it gets a little much.

Nqcowboy

Juniors
I will say this, as long as it’s tastefully done a jersey can look good regardless of simplicity I.e the tigers 05-07 jersey to me was stunning. I’m also a sucker for photos on jersey as long as it’s done tastefully like some of the Anzac jerseys were and not like gallens testimonial jersey which was just him slapped on the front

yakstorm

First Grade
I feel the trend of constantly 'changing' jerseys, almost for the sake of it, is slowly disappearing, and unfortunately, in typical NSWRL fashion, they just so happen to be a few years behind this trend.

Look at a number of NRL clubs, and the year on year shift has reduced dramatically. Roosters don't change their home kit outside of sponsors, whilst their Alternate kit has remained the same now since 2015.

Dragons home is always roughly the same, Bulldogs, outside of 2018, have kept a similar style since 2013, Knights kept the vertical lines for 5 years before changing and are looking to keep the new design for a number of years, Raiders have had minimal changes since 2015, Sharks have gone back to their old template which they've worn 9 of the last 15 seasons, Eels have just mixed around which is their 'Home' / 'Alternate' and 'Heritage' over the past three years.

A combination of clubs actually respecting their brand a bit more, jerseys not selling quite like they use to, and the reductions that clubs are likely to get from apparel partners moving forward are all pushing it. It's hopefully going to see more of clubs keeping a roughly similar design, at least primary jersey, for longer periods of time.

Hopefully it comes into Origin soon, and the NSWRL reverts back to a more traditional design and sticks with it for a few years.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I like the SL model. Mostly traditional home jersey with minor tweaks. Go wild on your away jersey. Really not a fan of all the "special editions" during the year (if you want to show some respect to the first people then incorporate in permanently to your branding!) Some years we sell more SL away jerseys than home ones.
Clubs seem to misunderstand the value of consistent branding and there is no bigger brand reinforcer than the clubs colours and jersey design.

Nqcowboy

Juniors
I feel the trend of constantly 'changing' jerseys, almost for the sake of it, is slowly disappearing, and unfortunately, in typical NSWRL fashion, they just so happen to be a few years behind this trend.

Look at a number of NRL clubs, and the year on year shift has reduced dramatically. Roosters don't change their home kit outside of sponsors, whilst their Alternate kit has remained the same now since 2015.

Dragons home is always roughly the same, Bulldogs, outside of 2018, have kept a similar style since 2013, Knights kept the vertical lines for 5 years before changing and are looking to keep the new design for a number of years, Raiders have had minimal changes since 2015, Sharks have gone back to their old template which they've worn 9 of the last 15 seasons, Eels have just mixed around which is their 'Home' / 'Alternate' and 'Heritage' over the past three years.

A combination of clubs actually respecting their brand a bit more, jerseys not selling quite like they use to, and the reductions that clubs are likely to get from apparel partners moving forward are all pushing it. It's hopefully going to see more of clubs keeping a roughly similar design, at least primary jersey, for longer periods of time.

Hopefully it comes into Origin soon, and the NSWRL reverts back to a more traditional design and sticks with it for a few years.
Yeah I remember tigers got into trouble In their early years because there was like a three year rule you had to have on a home away jersey setup. I do agree it seems clubs are more willing to stick with a home and away strip for longer. As a creative person it is refreshing to see different designs but that’s probably best left for indigenous/charity/nines and made in a more limited stock to make them more of a collectors item

blue bags

First Grade
Cronulla-Sharks-Mens-Replica-Kokoda-Jersey_CSJRM505KDA_Front_2048x.jpg

https://dynastysport.com.au/collect...20-cronulla-sharks-mens-replica-kokoda-jersey

The 2020 Cronulla Sharks Mens Replica Kokoda Jersey features the iconic archways marking the start and end of the Kokoda track, while the camouflage pattern in Sharks colours is symbolic of the many army personnel who forged the 96 kilometre track in 1942.

The Kokoda Trail Foundation logo is also proudly featured on the jersey with the Australian aid organisation aiming to advance education, health, livelihoods and leadership in Papua New Guinea.

blue bags

First Grade
Manly_Indigenous_Pre_order_01_2048x.jpg

The Sea Eagles Round 12, NRL fixture against the Penrith Panthers will see the Sea Eagles run out wearing a specially created 2020 Indigenous Jersey which pays tribute to the organisations spiritual home.

The Sea Eagles 2020 Indigenous Jersey has been designed by well-known Indigenous artist Lee Hampton. Hampton worked in consultation with Poche, the Indigenous Health Network and alongside club legends and proud indigenous representatives Cliff Lyons and Mal Cochrane to design the 2020 Indigenous Jersey.

kdalymc

Bench
Ordered the 95 cowboys hoodie from old school, pretty average to be honest only buy it if you really want it. The material is some sort of synthetic stuff that doesn’t breathe well, the sizes were in us and I bought a large thinking’s ng it might be a tad bulky (us sizes are a size larger than Australia... Murica!!!!) but it actually had the measurements of a medium and was a bit tight. I mean it’s cool novelty but it is kind of dodgy[/QUOTE
Send pics

kdalymc

Bench
true1.jpg

if thats the front what the hell is on the back

Latest posts