What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Jerseys, Logos, Mock Ups, Photos ANYTHING

The Great Dane

First Grade
It's a better execution of a V than the 2012 jersey, which had a thin, shallow V that was cluttered with white.

View attachment 53228
The white on the outside of the blue and yellow is traditionally how the Raiders have presented those colours.

In other words the white outside the blue and yellow is the norm and not an outlier, and nobody would ever suggest that it's 'cluttered' in any other circumstances.

GAZF

First Grade
In other words the white outside the blue and yellow is the norm and not an outlier, and nobody would ever suggest that it's 'cluttered' in any other circumstances.
You're right. There's no other possible circumstance where this design feature could look cluttered on a rugby league jersey.

2010NRLS1-BASE039.jpg

The Great Dane

First Grade
You're right. There's no other possible circumstance where this design feature could look cluttered on a rugby league jersey.

2010NRLS1-BASE039.jpg
That's not clutter because the white is on the outside though is it.

It's cluttered because a sponsor has been placed right on top of it. Almost any design is going to look cluttered if other design elements are placed on top of them...

Yeah spew.
If the V doesnt touch the shoulders it can f**k off
See, with that particular cut jersey I prefer the V like that. When ISC had the Dragons contract, they added a shoulder & back part to the V and it was ugly as sin: the chest V often wouldn’t line up with the shoulder V, and in situations the jersey looked more like a U than a V.

See, with that particular cut jersey I prefer the V like that. When ISC had the Dragons contract, they added a shoulder & back part to the V and it was ugly as sin: the chest V often wouldn’t line up with the shoulder V, and in situations the jersey looked more like a U than a V.
I disagree. A neutered V comes across a bit like…
1630540699684.jpeg

sempmrh

Juniors
I liked the blue gold and white Raiders striping on the chest. It gave that design element more importance, even if the execution wasn’t great.

GAZF

First Grade

It's cluttered because a sponsor has been placed right on top of it. Almost any design is going to look cluttered if other design elements are placed on top of them...
Its cluttered because of the positioning, how complex the striping pattern is, and the surrounding logos. If you had your heart set on putting sponsors and design elements like striping in the same space, you have to make compromises like simplifying the design element (remove/thin out the white, thicken the blue and gold, for example). I'd say the same thing if Brisbane or Parra tried a V with their traditional striping.

Sure the striping is traditional, but its too busy for that kind of application, amongst others in the past. Thankfully the Raiders seem to have learned this lesson since around 2015.

MugaB

Coach

Refer to NIB sponsorship on newcastle