What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Jerseys, Logos, Mock Ups, Photos ANYTHING

Vic Mackey

Referee
So I got bored again and came up with an ISO task
What if we woke up in an alternate world were the NRL had guernseys and the AFL jerseys? (shock, I know..)
I found it interesting seeing some of the AFL designs in jersey format as a lot of them are designs and/or colour combinations that aren't or have never been used in the NRL (and possibly could be used by any expansion bids?)

I'll upload a few every day or so, don't want to spam a big list at once and haven't made them all yet.

First up the 2 Saints, Bulldogs and Tigers:

View attachment 37956 View attachment 37957 View attachment 37958

Tomorrow Ill have the Sydneys, Melbournes and Brisbanes

I think this is an interesting concept. Would say the Wests and Richmond clubs ever get together and have a round where each wears the other design for a game?

So in this instance it would be your jersey designs but with the logos swapped around.

I get that some Richmond fans would be Storm fans and Wests fans Swans/GWS etc so might hate it, however the vast majority would be neutral to the other code and may at least be interested enough to buy the jersey and potentially both. The clubs may even gain new fans.

I have zero interest in AFL however not going to lie, I would tune in to see Richmond wearing my clubs jersey.

greenBV4

Bench
I think this is an interesting concept. Would say the Wests and Richmond clubs ever get together and have a round where each wears the other design for a game?

So in this instance it would be your jersey designs but with the logos swapped around.

I get that some Richmond fans would be Storm fans and Wests fans Swans/GWS etc so might hate it, however the vast majority would be neutral to the other code and may at least be interested enough to buy the jersey and potentially both. The clubs may even gain new fans.

I have zero interest in AFL however not going to lie, I would tune in to see Richmond wearing my clubs jersey.
Definitely an interesting concept for if the 2 codes ever stopped taking pot shots at one another and worked together for something mutually beneficial. Theres 2 saints, bulldogs, tigers, eagles, melbournes, sydneys, brisbanes and gold coasts that all have a connection through their names. The game/s could even be schedule as a double header in the same or nearby stadiums so you could attend both

greenBV4

Bench
Some of those VFL designs would make for decent Mains for NRL teams struggling for a distinct brand.
Has an NRL club ever used a sash design for a home or away jersey before? I know its popular in soccer and obviously AFL, but It's surprising such a simple but iconic design has possibly never made the jump to league (or union?)

Saint Doc

Coach
Has an NRL club ever used a sash design for a home or away jersey before? I know its popular in soccer and obviously AFL, but It's surprising such a simple but iconic design has possibly never made the jump to league (or union?)

half sash?
WT16LJS1A.jpg

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade

I dont think I have ever seen it (at least at NRL level).

One issue would be the clash with the chest sponsor; we can pretty much guarantee that it will be integrated really badly.

But, yeh. For such a simple design, its kind of amazing that it hasnt been used at least in the 9s or something.

I've always thought how daft it is that the Richmond Tigers' colours are black and YELLOW. What bright spark decided that...

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Souths 2012 Alternate

New-Rabbitohs-Away-Kit-2012.jpg

Did they ever actually wear this? I thought it was just a concept design

It is a great example of how, if clubs carefully create a core brand image (Red-Green stripes) that never changes, they can play with these alternates and still be recognisable.

Perth Red

Post Whore

Must confess I didn’t know Peru had a rugby league team!

026F9FEA-5844-4A14-AE68-E510EDB1B23C.jpeg

sempmrh

Juniors
I've always thought how daft it is that the Richmond Tigers' colours are black and YELLOW. What bright spark decided that...
The colours came before the name - adopted from the Richmond Cricket Club. They were often called the Wasps as well as the Tigers before they settled on the Tigers name.

Saint Doc

Coach
Did they ever actually wear this? I thought it was just a concept design

It is a great example of how, if clubs carefully create a core brand image (Red-Green stripes) that never changes, they can play with these alternates and still be recognisable.

wore it in charity shield. Not sure if it was worn in the regular season

images

images

2012+Charity+Shield+Rabbitohs+v+Dragons+RaJxr5XEDwxl.jpg

The colours came before the name - adopted from the Richmond Cricket Club. They were often called the Wasps as well as the Tigers before they settled on the Tigers name.

Baaaah! I didn’t need the well-informed details here!

I’ll just have to continue on taking the piss out of my Victorian mates about yellow tigers while trying to bury my knowledge of this history.

Latest posts