What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jerseys On Sale at Peter Wynn Score..........Retro Special

Banjo2014

Juniors
Uncle Gerald worked for Penfolds for almost his entire career, he retired and then they asked him to come back.

On all accounts, it was a very good place to work back in the day -so it’s not surprising that their product was the very best of the popular wines.

Stern fellow but very nice if you know the type.

He fought bravely at Milne Bay during the Second World War. He’s never been overly keen at all on the military thing, I think he saw too much.

Another interesting facet of uncle is that he has never been a drinker. A small glass at a wake or something. I guess that’s right for the esteemed Penfolds people.

He’s still going strong. Walks everyday. Much loved and respected. Even in his 90s he’s got authority if you know what I mean. He talks, you shut up!
Goodonya Gerald

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Uncle Gerald worked for Penfolds for almost his entire career, he retired and then they asked him to come back.

On all accounts, it was a very good place to work back in the day -so it’s not surprising that their product was the very best of the popular wines.

Stern fellow but very nice if you know the type.

He fought bravely at Milne Bay during the Second World War. He’s never been overly keen at all on the military thing, I think he saw too much.

Another interesting facet of uncle is that he has never been a drinker. A small glass at a wake or something. I guess that’s right for the esteemed Penfolds people.

He’s still going strong. Walks everyday. Much loved and respected. Even in his 90s he’s got authority if you know what I mean. He talks, you shut up!

Well done mate, thank him for his service for us.

I think we were about to sign him as well ,before he went to paramatta

You got his brother Grahame and he went ok.

Peter is in his store a lot and always has time for the average fan. Just very relaxed and easy going. You can ask him anything league and he’ll tell you his view sincerely.

I’m not interested in players “ doing it tough” during the virus.

Climbing into a bomber knowing you have a better than even chance of never coming back and dying by being burnt alive with half your leg soaring 2000 metres above you in the air is tough.

Turning what lefts of your head around to see your best mates torso sitting next to you with his head neck and shoulders plastered all over the cockpit in lumps and entrails that’s tough.

Judges refusing to implement nazi law and being summarily shot for their ethics, that’s tough.

Tough footballers but snowflakes compared to allied and axis airmen in Europe during most of ww2.

Even if you got back, you had to land the plane, a lot of Germans crash-landed and were burnt alive in front of their traffic control towers. They stood a better chance being shot down by a tail gunner.

Cry me a river players safe at home. The toughest time you’ll have is turning your pillow over!

I’m hoping the break will add a bit of humility to players. It’s a rare gift to play nrl. It’s a big deal. Not that those dickhead teen vulture Canterbury players got that. The only thing greenberger got right.

I hope they appeal and get told for a second time, what the game and almost all of us think about them.
Fifita and Mason can be character witnesses for them!

Last edited:

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
You got his brother Grahame and he went ok.

Peter is in his store a lot and always has time for the average fan. Just very relaxed and easy going. You can ask him anything league and he’ll tell you his view sincerely.

I’m not interested in players “ doing it tough” during the virus.

Climbing into a bomber knowing you have a better than even chance of never coming back and dying by being burnt alive with half your leg soaring 2000 metres above you in the air is tough.

Turning what lefts of your head around to see your best mates torso sitting next to you with his head neck and shoulders plastered all over the cockpit in lumps and entrails that’s tough.

Judges refusing to implement nazi law and being summarily shot for their ethics, that’s tough.

Tough footballers but snowflakes compared to allied and axis airmen in Europe during most of ww2.

Even if you got back, you had to land the plane, a lot of Germans crash-landed and were burnt alive in front of their traffic control towers. They stood a better chance being shot down by a tail gunner.

Cry me a river players safe at home. The toughest time you’ll have is turning your pillow over!

I’m hoping the break will add a bit of humility to players. It’s a rare gift to play nrl. It’s a big deal. Not that those dickhead teen vulture Canterbury players got that. The only thing greenberger got right.

I hope they appeal and get told for a second time, what the game and almost all of us think about them.
Fifita and Mason can be character witnesses for them!

wow...just...wow

Dragon Blood

Juniors
There's also this one.

illawarra_steelers_1987_retro_jersey_1_370x.jpg

Remember, we're all one big happy family these days...

Yep we're are managed, coached and play like a used tampon

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Cos it looks like a used tampon dipshit , to state the obvious.

f**k how dopey you are
You refer to exactly the same colours, appearance & on field performance as a female sanitary product..

Yet only one of us refers to the by-product in our user name..

Interesting..

RedVee

First Grade
I would love to buy the 1965 jersey but looking online and can't find anyone who sells this?? Does anyone know where I could buy it?
I got one some (many) years ago from a store called Goodfellas (something like that). They were on the Princes Hwy St Peters, but I think they have moved a bit further out. Someone else may have more up to date info.

it is a full cotton, long sleeve, collar job with emblem and NO Sponsors! Love it!

I wear (wore) it to games as the weather cools down, the modern shiny material ones in the warm weather. A bonus is I don’t cop flack for wearing it on ‘jersey days’ at work. I work for a bank that isn’t St George.

I only have one minuscule niggle with it, the emblem is more like a 72/73 than a 65. Good enough.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
I got one some (many) years ago from a store called Goodfellas (something like that). They were on the Princes Hwy St Peters, but I think they have moved a bit further out. Someone else may have more up to date info.

it is a full cotton, long sleeve, collar job with emblem and NO Sponsors! Love it!

I wear (wore) it to games as the weather cools down, the modern shiny material ones in the warm weather. A bonus is I don’t cop flack for wearing it on ‘jersey days’ at work. I work for a bank that isn’t St George.

I only have one minuscule niggle with it, the emblem is more like a 72/73 than a 65. Good enough. .

RedVee - St George Illawarra, DC Slayers, Boston 13s, Southampton FC, Hibernian, Atletico Madrid, Wollongong Hawks, NE Patriots/SF49ers
Ibanez AEB10-BK
4StringsGood

Well done on your signature ...............I'm catching up. :thumbsup:

Born a Siants fan, been a Queens Park Rangers fan for 49 years out of 59 and have an lbanez bass.

upload_2020-4-18_14-3-56.jpeg

Last edited:
St George Illawarra, DC Slayers, Boston 13s, Southampton FC, Hibernian, Atletico Madrid, Wollongong Hawks, NE Patriots/SF49ers
Ibanez AEB10-BK
4StringsGood

Well done on your signature ...............I'm catching up. :thumbsup:

Born a Siants fan, been a Queens Park Rangers fan for 49 years out of 59 and have an lbanez bass.

View attachment 37661

I had a Ibanez once. Great guitars. Lent it to a friend and never got it back lol.

merahputih

Juniors
Slightly off topic, but does anyone remember why Penfolds cut ties with St. George after 1995? I thought I remember it had something to do with some players getting into trouble at a function or something like that?
There was a heap of stuff going on around St George that year. Brian Smith made his notorious statement about "the smell of Newtown" about the club and players were leaving in droves along with a couple of coaches. A few years later......well, the rest is history.