What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jerseys & Sponsors -- 07!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Well, we've had news that the Titans now have a naming rights sponsor... So how are the clubs shaping for next year?

Brisbane
Jersey... new home strip???? Keeping away strip?
Ergon still on board for 07?

Bulldogs
Changed their look this year subtely, but the price the jerseys are at now would suggest there's a complete overhaul on the way. Mitsubishi Electric are around until the end of next yr IIRC.

Canberra
Fone Zone filled the gap for 06, but I don't know if they're continuing. Are the Raiders reverting to their 05 jersey for 07, or keeping the anniversary design into the new year? And the away jersey I hear is going to be overhauled again, no?

Cronulla
Seriously guys, get the f**k rid of that white/grey piece of sh*te. Make the Sky blue 70s-80s jersey your home strip and the darker blue and black one your away kit. LG is on board forever or something arent they?

Gold Coast
Their jerseys are decided on and the giant Jet* logo is across the front :thumb

Manly
I'd imagine they're due to fix up the away kit now, they've had it since 03 or 04 I believe.

Melbourne
Sorry, but your club colours revolve around purple, and I don't see much of that. And that navy gets darker every year. Also, Medibank Private looks cheap and nasty on the front, at least try and incorporate it into the design instead of a 50m wide iron-on white patch :crazy:. White away jersey MUST go.

Newcastle
Both jerseys and C&A are staying on from memory.

North Qld
I like the away jersey, I'm guessing the home one will get a makeover? Toyota still into it?

NZ Warriors
Redid all theirs this year and I'm assuming voda is still on board.

Parramatta
Leave it as is, except make that blue more blue. Almost looks like purple on a sunny day. Pirtek are still on board right?

Penrith
Sanyo still major sponsor? What's happening on the jersey front now 40yrs is over?

Saints
Can't imagine a change by adidas two seasons straight. I'd also imagine that SGB would be a long term sponsor.

Soufs
I'm assuming they've implemented some sort foundation jersey thing. That black away kit is shocking too. Real insurance still on for 07?

Sydney
Samsung never leave that club lol. Again I'm assuming some sort of foundation jersey, I know they have that new logo for just 2007.

Wests Tigers
I get the feeling a new jersey or two is lurking out west as well. Proton I'd imagine would still be around next year.

Any news to help that listing?

scottyeel

Bench
Pirtek are still the sponsor but there will be a new jersey released in December for the Eels.

spider

Coach
LG have not resigned, nor the sleeve sponsor in Straithfield.

LG will be back on board, on their terms of course, but awaiting announcement of 07 coach, which should be made officially tomorrow.

With reference to the away strip - totally agree.

Canberra will have the same jersey as 2006 without the 25 years under the logo and have changed their major sponser to CFMEU. Aristocrat wont be the sleeve sponser and canberra Milk is the shorts sponser.

(correct me if im wrong canberra fans)

Timmah said:
Penrith
Sanyo still major sponsor? What's happening on the jersey front now 40yrs is over?

Apparently the away jersey may be changing but nothing confirmed as yet. There's been suggestions that the '67 replica jersey that was used against the Sharks in round 24 might be the alternative jersey but it's only rumours. The home black jersey remains the same.

Sanyo remains as the major sponsor. Not sure about Parkview as sleeve sponsor.

Charlie124

First Grade
I love the Cowboys Away jersey, still like our home one too but i wouldnt be opposed to a change to look more like the away one (inverted colours maybe). Our old away jersey (white version of the current home one) was cursed, we always played our best in the home one, Ill never understand why we played the Grand Final in the white one

Inferno

Coach
The Sky Blue is our home Jersey for next year, but unfortunately we are stuck with that Gray monstrosity for another 2 years :(

Choppies

Coach
Easts 100 year jersey from what Im told will be like the foudation jersey we have now except thicker stripes or something.

Mighty Panther I agree the brown should be an alternate as I think every club should have a 3rd alternate.
EG Easts home, away, tri colour jersey
Souths can have the Mintie wrapper as their 3rd. Come on boys bring it out again ;)
Broncos should have one like the 2003 Suncorp
Knights their oriinal
Dogs Berries
Parra, early 80's strip
Cowboys, Original
Penrith, Choc soldiers
Raiders, can't think of one right now lol
Tigers, Tigers and Magpies strips
Saints, Steelers or blood and bandages
Manly, white or maroon 80's strip
Warriors, Original

but that's just my opinion :)

innsaneink

Referee
Charlie124 said:
I love the Cowboys Away jersey, still like our home one too but i wouldnt be opposed to a change to look more like the away one (inverted colours maybe). Our old away jersey (white version of the current home one) was cursed, we always played our best in the home one, Ill never understand why we played the Grand Final in the white one

Yeah its a good looking jumper. I didnt like it when I first saw it laid out flat, but when I saw it in action, it looks the goods, back to a more traditional footy style jumper, like theyre sposed to be.
I hear rumours we may be getting a new jumper, hope we go back to a more traditional desing too....ditch the swirls and hexagons, though with X-Blades/Kos sports still doing our jumpers I guess we'll have an even more non footy type jersey next year, liked it originally, gone off it a bit now.

LESStar58

Referee
Melbourne
Sorry, but your club colours revolve around purple, and I don't see much of that. And that navy gets darker every year. Also, Medibank Private looks cheap and nasty on the front, at least try and incorporate it into the design instead of a 50m wide iron-on white patch . White away jersey MUST go.

Yep... thats the one thing that has stood out on the jersey this year. The big red Medibank private badging on the front of the white jersey looks awful as well.

Having said that but..... I don't mind the away jersey now that they decided to get rid of the god awful lightning bolt shorts that werre supposed to go with it....

*shudders*

Aside from that I'm pretty sure our sponsors (Reebok, Medibank, Host Plus and Mortgage House) are staying. We just resigned Jayco as a shorts sponsor but I dunno how long that is for...

Timbo

Staff member
Canberra's sleeve sponsor will be Local Liquor. They will also appear as the back of jersey sponsor underneath the player number, with the CMFEU being the major sponsor, with their signage on the front, and above the player number at the back.

Personally I think having a labour union as the sponsor is a bloody bad idea but we've got the dumbest management on earth anyway so what else is new.

Knightmare

Coach
Wests Tigers have never kept a major sponsor more than a year, so I'm imagining they'll have another name plastered on their jerseys in 2007. Hopefully the Broncos finally make their away jersey a bit more recognisable and St George get rid of that red collar on the red V.

ByRd

First Grade
I think Bulldogs are changing their style for there home jersey next year. Not 100% sure but i think its going to happen.

choc_soldier

Coach
Penrith

Sanyo, Parkview (sleeve) and Flexirent (shorts) are all on board for next year.

The home jersey will stay the same, however, there will be a new away strip. As much as I would like it to be brown and white, it won't be. It appears that teal is now the "secondary colour", so it will probably be the predominant colour again.

As for the brown, there are rumours that it will be worn for one home match per season. What jersey... don't know. Probably the foundation jersey worn in Round 24 against Cronulla. The "mish-mash" one worn against the Sharks and Bulldogs was our 40th anniversary jumper, and will not be worn again.

choc_soldier

Coach
Timmah said:
I hope not. It looked a bit dodgy.

I suppose when you have had two completely different schemes over the 40 years (brown and white; and black, (teal) green, (rust) red and white), the end product was never going to be a piece of art. But they did an OK job with it.

yakstorm

First Grade
Purple isn't the primary colour for the Storm....at least when the club started it was Navy Blue was primary with gold secondary, whilst white and purple where their to 'add' to the jersey's depth.

That said Reebok seems a bit obsessed with the purple, especially in all the Storm gear they have produced for 06. It will be interesting to see what happens in 07 with Reebok able to make a new strip if they want.

Saint Doc

Coach
Saints will be altering their red vee as they were apparently unhappy with the job adidas did this year, but they'd already gone into production. Basically my understanding is the shape of the vee will be changing to make it look bigger / more dominant. Currently it cuts off too high up the chest and the "Shannon Noll" triangle under the sponsors logo is too small.

Raider Azz

Bench
localliquor_426.jpg

Major sponsor - CFMEU
Sleeve and bottom of back - Local Liquor
Shorts - Canberra Milk

No word on the alternate jersey yet but it will probably be different to this year's.

Charlie124

First Grade
wow :shock:
what a difference a major sponsor makes to the look of a jersey, that looks terrible (the CFMEU logo) on the front. reminds me of that shocking technicolour thing the warriors had on their jerseys a couple of seasons ago, really stands out far too much (spose thats a good thing from CFMEU's point of view)