What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jesse Ramien Available for Next Season

The calm one

Juniors
I get that Rava is strong and is learning quickly but centre is a big ask. Nevertheless he tends to run in too much in defence so he does have St George centre written all over him.
Every man and his dog states that they would have Nathan Brown back here to replace Mary. Brown gets rid of him and for some reason unbeknown to me people here want him ????

Wittenberg

Juniors
I would look at him but only if we do plan to let one or both of our present centres go. I find it hard to believe we have a tight cap, although I know Origin players would eat into our money, but it does show that we paid overs for Hunt, Graham and probably Norman. Hopefully the JBD situation will be settled by the beginning of next season. I know we are all frustrated with our recruitment and retention, but the De Belin situation must be impacting on us. In affect we have a decreased salary cap and the ‘compensation’ the NRL allowed us means again in 2020 we will have $500,000 missing from our cap. So unfair. The reality is that we have a number of players under contract for next year who we (the fans at least) would no doubt like to move on, but if we do we will have to pay part of their salary at their new club and this again will come out of our salary cap.

BLM01

First Grade
I would look at him but only if we do plan to let one or both of our present centres go. I find it hard to believe we have a tight cap, although I know Origin players would eat into our money, but it does show that we paid overs for Hunt, Graham and probably Norman. Hopefully the JBD situation will be settled by the beginning of next season. I know we are all frustrated with our recruitment and retention, but the De Belin situation must be impacting on us. In affect we have a decreased salary cap and the ‘compensation’ the NRL allowed us means again in 2020 we will have $500,000 missing from our cap. So unfair. The reality is that we have a number of players under contract for next year who we (the fans at least) would no doubt like to move on, but if we do we will have to pay part of their salary at their new club and this again will come out of our salary cap.
I am pretty sure For JDB, we apply to NRL to get a like v like replacement Nov 1 at his salary 500-600K whatever and it wont be include in our cap....as long as
We stand him down from playing in 2020 with pay until court case is finished...IF.
We just got to be able to come up with the funds ourselves.

Dragsters

First Grade
I get that Rava is strong and is learning quickly but centre is a big ask. Nevertheless he tends to run in too much in defence so he does have St George centre written all over him.

Rava played pretty well at centre for Fiji.

Has shown he can pass and his running style could be better utilised at centre.

Between now and seasons end is the time to test him there...