What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jets 2023

Frenzy.

Immortal
This Newtown team have a lot of bad passers. Tend to notice a lot of end to end rotating passes straight at people instead of direct spiralling passes out in front. Berrell and Atkinson come to mind.

Tsipale has stood up against Topine and Chrichton last 2 weeks and held his own.
Gagan looked good today.
Puru the more he runs better he will be

Berrell & Tracey scare me in first grade brain explosion at any time.
Stonestreet is ready.
Tuku needs to play like 2nd stint
Colquhoun has come back good.
Fearnley he is a goer fights for every metre

R-15-3

Bench
Stonestreets misses weren’t that bad, very wet and had contact in both, still have him as next winger up.

JC nothing on the highlights but first game of the year and got through a fair bit of defence will be pushing for a bench spot by the end of the year.

Iro still doesn’t do it for me.

Big Roosters stayed on longer than I thought he could in his first spell and didn’t look like a slug in his second stint because of it, needs work but if we lose Hunt / Uele at the back end of the year he may get a call up if he keeps munching angry pills.

DJDL

Bench
I only caught the last 25 minutes or so, and had the wife incessantly in my ear so hard to get a good read.
But it seems to me:

Berrell - ordinary
Atkinson - likewise
Tracey - likewise
Puru- barely sighted

Stonestreet some handling issues, but looks a prospect.
Foxy’s man Fearnley looked promising.
Tuku could be just what we need, but is a way off yet.

The rest? As others said it became a mistake-a-thon so hard to tell.

Last edited:

Don Tweddle

Juniors
Berrell is probably the classic ‘good in reserve grade but wouldn’t make it first grade’ player. He’s very effective running from dummy half and making decisions with the ball in hand but what should be his bread and butter - service from dummy half - is the weakest part of his game.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Tsipale has stood up against Topine and Chrichton last 2 weeks and held his own.
Gagan looked good today.
Puru the more he runs better he will be

Berrell & Tracey scare me in first grade brain explosion at any time.
Stonestreet is ready.
Tuku needs to play like 2nd stint
Colquhoun has come back good.
Fearnley he is a goer fights for every metre

Not even close to ready.

shaggs

Coach
Berrell is probably the classic ‘good in reserve grade but wouldn’t make it first grade’ player. He’s very effective running from dummy half and making decisions with the ball in hand but what should be his bread and butter - service from dummy half - is the weakest part of his game.
Like old mate Ben Roberts. Always killed it for Reggie’s then sucked in first grade

DJDL

Bench
Not even close to ready.

I finally watched it all last night.
He might not be ready, but he’s bashing down the door.

Takes the tough carries and is all effort and intensity.
Needs to work on his defence a bit but I don’t think he’s far off.

Weaponhead

Coach
Stonestreet gets the Sharks back 5 mentality. Take the yardage carries and do the tough work. Then be in position to finish the tries.

Has good pace and evasion.

Challenge for him is play at that level consistently.

Defensive reads and high ball catching needs work but that's to be expected at this point.