What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jets A Grade Results

brendothejet

First Grade
Well the A Grade, or 2nd Division are 5 weeks into the comp and we break for the Queens birthday long weekend.

So before i head down to Henson to watch the Jets this afternoon I thought I'd use the time to pause and reflect on the season thus far.

Here are the numbers:

Rnd 1

Newtown W - Win on Forfeit to Redfern All Blacks (even though we only had four players at the game, Redfern offered the forfeit and we took it)

Newtown B Forfeit (dropping from A grade to Second Division)

Rnd 2

Newtown B def Newtown W 58-28

Rnd 3

Matraville def Newtown W 38-10

Newtown B - Bye

Rnd 4

Newtown W forfeit loss to Botany

Matraville def Newtown B - 50 - 22 (souths stop counting when the score gets to 50 so i'd expect a higher score in actuallity.)

Rnd 5

Newtown W forfeit loss to Kensington United

South Eastern 50 Newtown B 18 (again mercy scoring system)

So the White side has now been eliminated from the competition due to forfeiting two games in a row. They had 8 players turn up to their last match, one short of the required run on side. Meanwhile across at the Blue team's match they had 12 players, the 12th man being the coach who ended a 5 year retirement to play.

Now if we had of had one side there would have been 19 players available. Imagine that, reserves!!! What a wonderful concept.

On the injury front we have had broken ribs, torn knee ligaments, broken ankle, a spinal injury and a host of smaller injuries keeping players out for between 1-3 weeks.

So in summary of the 10 possible games in the season, across both teams there has been:

1 Win on Forfeit
3 Forfeit losses
3 Smashings of 20 points or more
1 Win against ourselves
1 Bye

We have lost players due to injury, due to work and family commitments and unfortunately due to the pathetic organisation of this competition.

As it stands we will now have one side with those from the white team still wanting to play available to transfer to the blue side.

Hopefully we haven't scared off the new talent we had found and brought to the club.

Latest posts