What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jets best player since yr 2000

Fans choice, best Jet since yr 2000

• Total voters

2 True Blues

Coach
Let us know how they go but Bluebag 43. Apparently they are very depleted at present with many players stepping up to Prem/League and injuries etc. Hope Alf ( the legend ) DUNCAN gets a run though.....

We are presently fifth, and a win will see us in the top three. Shout the boys on for me mate.....

bluebag43

Juniors
Unfortunately they were beaten 36 to 20. They were are a bit light on, certainly not the side that beat the Entrance at Henson a month ago.

David Vial had a great game up front and scored 2 tries. Sill no Alf Duncan, maybe he went somewhere else for a run!

2 True Blues

Coach
Thats bad news mate. We needed that one. Would have been a step in the right direction for the semi's.

Hey. The guys that voted others in the poll. If you didnt like any of the ones on the list write a short message stating the player you actually liked the most, and why.

2 True Blues

Coach
Ok, I am definately adding David THOMPSON as one of the Jets best players. I really rate this guy. He has guts and experience and always hits the line with everything he's got.

His experience is priceless as well as he leads the boys by example on the field.

Thanks for your efforts this season THOMMO, you are a great player !!!!. Hope you will stick around next season for one more run.

Jeffles

Bench
I wholeheartedly agree. He has been our best player this year, outshining fulltime NRL stars.

2 True Blues

Coach
Am sure that if he hadnt have got injured earlier in the year he would have stepped up to 1st grade. The Sharks management amazes me as to what they do, and who they bring up to 1st grade. Took them until last week to give Beau and Ciraldo a run, and look at the result. Their biggest win of the season. !!!!

2 True Blues

Coach
He has definately been good this season however has been inconsistant as of late, and does have issues in defence. He would be one of our best in attack, however Cliff BEVERLEY , Alf DUNCAN and Craig FIELD were also great in attack. Would love to see these guys in the current team. We would be un stoppable with them, as this seasons team is better in the forwards than we were back then, and these players would go great guns feeding off them. Nathan is still very good though.

2 True Blues

Coach
******BUMP*******

Just thought I would dig up this old thread for one more run. Now that there are plenty of new Jets supporters on the Jets forum.

What are your picks guys, and if you pick the others option, who and why ????

must vote for Alf Duncan, legend of the Marrickville Astrodome.

had the honor of being the fan sponsor of Alf in JBC for a game this year( the only way my name would get announced next to his at Henson !!)

If one of last years sharks caught the newtown spirit, and played like an honorary bluebag, it was Ryan McGoldrick,talented but undisciplined,often silly but never lacking heart, his antics frequently made my day.

2 True Blues

Coach
Alf sure was a crowd pleaser mate. Were you at the game when he scored that length of the field try down the wing nearest the Hill, running over 50 metres and palming off three defenders on his way. Awesome stuff.

He really should have had a run in Premier league last season rather than some of those Jersey Flegg guys, however I guess we had to bow to the wishes of the Cronulla management rather than field our best 17. Alf was awesome ( as usual ) in the JBCup. The game I saw him play at Henson he scored several trys and set several up. He still more than had it, and was an absolute standout in that division.

2 True Blues

Coach
I was not a fan however of Ryan as like you said , He did some silly undisciplined things which cost us on the penalty count. I never doubted his spirit and he certainly could score a try when he wanted to, however he gave a lot of the ball to the opposition and in most games would let trys in more than score them himself.

He often would make bad decisions in kicking the ball at the start of the tackle count only for it to go over the side line or would pass it over the sideline himself to no-one.
He certainly does have talent though and I think he can only get better with a disciplined head on his shoulders. He should go well at the Tigers and I wish him well.

I am wondering how that queensland red player will go next season if he gets a run with the jets, ( which in all likely hood he will ). Whats his name again. Anton or something similar ??!!

2 True Blues

Coach
David THOMPSON. What a great player he was last season. Gonna miss both those guys next season, and not looking forward to playing against them.

The stand out player for me is Billy Najjarin. What a champ. Never gave up, always went forward with the ball - pure guts and determination.