What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jets in S.G Ball for '09

Speaking of Buckets, did anyone see him on the telly during the Tonga/Ireland match the other night? At the start of the second half as the teams run out of the tunnel, there was Buckets in all his glory.......

Jeffles

Bench
Speaking of Buckets, did anyone see him on the telly during the Tonga/Ireland match the other night? At the start of the second half as the teams run out of the tunnel, there was Buckets in all his glory.......

Old habits die hard!

I looked out for him at the stadium but I was on the eastern side.

bluebag43

Juniors
I saw him driving out of NSW Leagues carpark the other day, he certainly gets around!

I hope his driving has improved!

stumped

Juniors
Noel Donohue was appointed to the board at the last AGM. The nominations did not have to be announced as there was no requirement to have an election. The rules under our Constitution are that an election is only held if there are more nominees than board spots. A call for nominations went out and this was not the case last time so anyone who nominates is automatically appointed. The board is not a closed shop. It's a very thankless task with few people raising their hand for it.

I also hear a different story, one that some willing applicants had been blocked! I am unaware of any constitution that would automatically elect someone to the board without some formality, but I do thank you for shedding light on the way the club operates

Members who have been members for three consecutive years and who renewed (or are deemed to have renewed) before July 31 in each of those years are entitled to vote at AGMs.

Deemed to have renewed? what so does the club give away free membership for the sake of keeping the some pose as club directors?

As far as ex-players and other creditors go, I'm not aware of any specific incidents you talk about. The transaction with the vehicle was a commercial arangement where the senior club was able to obtain finance for the vehicle from the junior club at a cheaper rate than they would have been able to obtain finance via financial institutions. I don't know the status of that.

I further understand a gentleman who sits on the board who is a practicing solicitor worded a contractual agreement for the loan, and going by you net name may very well be you sir?

Jeffles

Bench
One nomination was declined because they had not been a member for three consecutive years in accordance with the Constitution.

"Deemed to have joined by July 31" is a provision in our Constitution that has been there since this Constitution's first inception. It exists in situations where July 31 is a weekend and the membership is sent beforehand but received the following week. I cannot think of any situation where it has been invoked because memberships are usually purchased in the early part of the year as many double as season tickets.

stumped

Juniors
One nomination was declined because they had not been a member for three consecutive years in accordance with the Constitution.

"Deemed to have joined by July 31" is a provision in our Constitution that has been there since this Constitution's first inception. It exists in situations where July 31 is a weekend and the membership is sent beforehand but received the following week. I cannot think of any situation where it has been invoked because memberships are usually purchased in the early part of the year as many double as season tickets.

all of the above is duly noted, now could you just clarify the last sentence, are you the person whom penned the financial agreement? if so it seems mis truths run deep within the club as you previously stated you had no idea of the financial agreement!

Jeffles

Bench
are you the person whom penned the financial agreement? if so it seems mis truths run deep within the club as you previously stated you had no idea of the financial agreement!

I am. That doesn't mean I spoke a mistruth. I don't take kindly to the accusation of mistruth. Further, your allegation has no basis. Let's go through it again.

You said "why not pay the players so that the club does not have disgruntled ex-players speaking ill of it in public? why not pay back the Juniors the funds they supplied to purchase the vehicle to transport the senior clubs supplies to games,"

I said, " As far as ex-players and other creditors go, I'm not aware of any specific incidents you talk about." In other words, I don't know what specific bills are outstanding at this minute as far ex players and the vehicle is concerned - the "whispers" you've heard. Like any going concern the club at any minute in time has bills to pay. The club is able to meet those.

I then went on to say, "the transaction with the vehicle was a commercial arangement where the senior club was able to obtain finance for the vehicle from the junior club at a cheaper rate than they would have been able to obtain finance via financial institutions. I don't know the status of that."

Any reasonable reading of the above quotes suggests I did know of the financial arrangement - the very mistruth you are accusing me of.

I don't think I will carry on with the conversation in public now. I don't appreciate my good fait answers being rewarded with accusations of deception. Feel free to send me a PM with your membership number so that I know you are a member and I will carry on with the conversation in private.

Last edited:

stumped

Juniors
I am. That doesn't mean I spoke a mistruth. I don't take kindly to the accusation of mistruth. Further, your allegation has no basis. Let's go through it again.

You said "why not pay the players so that the club does not have disgruntled ex-players speaking ill of it in public? why not pay back the Juniors the funds they supplied to purchase the vehicle to transport the senior clubs supplies to games,"

I said, " As far as ex-players and other creditors go, I'm not aware of any specific incidents you talk about." In other words, I don't know what specific bills are outstanding at this minute as far ex players and the vehicle is concerned - the "whispers" you've heard. Like any going concern the club at any minute in time has bills to pay. The club is able to meet those.

I then went on to say, "the transaction with the vehicle was a commercial arangement where the senior club was able to obtain finance for the vehicle from the junior club at a cheaper rate than they would have been able to obtain finance via financial institutions. I don't know the status of that."

Any reasonable reading of the above quotes suggests I did know of the financial arrangement - the very mistruth you are accusing me of.

I don't think I will carry on with the conversation in public now. I don't appreciate my good fait answers being rewarded with accusations of deception. Feel free to send me a PM with your membership number so that I know you are a member and I will carry on with the conversation in private.

No, i will not give you my personal details through the forum, however I will meet you at the Jets sports club on Wednesday night, I may even shout you some tickets in the raffle!

outsider

Juniors
I have also heard that the seniors owe the juniors money for the van which was meant to have been paid in full last year but is still outstanding. Jeffles are you saying this loan does not exist and the rumours are incorrect.

While the club appoints Diectors to run the day to day organisation of the club no major sale or purchase can be made without the members voting on it which is a general rule for all clubs. Is this also the case with the Jets.

Perhaps the club directors can at the very least update the members with signings, SG Ball coaches and any other information that may keep the members updated or is this all for the Directors to know and the members to just wait.

You are very good for the club Jeffles and doing your best but I am thinking they do not tell you everything.

Jeffles

Bench
I have also heard that the seniors owe the juniors money for the van which was meant to have been paid in full last year but is still outstanding. Jeffles are you saying this loan does not exist and the rumours are incorrect.

While the club appoints Diectors to run the day to day organisation of the club no major sale or purchase can be made without the members voting on it which is a general rule for all clubs. Is this also the case with the Jets.

Perhaps the club directors can at the very least update the members with signings, SG Ball coaches and any other information that may keep the members updated or is this all for the Directors to know and the members to just wait.

You are very good for the club Jeffles and doing your best but I am thinking they do not tell you everything.

Sorry outsider. After the things earlier in the thread I'm not comfortable answering questions of this nature on the forum. Feel free to send a PM with details or you can ask these questions at the AGM.

outsider

Juniors
Are you saig you feel uncomfortable telling members about what is happening at the club such as player signings, etc. The emails I get from the club pertain more to buying merchandise at every opportunity, nothing about sponsor specials just merchandise.

Is it true that the club which i am told is the only club to own its own logo gave up the rights for no financial benefit just a share of profits. If this is true then when did the members vote to outsource its biggest asset and to whom did it go to.

If any of the previous posts about the club borrowing money from the juniors and have not paid it back in full is incorrect then I will apologise but to feel uncomfortable about a financial transaction that should be a matter of record I am sorry.

If members are told the full story then the quicker these type of posts will stop but the club has a record of secrecy from all members.

Last edited:

Jeffles

Bench
After being accused of "mistruths" I decided that I was not going to continue discussions in public. I've done nothing wrong and I don't want my name dragged through mud in front of a range of people, many of whom have not declared their interest. I didn't take kindly to the accusations on the previous page and that's pretty much ruined it for everyone else.

As I've said, I'll gladly answer questions from members privately. That is who I am accountable to. Further, members are free to ask questions at general meetings.

Last edited:

Latest posts