What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

jets n balmain

so whos going to the game at leichhardt ? i am ! :D

here is the team taken from the jets site - looks pretty good to me. hope that soward and lewis can click and take the tiges apart and its always nice to see the players like tonga and mellars in the team to give them some balance.

Shaun Foley
Anthony Watts
Troy Savage
Vince Mellars
Aaron Lai
Josh Lewis
Jamie Soward
Danny Williams
Heath L’Strange
Charlie Tonga
Nigel Plum
Mickey Paea
Grant Millington
George Ndaira
Dale Newtown
Frank-Paul Nuuasala
James Shillington

Jeffles

Bench
I'll be there. Looking forrward to it.

Balmain are a physical side and they will take it to the Jets. I hope we can find something to lift ourselves out of the slump.

Bluebag

Juniors
I willbe there, I will be hoping for a win but I look at our squad and wonder why are we not 4-o rather than 1-1-2. The defence is softer than last year and guys are trying but it is not working at the moment.
I want a Jets victory badly but thid is s tough tigers team. While Watts scored a super try last week off a Soward kick he is a 7/9 playing on the wing and that is tough on him to adjust, last week we had Kostjasyn who is more a 13/9 playing centre.
We need a win to kick start the season badly or it will be tough to make the 8.
On Sunday the 22 April we need Jets fans down at Henson to support the fan day and show all roosters players who come to play for us they are part of the Newtown family and then on the 28 when we play Manly bring your friends, family, work mates down for the day at Henson and get loud.

2 True Blues

Coach
Given the fact that Bears have a better side this season, Balmain lost to the Bears last weekend 13 to 6. So will be hungry as will Jets for this win. Should be a good game to see.

Do we only play Balmain the once this season ?? If so the Pringle Cup will come down to this one game !! ??

I'll be there too, can't wait!

As mentioned it's a great team that the Jets have and something that I can't figure out how they can't seem to get into gear this season. Granted, the Knights have the benefit of their grat Flegg side coming through the ranks this season which would account for last weeks loss.

Went to see the Bears and Balmain game last week, and thought Balmain were just little unlucky to lose, so this weeks game should be a cracker!

Hope all the Jets fans have been practising their chants of "lolly legs"!

2 True Blues

Coach
Do the Bears have a good kicker mate ??. Jets will have to stop the trys if so, and we wont have to worry about that factor. LOL.........

Hey HPH. Did the field goal and low score line suggest two sides with great defence, or were they just both lacking in attack as well ?? That must be the lowest scoreline I can recall since following the results of P/L since year 2000.

2TB, yeah the score was more to do with good defence then any lack of attacking skill. There was only one point scored in the second half, and it was still very enjoyable game to watch.

2 True Blues

Coach
Would have liked to have seen it myself HPH. this should be a contest against balmain as usual. Gonna need some crowd support mate !!

2 True Blues

Coach
Jets get a well needed win. 10/6. 14/6. 20/6. 20/10. 26/10( 18 mins left ). 32/10 final score.

GO THE MIGHTY JETS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The for and against is back in the plus, and add 2 well required points to the talley. We should jump back into the top eight after this weekend. Just need the NSWRL website t actually update the ladder for the first time in about 10 days. Well done Jets !!!\\\\:D/ :sarcasm: :clap: :clap: :thumb

Jeffles

Bench
A very good defensive effort today and to be honest, we could have scored more points in the first half. Watts, Plum, Aubusson, Lewis and Ndaira all had good games as did a few others. What a great way to go into the bye and rest a few niggles.

Most importantly, it was the first time I've seen the Jets jersey live with the new major sponsor logo on it!!!!!! The Bowlers Club, 95 York St Sydney have come on board. Let's get behind these blokes so that this sponsorship follows on into 2008 and beyond!

http://www.bowlersclub.com.au/

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
a great afternoon it was, good vocal support from the many JETS supporters on hand! & well done despite the bum ref!!!!! :lol:

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
P4140054.jpg

:badgrin:

Jeffles

Bench
What a great sight!

A good turnout of Jets fans too. We definitely made more noise and it would be very even in actual numbers - we could have had more than them.

2 True Blues

Coach
Good win at a good time to get one. This should put us safely back into the top eight, and the for and against is heading in the right direction as well.

2 True Blues

Coach
newtownbluebags said:
JETS meet the Tigers again in July 2TB & @ Henson I think

Fair enough. If it is on for and against they will have their work cut out for em then. 22 up already !!! In the bank NBB !!! ;-) :cool:

Latest posts