What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joel Clinton

Suitman

Post Whore
Seriously, does any prop in the NRL run harder than this bloke? He is an agressive bugger - but plays it hard and clean.

It wasn't that many weeks ago that we were all talking about boosting our forward stocks. He for mine was first choice.

Would anyone want him here if he became available, or do most of you feel that we have the prop position well covered now?

Suity

Eelementary

Post Whore
Suitman said:
Seriously, does any prop in the NRL run harder than this bloke? He is an agressive bugger - but plays it hard and clean.

It wasn't that many weeks ago that we were all talking about boosting our forward stocks. He for mine was first choice.

Would anyone want him here if he became available, or do most of you feel that we have the prop position well covered now?

Suity

Yes - a smaller man than he, by the name of Fuifui Moimoi.

He's a good player, but he can be inconsistent. And the way our props are going at the moment, we wouldn't really need him. Although it's always nice to boost your pack, and he definitely wouldn't downgrade our pack.

Suitman

Post Whore
It's all hypothetical I know, but I'd love to see Clinton and Caylo starting, with Fui off the bench.
Geez we could stick it up some teams then!!

Suity

bradeel

Juniors
I was very impressed with Cannings last night and reckon that with his first injury uninterrupted run at the top grade he can really start to make an impression. He's been improving over the past few weeks. I reckon the 4 man prop rotation with fuifui and cordoba coming off the bench and Cayless and Cannigns starting worked a treat last night. For the first time in a while we really muscled up against a seriously decent forward pack. Forget all the cr*p about Manu Vatuvei winning us the game - we bashed the Warriors and that's why we won the game. More of the same against the Tigers please and then we can forget about inconsistent bloked like Joel Clinton etc.

eels_fan_01

Bench
Although on hes day he can be one of the best props in the NRL, i agree with other comments he can be a bit inconsisent. Some games hes chasing down wingers and saving trys and making big runs and all the rest of it but sometimes you wouldnt know if hes on the field.

Hes a good player to have at your club but hes not a great player.

eelz47

Coach
bradeel said:
I was very impressed with Cannings last night and reckon that with his first injury uninterrupted run at the top grade he can really start to make an impression. He's been improving over the past few weeks. I reckon the 4 man prop rotation with fuifui and cordoba coming off the bench and Cayless and Cannigns starting worked a treat last night. For the first time in a while we really muscled up against a seriously decent forward pack. Forget all the cr*p about Manu Vatuvei winning us the game - we bashed the Warriors and that's why we won the game. More of the same against the Tigers please and then we can forget about inconsistent bloked like Joel Clinton etc.

cannings is coming along well now, maybe he has been reading our posts.......

Utey

Coach
eelavation said:
I'd love to have Joel but I don't think he fancies us very much..

Who keeps telling you this? I remember a few years back at my local having a chat and he rated our club as well as the set up.

Suitman

Post Whore
Angry_eel said:
Why not just keep our juniors instead??

I'm just putting it out there because I've been throughly impressed with his form this year and in the past.
I like the fact that he runs twice as hard as some of our forwards, that's all.

Suity

Hurriflatch

Referee
Well we had Joel Clinton playing Flegg for the Eels a few years ago (2001-2002) then he left after Vella and Cayless got their 4 year deals and the next year he was playing 1st grade in a grand final winning Panthers side.

Suitman

Post Whore
Hurriflatch said:
Well we had Joel Clinton playing Flegg for the Eels a few years ago (2001-2002) then he left after Vella and Cayless got their 4 year deals and the next year he was playing 1st grade in a grand final winning Panthers side.

Mate, there is no doubt he is a talented prop.

Suity

eelavation said:
I'd love to have Joel but I don't think he fancies us very much..

Are you kidding? The Eels are his favoured team. When he was playing footy as a young Rivo boy he was all over the Blue and Gold. His entire family are closet eels supporters. I reckon if the money was in it he would switch. but I would have to say his game is very inconsistent and he tends to slack off. He has great spirts of power and energy but he can not continue it enough. If we are behind Eels have the power to fight back after second half, I am not sure Joel could fight back if he played the first half.