What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joel Clinton

Stagger eel

Staff member
Eels4premiership said:
Are you kidding? The Eels are his favoured team. When he was playing footy as a young Rivo boy he was all over the Blue and Gold. His entire family are closet eels supporters. I reckon if the money was in it he would switch. but I would have to say his game is very inconsistent and he tends to slack off. He has great spirts of power and energy but he can not continue it enough. If we are behind Eels have the power to fight back after second half, I am not sure Joel could fight back if he played the first half.

he left our club in bad terms...it may have something to do with an ex coach but I can tell you it wasn't an amicible split, yes i realise his uuncle played for us and he may of been a supporter when he was younger but obviously times have changed.

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
Eels4premiership said:
I would have to say his game is very inconsistent and he tends to slack off. He has great spirts of power and energy but he can not continue it enough. If we are behind Eels have the power to fight back after second half, I am not sure Joel could fight back if he played the first half.

Bingo!!

You see him do one of those charging runs and then don't hear from him again all game sometimes.

No thanks.

Suitman

Post Whore
eelavation said:
yes i realise his uncle played for us and he may of been a supporter when he was younger but obviously times have changed.

Really?
You seem to know a lot about the inside lives of players.
Can you absolutely confirm this comment?

Suity

Stagger eel

Staff member
Suitman said:
Really?
You seem to know a lot about the inside lives of players.
Can you absolutely confirm this comment?

Suity

which comment? the fact that I seem to know a lot about the inside lives of players? in answer to that no more than your average punter who reads up on the game.

btw, have you heard of an ex frontrower of ours named Mark Clinton? ;-)

Suitman

Post Whore
eelavation said:
btw, have you heard of an ex frontrower of ours named Mark Clinton? ;-)

Know him?
I used to play cricket with him. He was a year ahead of me at school.

Suity

Stagger eel

Staff member
Suitman said:
Mark was a real toiler.

Suity

remember the game at Leichhardt in 88 when he got sin binned for fighting Bruce Maguire? he was a toiler with next to no skill to save his life but really had a dig every match.

Suitman

Post Whore
eelavation said:
remember the game at Leichhardt in 88 when he got sin binned for fighting Bruce Maguire? he was a toiler with next to no skill to save his life but really had a dig every match.

Indeed he was. He also played during the early/mid nineties which were our tough times.

I really admired him as a player.

Wasn't a bad cricketer either. ;-)

Suity

Bigfella

Coach
I see him at most home games - gotta say, now you mention it, there is a real resemblance there.

Can't imagine him being a decent cricketer - he had so few skills as a footy player.

Who was the outstanding cricketer who played for us - played many seasons of first with Balmain after retiring from footy.

BTW Suity Mark Clinton looks about 100 years old these day. Either he has aged really badly or you are pretty old yourself...

A little from Column A, and a little from Column B?

Stagger eel

Staff member
Bigfella said:
I see him at most home games - gotta say, now you mention it, there is a real resemblance there.

Can't imagine him being a decent cricketer - he had so few skills as a footy player.

Who was the outstanding cricketer who played for us - played many seasons of first with Balmain after retiring from footy.

BTW Suity Mark Clinton looks about 100 years old these day. Either he has aged really badly or you are pretty old yourself...

he looked 38 in 1988, poor bloke :lol:

Suitman

Post Whore
Bigfella said:

He always looked a bit weathered - even at school!! :lol:

As a cricketer, he was a solid bat and a plodding medium pacer. Held his own though.

BTW, I'm still a youngen. ;-)

Suity

Suitman

Post Whore
Bigfella said:

Andrew Fitzhenry.
The only player in my memory who could kick goals with both feet.
On the left side of the field, he'd kick with his right, and vice-versa.
Amazing really when you think about it.

Suity

TheParraboy

Staff member
Suitman said:
Andrew Fitzhenry.
The only player in my memory who could kick goals with both feet.
On the left side of the field, he'd kick with his right, and vice-versa.
Amazing really when you think about it.

Suity

Both my toes can touch my forehead if I want them too, left or right toe (one at a time)

Comes in handy when I want to kick myself

Suitman

Post Whore
TheParraboy said:
Both my toes can touch my forehead if I want them too, left or right toe (one at a time)

Comes in handy when I want to kick myself

:clap: :clap: :clap:

:lol:

I can stick my finger in my ear and sing ting-a-ling-a-loo.

Suity

Latest posts