What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joel Moon

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Seems like an odd signing. Can't see what the Sharks would see in him.

M2D2

Bench
If he plays like he did for Brisbane, it will be a good signing. If he plays like he did at 5/8th for Warriors, god help us.

WarriorDefence

Juniors
If he plays like he did for Brisbane, it will be a good signing. If he plays like he did at 5/8th for Warriors, god help us.

He didn't get a fair go at the warriors- he actually went well playing 5/8 in the pre season and the first couple of games playing outside fein- then they dumped fein for an over the hill Stacey jones and his form, along with the rest of the team nose dived.
He spent a lot of last year playing reserve grade but once he got a decent run at centre he went well. It was a big mistake releasing him- he would've been our number one centre this year- that's not saying much tho.
I'd have him back.

M2D2

Bench
Not many players get a fair go at the warriors. And Josh Hannay was treated criminally here.

M2D2

Bench
And nothing in those 3 games made me think "oh he needs to play park football" Poor f**king guy.

newman

First Grade
We'll see.
Fafita degwah and Todd were supposed to be rubbish signings too (according to some on here).

He's an outside back. That's something.

Mick Gordon (origin player)
Jonathan Wright (plenty of promise about him and playing in the best team in the comp)
Joel Moon (I know sfa about him)

With Rick coming along nicely and Gardz still to return our backline next year will be an improvement on this years model by some margin I reck.

webShark

what a howler of a signing that is....

Agreed. He is very average. Like a young Berrigan but not as good. No pace to speak of. Ideal recruit for a paceless backline. More like the new Dean Collis.

Why not send someone to the Fiji Schools rep trials and sign all the wingers for a few bucks. At least they look fast. Serious question. Has Matt Wright ever made a line break? Did anyone notice before Bestie scored, we had a break on the right side and our winger was run down in about 10m. You can't tell me that Hotdog or Stapo are good defenders. Hotdog is never going to be or has been a finals standard NRL winger.

Given the cap , you have to be careful who you recruit. But Blind Freddy can see Hotdog,Wright,Stapo etc are slow and therefore we don't need Moon. You can't coach pace but you can coach defence.

Weaponhead

Coach
Moon was identified as a talent coming the Broncos system as a kid. Never really kicked on there as Lockyer was the 5/8. Went to the Warriors and played some 5/8 and left centre. Went OK without being a world beater.

He has good hands and reads the game well. Not particularly quick.

He would be OK as a depth signing if that was what we need. We need a strike centre who can score 15+ tries in a season. We currently have no one in double figures for tries or line breaks. I don't see Moon being able to do this.

We do need a serious injection of pace and evasion to make our side more dangerous. Peachey was the last genuine excitement machine we have had.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Joel Moon is a good player & is a lot quicker than he is getting cred for on here. Couple of bad injuries stalled his progress. Was a Bennet project. Good signing.

wittyfan

Referee
He didn't get a fair go at the warriors- he actually went well playing 5/8 in the pre season and the first couple of games playing outside fein- then they dumped fein for an over the hill Stacey jones and his form, along with the rest of the team nose dived.
He spent a lot of last year playing reserve grade but once he got a decent run at centre he went well. It was a big mistake releasing him- he would've been our number one centre this year- that's not saying much tho.
I'd have him back.

Total rubbish. Witty was shoved aside for this imposter Moon and he was given plenty of chances at 5/8th but was put to centres as the losses were piling up for the Warriors with his lack of ability and talent.

Fein and Witty steered the club to the top 4 the year before and Moon and a clearly past it Stacey Jones turned them into one of the worst teams of 2009.

Special K

Coach
While I would love for us to sign Jennings or another rep quality player I do not mind us picking up Moon. He is only 24 (younger then Jonathan Wright btw) and has his moments. He is a handy player and adds to the depth which we are really lacking in our backs.

Still I'd like us to pick up a winger or something from the 20s.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Was a very, very highly rated junior. Best position was always 5/8 and as daid was stuffed around at the warriors. I think he'd be worth a crack for an nrl club, he would have come dirt cheap so dont think you should complain too much.

Latest posts