What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joel Reddy simply HAS to be picked for next week

Bazal

Post Whore
Reddy's defence is very overrated...I remember Steve fking Michaels giving him a bath. That said, he should be there comfortably. Walker is a hack, Whatuira looks to be one as well sadly. I'd persist with Morgan though, he looks like he has the goods and what do we have to lose? We suck either way.

2-Burt
3-Reddy
4-Hicks
5-Morgan

For me

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Twizzle, you are a merkin on steroids.

Everything he said about Reddy is true. He is terribly under-rated and the only reason he isn't in the team is because he isn't deemed to be match fit yet.

Go choke on a fat one mate.

Reddy is the solid defence that we need on our right hand side that other teams have had a field day on the first three rounds you knob. Do you even watch Rugby League?

I'm sick of all the wanks with high post counts/pseudo-authority who are clueless on these forums. If you spent less time posting inane BS and more time studying the game you'd be much better off.

yeh, he's so good he's playing for Wenty behind some nuffies who really shouldn't be here

Reddy is no world beater, but should definately be in first grade ahead of some of the current mob. He's a very solid defender and a good finisher. As long he's fit he should be in first grade.

this about sums it up for me, he's solid and thats about it

he is the best centre in our club, and has been for 3 years now, if he has 2/3 games for wenty then thats enough for me to declare him fit. straight back in at right centre but i would play morgan outside him to continue his learning of the right side from joel. and hopefully joel wont have to carry him like he has had to do with guru and would have to do with etu who obviosly went to the same school of defence as guru. I presume if he is a centre ( morgan) he can run reasonably fast ?

ParraSteve

Juniors
I read somewhere he only started full contact training 10 days before round 1. Whereas Hicks and Whatirua have had some game time, i think we'll see Reddy in the team on saturday, he's our best option at centre at the moment, though he can be a turnstyle in defence at times.

Hellsy

Immortal
Well if you look at it that way Paul Whatuira hasn't played top grade league in a year... but he was considered good enough... Chris Walker hasn't played a decent game in 3 years yet he was considered good enough to be selected in first grade. And some bloke called Ryan Morgan keeps getting picked in first grade ven though he's nowhere near ready for first grade at this early stage of his career.

Explain to me where I said that PW, CW or RM were better options??

mrpwnd

Bench
I don't want Reddy in first grade until he's 100% fit.
No point rushing him back in only to aggravate that re-occurring injury of his again.

Scorer

Juniors
I'd give Loco a run. Now some may he aint ready to take the riggers of first grade but if he is good enough, he is old enough and this kid can play...... The Storm seem to do well from blooding their NYC players so why can't we take a leaf out of their books.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
reddy back and walker to the wing

Lasolo or Horo to the centers with Reddy, bring Webb on to the bench, move Shack to the 2nd row and start grooming either Filiga or Loko on the wing. We need to start bringing through some of our young boys with size & pace to get them used to NRL for 2012 & if they do better than expected, then lucky us for the rest of 2011. We need enthusiasm and lots of spark out wide. We need another Grothe Junior running the ball back from our corners & do a few settlers here & there to give forwards a breather. Are they fit enough? How is there defence stacking up now?

eels81236

Bench
I can guarantee you that if an old school Kangaroo tour held at the end of 2009 he would have gone. I'm not suggesting he is in the top 7 or 8 Australian centres in the game but I can promise you that Sheens would have taken him.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Reddy's defence is very overrated...I remember Steve fking Michaels giving him a bath. That said, he should be there comfortably. Walker is a hack, Whatuira looks to be one as well sadly. I'd persist with Morgan though, he looks like he has the goods and what do we have to lose? We suck either way.

2-Burt
3-Reddy
4-Hicks
5-Morgan

For me

I rate Michaels tbh.

Latest posts