What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joel Reddy

chuckaneppy

Juniors
Hi,

A few weeks ago one of the national newspapers in the UK carried a report that my club, Castleford Tigers, were likely to sign Joel Reddy for the 2006 season.

Since then we have been linked with various players in Oz but there has been no further mention of Reddy. It seems like it may have been a rumour without any substance that the papers are prone to from time to time.

Any of you guys heard anything over there? Also what do you think of him as a player.

Eelementary

Post Whore
As a player, Joel Reddy is tall, athletic and has the unusual ability of being able to kcik the ball effectively with either foot.

He has great positional awareness in defence and has plenty of pace. Some believe his attack is not as strong as other fullbacks - it may be true, but he is not half bad. A very talented young fullback.

On the issue at hand, I haven't heard anything about that - but was under the impression that we extended his deal by a year or two...

Hurriflatch

Referee
Yeah, I'm sure that he had either signed or was close to re-signing for another couple of years but that was before Smith was told he won't be coach in 2007 so unless that has something to do with it I doubt Reddy will be going anywhere especially not in 2006.

bartman

Immortal
Cas need every player they can get to stay up in next year's Superleague - as the promoted club they get the added bonus of getting to start their off-season recruitment a month later than their opposing clubs.

Good luck with it Chuck, but hands off Joel!

Hellsy

Immortal
Gee I really hope that isn't true.. for any upcoming season!
Joel is going to be a big part of this club, he is still young but was an awesome understudy for Wade this year! Proved he could play with the big boys and come out on top.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Joel signed a 4 year contract with the club last year and with Wado's contract up at the end of 06, I can't see us releasing Joel at this stage.

it won't happen.

chuckaneppy

Juniors
Cheers lads.

As I said it was reported in one of the nationals here a few weeks ago but nothing has been said officially and it has all gone quiet since. Given this and the info you have posted it does seem that this is pretty unlikely to happen. Seems a shame from our point of view!

Thanks again for the info.

Eelementary

Post Whore
chuckaneppy said:
Cheers lads.

As I said it was reported in one of the nationals here a few weeks ago but nothing has been said officially and it has all gone quiet since. Given this and the info you have posted it does seem that this is pretty unlikely to happen. Seems a shame from our point of view!

Thanks again for the info.

No problems, mate. Any time.

I don't watch much Super League, much Reddy would have been a very handy acquisition for you guys - that much is for sure.

Shame for you, but good for us lol.

Hellsy

Immortal
I don't know where it was but it was against Adelaide and it was not at Parra