What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joey considering Origin come back

Jono078

Referee
Great thing for NSW if he does come back and he is in form.

Only thing for the Knights is he will miss 3 games, but maybe just like 2005 after origin we can go on and win 8 of our last 11 because of an in form Johns :D

keeney

First Grade
I wonder if the club is gonna stay strong on the whole no rep footy thing, I hope to god they do. As much as I love the guy as a player, I'm sick of the urgency with which everyone bows to the motherf**ker.

_Johnsy

Referee
An un-named qld "source" probably rang ST just to see how mleage they could get out of it.

Frederick

Staff member
Seriously, Joey, come to your f**king senses. You've retired from rep footy. You had your fairytale farewell at rep level - focus on getting it at club level now. Who gives a sh*t if NSW have sh*t halves - they don't pay your bills. The Knights do, and it's time to show some f**king gratitude and loyalty to the club in what could be your very last year :fist:

Charlie124

First Grade
could he possibly cheapen his "retirement" any more?

go for it joey, will be a pleasure to send you out a loser this time round.

Shorty

Staff member
This must be really annoying to both NSW supporters and NSW Reps because as great as the guy was I think it's time to try and let the rest of the players have a go at shining.
It really makes out like the rest of NSW are crap.

Knightmare

Coach
Right, but it was alright for Allan Langer to come back for Qld? Let joey make a comeback if he wants, he's that good he could still do the trick. And the Knights have Mullen to fill in for him while he's gone. :D

_Johnsy

Referee
Charlie124 said:
could he possibly cheapen his "retirement" any more?

go for it joey, will be a pleasure to send you out a loser this time round.

It must really annoy the sh*t out QLD'ers that the greatest modern day footballer "may" decide to go around in SOO one more time.

However I am still yet to see a quote from joey that has anything to do with origin.

bazza

Immortal
Knightmare said:
Right, but it was alright for Allan Langer to come back for Qld? Let joey make a comeback if he wants, he's that good he could still do the trick. And the Knights have Mullen to fill in for him while he's gone. :D

And Brad Fittler

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
Lets not get carried away. It is probably just a beat up. The news reader just stated at the end of the program that in 'breaking news' Joey was considering a come back. No source, no quote from Joey, nothing at all really.

Shorty

Staff member
Knightmare said:
Highlight to me where I said that? I didn't like the fact that Langer came back,because as I stated above if you can read,I would rather up and coming players or players that work for their place shine..

Charlie124

First Grade
_Johnsy said:
It must really annoy the sh*t out QLD'ers that the greatest modern day footballer "may" decide to go around in SOO one more time.

However I am still yet to see a quote from joey that has anything to do with origin.

Why would it annoy us? he isnt holding back tallented QLD players from Origin footy. He can have as many "retirements" as he likes for all we care. It just turns into a kind of "boy who cried wolf" story after a while which will only result in his FINAL retirement not being as special for him because everyone will be expecting him to return again.

_Johnsy

Referee
Yet qld can name nsw'elshmen (based on soo rules) kiwi's, TBA and PNG players, love the qld mentality when it comes to soo.

Captain_Fred said:
Seriously, Joey, come to your f**king senses. You've retired from rep footy. You had your fairytale farewell at rep level - focus on getting it at club level now. Who gives a sh*t if NSW have sh*t halves - they don't pay your bills. The Knights do, and it's time to show some f**king gratitude and loyalty to the club in what could be your very last year :fist:

i reckon the club owes him more than he owes them. He could have walked on a number of occassions for much more money, but he has stayed a loyal one club man. thats pretty rare these days.

Alex28

Coach
LOL...the Knights are paying a guy well past his best the wage of the best player in the game on the basis that he would not play rep football any more...

He owes us. We have given him PLENTY.

Latest posts