What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joey Johns named 8th immortal

Breathingfire

Juniors
Would have been nice to see Norm Provan named (never saw him play but he was a DRAGON!) but I do think Joey deserved to be named. What a fantastic player and arguably the greatest of all time!

I do not feel that Mal Meninga should ever be named an immortal so I am happy he was snubbed.

Stagger Lee

Bench
My fave player of all time that I actually got to see a lot of was actually Mel Meninga and when you add his SOO coaching wins then he would have been my choice - Being an immagrant I never saw Norm Provan play for the saints but so many people that I respect sung his praises, including my father.

Having said that I also admire Johns but imo it is still to soon after his retirement. But well done Andrew Johns

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Great player but what a lying merkin!!! Takes drugs then claims someone put them in his pocket. And they make HIM an immortal?

64 Dragon

Coach
Well, Meninga is quoted as saying Rugby League has never done anything for him. What a hypocrite.

jenninga

First Grade
Would have been nice to see Norm Provan named (never saw him play but he was a DRAGON!) but I do think Joey deserved to be named. What a fantastic player and arguably the greatest of all time!

I do not feel that Mal Meninga should ever be named an immortal so I am happy he was snubbed.
For John Raper to say Joey shouldn't be considered because of his off field dramas is very hypocritical,wasn't it Raper who was arrested back in the 70's for possession of stolen goods.
Happy for Joey ,best halfback i ever saw in a history of greats in the 7 jumper.

Mr Red

First Grade
they should have named both Provan and Johns.
they have named dual immortals previously so the same should have applied..
both are worthy of the title.

Unlike other players that served suspensions, received fines etc. Andrew Johns got off Scott free for bringing the game into disrepute. The bloke is a grub and the 'status' of being an immortal has just lost its shine! (IMO)

TheRev

First Grade
geez a couple of moments off the field and ppl want to burn Johns for being the best halfback of our generation.. good one!

Breathingfire

Juniors
Unlike other players that served suspensions, received fines etc. Andrew Johns got off Scott free for bringing the game into disrepute. The bloke is a grub and the 'status' of being an immortal has just lost its shine! (IMO)

So he popped a few party pills? Big f**king deal. I couldn't care less if he was heroin dealer, it makes no difference to the way he played the game...

As for bringing the game into disrepute? Well it takes f**king straight edge, politically correct f**kwit such as yourself to get on your f**king high horse, for it to have any impact in the first place. Who cares if he took drugs, I don't.

So he popped a few party pills? Big f**king deal. I couldn't care less if he was heroin dealer, it makes no difference to the way he played the game...

As for bringing the game into disrepute? Well it takes f**king straight edge, politically correct f**kwit such as yourself to get on your f**king high horse, for it to have any impact in the first place. Who cares if he took drugs, I don't.

Mate your welcome to your opinion, as am I. You will notice I finished with IMO. Thats the thing about a forum, there are differing opinions. I am sure some on here will agree with you, some will agree with me and some might have a different opinion to both of us. At the end of the day, I think he's a grub and you don't. There's probably no need to become abusive just because someone has a different opinion to you.
Mate I could call you a f**kwit to but I won't, even though with your comments I think you are! ;-)

Fire

First Grade
Wish I was at the dinner last night. Would've loved to have partied with Joey after...

woodley_11

Juniors
The awards are given out for what a player achieved on the field. He is the greatest player I've ever seen and I think he deserved Immortal status.

Jubileeboy

First Grade

Take your blinkers off son... It's not about his on field performances but what it says about him granted that status.....no wonder junior league numbers suffer all around the country

IMO....

jenninga

First Grade
And the message it sends to kids....?

:sarcasm:
That is where parents come into it.Just blame footy players for todays society because they aren't good role models,what crap. Parents are the role models and if a kids favourite player has a flaw then it is up to mum and dad to educate.

_Johnsy

Referee
Joey is the best player I have seen play the game (by some margin) & I have been watching league since 1976. he redefined not only 1/2 role, but the game itself.

very well deserved IMO.

_Johnsy

Referee
Take your blinkers off son... It's not about his on field performances but what it says about him granted that status.....no wonder junior league numbers suffer all around the country

IMO....

FMD so the league numbers have suffered since he was awarded immortal status. I have heard it all now, at least we can disregard whatever tripe you trot out in this thread from here on (based on your above comment) Moronic at best, what a ridiculous statement.

Latest posts