What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joey Johns????

Coaster

Bench
The Preacher said:
Origin is picked by state selectors, not national selectors. It isn't a trial game, it's the best against the best, you pick whoever you think is going to do the job.

To play Origin you must be eligable to play for Australia.

Thats why SBW, and others cant be picked.

I remeber Brett Kenney years ago tried to just play SOO and not tests, and was refused.

Its the same reason half the Broncos were not allowed to play SOO in 97 in the SL war.

But FFS lets just change the whole 25 years to accomadate Johns, lets face it, NSW dont have that many players to choose from:roll:

innsaneink

Referee
Oh no, thats right....it was all dependant on how Warrington went, if they made it thru to the SL GF he wasnt going to play Tri Nations or something, and if they did no good as they did he'd play for Aus??
It was all dependant on what happened to him.

innsaneink

Referee
Why shouldnt he keep the ARL waiting to see what happens with his overseas exercise?
Of course...everyone does it.

When you get selected for Australia you say "Thank you, its an honour."

You dont say...."I'll see what I'm doing, I'll get back to ya."

innsaneink

Referee
I wonder if any player before in history has placed conditions on his wearing of the Kangaroo jersey?

innsaneink

Referee
Stranger said:
Good to see Benji playin for NZ in the tri-nations last year ink.

Youre a f**kin idiot.

Marshall needed a shoulder recon...

Johns needed to feed his ego & play in England?

No point debating with kids.

innsaneink

Referee
Stranger said:
:lol: , Benji put his tigers playing days infront of the NZ games...

Big difference between necessary surgery and ego driven selfish desire.

I know you're geein up, but if you really believe what you're posting you have massive problems.

bluesbreaker

Bench
You're (both of you) arguing foolishly. The person who should be blamed for the whole mess was the idiot who decided that a tri-nations game between Aus and NZ should be on the same day as the SL grand final... Think about how many Kiwis would be lost due to the whole Kolpac (sp? It's saint Patricks' day, i'm drunk) agreement.

Anyway, it didn't happen, not really worth arguing about at all i'd say?

Go Knights,
Go Tigtogs.

Iafeta

Referee
RE: Johns/Warrington/Last years tri nations.

Sione Faumuina made himself unavailable for the Kiwis, but appeared for Hull? in the ESL semis instead. Then said he needed a break to learn how to play five eighth when there was probably an opportunity to give it a go in a test jersey.

End result, Sione should never be considered for the Kiwis again.