What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joey LIVE again - Hull vs Warrington

aussies1st

Staff member
Johns can have a quiet game as his influence is enough to lift the rest of the Warrington team.

aussies1st

Staff member
Probably cause Hull had too much respect for the Great man. It happens to a lot of NRL sides.

ESL - Wire

Juniors
aussies1st said:
Probably cause Hull had too much respect for the Great man. It happens to a lot of NRL sides.

It was probably because two of their half backs are out injured and another one was injured during the match.

aussies1st

Staff member
ESL - Wire said:
It was probably because two of their half backs are out injured and another one was injured during the match.

That is bad luck for them. Good effort by them to get so close to winning.

coldhardbitch

Juniors
Hull were unlucky as I believe they dominated for more than half the match. But they couldn't convert their opportunities into points and turned over too much ball.

Joey wasnt at his best, and I felt Lee Briers controlled the attack. But the game was won through their gallant goalline defence, and I figured that Grose would win MOM.

In other news, it was dissapointing to see Leigh go down in their last match in the Super League before being relegated. They pushed the Reds all the way at the Collaseum and just woulda been nice to se them finnish with a bit of a high.

Also, the Rhinos fought of a persistent Wakefield outfit to take the spoils at headingley.

Tommorows match between Saints and Bradford is a mouthwatering clash between the 2 favourites for the SL crown. My tip is the Bulls, because of saints injury to Long.

Rexxy

Coach
Someone put spoiler in the header for is thread, for us sad folk who cant see the sense in getting up at 430 am to watch it live, and prefer to see the replay?

coldhardbitch said:
Hull were unlucky as I believe they dominated for more than half the match. But they couldn't convert their opportunities into points and turned over too much ball.

Joey wasnt at his best, and I felt Lee Briers controlled the attack. But the game was won through their gallant goalline defence, and I figured that Grose would win MOM.

In other news, it was dissapointing to see Leigh go down in their last match in the Super League before being relegated. They pushed the Reds all the way at the Collaseum and just woulda been nice to se them finnish with a bit of a high.

Also, the Rhinos fought of a persistent Wakefield outfit to take the spoils at headingley.

Tommorows match between Saints and Bradford is a mouthwatering clash between the 2 favourites for the SL crown. My tip is the Bulls, because of saints injury to Long.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Good team performance from Warrington, Joey was quiet by his usual standards, but as is the case with the Knights, the fact that he is just there, he manages to drag out an extra 10-15% out of the players around him. Grose had a sensational game, he's a good player for an ex-Rabbitoh ;-) May not be playing next week though. But when Joey really had to put in good kicks he managed to do it. The last kick was sensational, he kicked 5 goals and was pretty solid. I think everyone was expecting too much of him after his performance last week. Hull were gallant, just lacked the killer instinct. Looks like I'll be up early again next week :p

iggy plop said:
I can't believe Fox didn't show special live Owen Craigie matches when the great man was over there getting fatter each game for Widnes.

I am waiting for the Owen Craigie best of DVD to come out...should be about the time he does an add with Kirstie Alley for Jenny Craig

bartman

Immortal
Rexxy said:
Someone put spoiler in the header for is thread, for us sad folk who cant see the sense in getting up at 430 am to watch it live, and prefer to see the replay?
Understand your situation Rexxy. We need an NRL forum moderator to do it though.

The original thread was made days before the match, so I'd say the origianl poster would never predicted this thread would end up talking about results etc virtually live.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
I thought it was a damn entertaining game, as much of the English competition provides.