What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joey risks his future

Mr Saab

Referee
patriotsim? this coming for you after you ridiculed Hewitt for his Davis Cup effort?
Hypocrite.
Look it up in the dictionary....under the letter "H"

Misty Bee

First Grade
H, ay?

Yep, got it.

Hip...

Hip

Hippo

Hippopotamus

Hippy

*dang - too far!*

umm...here it is!

"Hypocrite - n hip-oh-crit

12795642.jpg
http://images.newsphotos.com.au/images/Thumb/12795642.jpg

Razor

Coach
Green Machine said:
The last official Test between Australia and PNG was 2001:

What is your point?

Players who played in the 2001 Grand Final skipped the test. Are you saying they should be banned from the 2001 tour?

If it was a childhood dream, then why only do it for 6 games? If it was a childhood dream then why cheapen it by going over for 6 games to win an underserved ESL title?

He's answered that. He said because of his son and that he didn't want to leave him for 12 months.

One thing is certain, Misty Bee and the Johns brigade in here would do an about face and call for Lockyer's head.

Actually no I won't. I said that you would say Lockyer can play if he wanted to play in the GF.

In fact as I said late 2001 when Johns, Fittler, Webcke, Lockyer and Kearns, forced the tour to be cancelled I said all 5 should be banned for life (Yes Johns is amongst them). Then when the tour was re-instated I retracted that because they didn't cause it to cancelled. So don't say I'm biased.

Green Machine

First Grade
Razor said:
Players who played in the 2001 Grand Final skipped the test. Are you saying they should be banned from the 2001 tour?.
Without a doubt you have proved yourself to be an absolute goose. What has a Test against PNG four years ago got to do with selection for this year’s Tri Series? What is the relevance of a team of non grand final players for the selected Kangaroo squad being sent to Port Moresby that won 54-12, got to do with this debate? Also, considering of late, games between Australia and PNG are now Invitational games?

Razor

Coach
Green Machine said:
Without a doubt you have proved yourself to be an absolute goose. What has a Test against PNG four years ago got to do with selection for this year’s Tri Series?

You said if players don't play in the first match of a tour they shouldn't play on the tour at all. The match against PNG 4 years ago was the first match of a tour.

Green Machine

First Grade
Razor said:
You said if players don't play in the first match of a tour they shouldn't play on the tour at all. The match against PNG 4 years ago was the first match of a tour.
I see what you are up to. To cover up all your outrageous comments, you are making a “play on words” of my postings
“If Johns makes the Super League Grand Final and who ever plays halfback for Australia in the first game plays well, should be retained as they do usually do, if the player goes OK. If Johns doesn’t make the Super League Grand final and he is fit, he should be first one picked for Australia. I think all players who are picked in the first game who play well should be rewarded with selection in the second game. If the halfback who is selected in the first game has a shocker I see no problem with Johns replacing him. “

To set the record straight bonehead, I was only referring to the only Tri Series games, unless PNG have been added to the Tri Series. By the way, are PNG playing an Invitational Australian side this season?

Misty Bee

First Grade
OK Green Machine - it's OK to miss an international to play in the NRL GF, but not the ESL GF. :roll:

The mantra you Johns haters use is 'He's cheapening the Australian Jersey" Well, when the GF players missed the PNG games, did they cheapen the Australian jersey?

No?

WELL WHAT'S THE FRIGGIN DIFFERENCE???????

Green Machine

First Grade
Misty Bee said:
OK Green Machine - it's OK to miss an international to play in the NRL GF, but not the ESL GF. :roll:

The mantra you Johns haters use is 'He's cheapening the Australian Jersey" Well, when the GF players missed the PNG games, did they cheapen the Australian jersey?

No?

WELL WHAT'S THE FRIGGIN DIFFERENCE???????

OK Misty, I'll play your silly game.
The 2001 game in PNG was after the Grand Final. How many selected players from the NRL Grand Final pulled out of the game in PNG? How many players selected, cheapened the Australian by not playing in PNG?
By the way, why are you calling me a Johns hater?

Razor

Coach
Green Machine said:
OK Misty, I'll play your silly game.
The 2001 game in PNG was after the Grand Final. How many selected players from the NRL Grand Final pulled out of the game in PNG? How many players selected, cheapened the Australian by not playing in PNG?
By the way, why are you calling me a Johns hater?

All of them except 1

And you're a Johns hater because you don't have a problem with the many other cases.

Kiwi

First Grade
There is no point in debating with Razor and Misty Bee, for 30 pages they have been given very valid reasons why Johns should miss the tri nations. The only thing Misty seems to take notice of is a little jibe here and there, ignoring all the points being made, has a little whinge saying the jibes mean I have nothing. Then Misty goes on to attack another poster in his next post, after all his talk about calling people hypocrites on a regular basis. So under Misty's own logic, Misty's "only counter is to attack the cred of posters with opposing views"

This is just going around and around in cirles, 30 pages of it, a merry go round would be green with envy.

This is just gonna be one of those agree to disagree things. The selectors will decide, not who is right or wrong, but if Joey gets special treatment.

Mr Saab

Referee
Kiwi said:
This is just going around and around in cirles, 30 pages of it, a merry go round would be green with envy.

This is just gonna be one of those agree to disagree things. The selectors will decide, not who is right or wrong, but if Joey gets special treatment.

change your setup so its 30 posts per page ;-)

This issue will come back in september should warrington make the GF and johns chooses Warrington over a test match.
Until then, this debate has been done to death.

Misty Bee

First Grade
Very valid reasons? LOL - I'm yet to see one.

I see plenty of anti Johns bitterness. The argument of cheapening the test jumper is irellevent, because it's been done so many times before, as I and others have pointed out.

And if you don't like posts getting personal, don't post personal stuff in the first place!

And Joey is not after special treatment. No one has ever withdrawn from a test to play a ESL GF before. Others have had weaker arguments, eg Tallis and Webcke, and got away with it. Joey should therefore get the exemption as well.

Razor

Coach
Where are the valid reasons?

Why were these reasons not valid for the SL players? Or for Webcke?

Kiwi said:
If it was a childhood dream, then why only do it for 6 games? If it was a childhood dream then why cheapen it by going over for 6 games to win an underserved ESL title?

I would much rather see Johns in an australian jersey over an ESL one. But Johns has made his choice and could miss the tri nations, he knew that when he signed with warrington.

As for Lockyer, if he did the same thing as Johns, then as far as i'm concerned he should miss the series as well, and be stripped of the captaincy. One thing is certain, Misty Bee and the Johns brigade in here would do an about face and call for Lockyer's head.

His childhood dream was to play in a final. Now he didn't go begging to them to let him play he was asked and he obliged, when you have a team come to you asking you to play for them to help them get to the grand final because they believe that you are the person who can do it, that is really something. He's not cheapening it.Joey has said that he wouldnt want to go for a whole season, if 6 games works for him and them and the ARL board, then why the hell should anyone else have a problem. Noone else has a problem so get over it!

Latest posts