What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joey - 'UP FOR GRABS'

misty

Juniors
I don't think he would play for another club against the Knights, I would say England would be interested in him.

les norton

First Grade
I dont get why everyone keeps chucking the union thing around...surely the biggest draw card would of been the world cup...been and gone. If he wasnt going to leave for that, he is not going now.

northey

First Grade
i am telling you from what he has said and what the media say are two different things!!!!

Terminator

First Grade
Johns is seriously considering Union after 2004, and it would be a wise move for him financially and for his health, the week in week out warfare of league would put him out of the game in a year or two, Union although a hard game to play is a little less painfull overall on the body, and I for one would be happy to see Johns help us win the world cup in Paris in 07.
After this season, Kurt Gidley should be pretty confident to take the reigns from Joey, and good luck to both of them.

Dragon Fanatic

Juniors
He will walk into the Wallabies and kick arse, he is the best footballer in the world and would even dominate Socccer. He is a deadset freak.

Terminator

First Grade
Nice to hear another fan praising the greatest player ever instead of childishly rubbishing him.

Alex28

Coach
Today's papers suggest that Joey and his Management will ommence discussions in Sydney during the World Seven's...

knightsno1fan

Juniors
Well the rumours are getting much stronger. Just heard on Nova that Johns is seriously considering making the change, one of the reasons being he wants to take on Johnny Wilkinson.

Jimboy

Juniors
No matter what the future brings,let us just rejoice that we got to see so many times the greatest footy player ever.If next season is his last with us,let's make sure that we send him off knowing how much we have appreciated his genius,not bitching 'cos he may move on to other challenges. :D

northey

First Grade
geee i have aready said this in one post in this topic i think about do not believe what you read..........and some other stuff

Matt23

Staff member
Whats the bet, this is what John Fordham has said & not what Andrew Johns has said :?

northey

First Grade
Whats the bet, this is what John Fordham has said & not what Andrew Johns has said

big feeling you are very right...

i know what andrew has said and it sounds very different to what is being said in the paper

The Godfather

Juniors
Interesting to see that the stories of Joey "switching" is coming from the Johns camp and the ARU have said nothing about it.

Smells like Johns wants to set himself up with a decent contract and all the best to him.

With the $$$$ that he could demand, very unlikely that another NRL club could take him legally. So threaten to go to Union, in order to force the Knights to come up with what he wants.

Look forward to reading the stories of Joey re-signing with the Kinghts, and all the drivel about how he loves the town, team and the loyalty that he is showing.

Godfather-DRIVEL!!!
Everyone who plays in the Knights jersey never wants to leave the place
If he stays -EXCELLENT!!!!
If he goes -Weve had the best part of 10/11 years in seeing a player go from 15s to the best the game has seen.Good on him for looking for challenges and not sitting back to collect the money
personally-Keep him on the same money as now-We can afford that-Tahu has said to give him a contract and hell sign it And maybe downgrade Kennedy who is always a bit of a injury worry

break on thru to 59 days to go!

kingkerry

Juniors
I love league played it for years when i was younger :clap: but union that does not have salary cap restraints and truely far more international and improving is ten times better prospect then league even if joey did not make the wallabys side witch would be unlikelly and never made the next world cup it would be great just seeing him playing weekly for the waratahs 8)

Alex28

Coach
Sports Tonight - Michael Hagan discusses Andrew John's alleged "career change".

My 2 cents - if Johns gives us another 2 years of poor value like he has in 2002 and 2003 for our $570K, then we dont need him. The money would go better towards...say...Matt Orford when he comes off contract with the Storm a the end of the year and another decent player. Brett Finch would be a good option as well...

Joey's been in good form over the last few years, but lets face it - he isn't at the club during the middle of the year and is usually injured at the end of the season, where if he isn't out of the game totally, he's playing at well below full fitness.

Ben Kennedy should be a much higher priority for mine.