What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joey??

roostergirl

Juniors
Joey seems to be lacking form lately...does anyone know why?? Is he carrying an injury or has he lost some of the magic that lifts Newcastle when he is playing???

Without an in-form Joey.....Newcastle are not a scary prospect. I guess we will see houw they go against the Sharks...the games which are very unpredictable.

roopy

Referee
Joey played pretty well against the Sharks, in fact, he has played pretty well all season.
The Knights have not had the best of seasons with our forward pack. Especially the big guys. Perry is having a good season, but Parsons has struggled after a great start to the year and Woolnough has been out for weeks, as has Simpson and Kennedy.
We started the season well, and Joey looked very good to be easily leading the Dally Ms, but as the frontline forwards have been dropping off, so has the form. Joey is now forced to do far more defensive work and even hit-ups, which are all things the forwards should be doing.

We have a great crop of young forwards, but they are not yet ready to dominate on the field, or even compete with really good sides.

In the game against the Roosters Adrian Morley gave us a real going over. If we had our frontline forwards on the field he would have been too busy looking after his own arse to be giving our wingers a pasting.

There is a problem at the Knights at the moment, but it isn't Johns. He isn't a superman and needs a decent forward pack in front of him like any other good halfback. The problem is that many good forwards are either out or playing injured.

salivor

First Grade
Personally I though Joey looked a tad disinterested at times on the weekend. Its not a great season by his standards but hes certainly not having a terrible season. As long as he doesn't get any fire in the belly for origin I'll be happy 8) .

kaon

Juniors
As Roopy said, for a halfback to look good, he needs his forwards doing the job. Johns doesn't rely on this anywhere as much as Kimmorley though.

bucko

Juniors
Kimmorley definatley plays much better with a strong pack of forwards behind him. We saw that at the storm, and the opposite with that year at the manly. I think he's been playing pretty well over the last couple of years for the sharks.

~bedsy~

First Grade
Joey isn't really playing badley... he is getting a bit frustrated as the workload is more on him at the moment as said before, because of the fowards not at their best... but with BK and Simmo back it will help lift them and take a bit of load of Perry's shoulders.

bucko

Juniors
Well that performance against Brisbane shows that Joey's still one fo the world's best.

northey

First Grade
i thought i had missed something that joey was playing.. :?

then after getting worried i read the date on the post...... may 24 2003

princessjen

Juniors
its so confusing when people bring back old threads, i always think "what the?" then i finally realise what happening

General Knight

Juniors
If i was given the role of Knights recruitment i would have let go of Johns and gone after Brett Firman. And used the rest of the money to buy a top Prop, maybe someone like Carl Webb, and another back.