What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joey's A Smoker

Andy

First Grade
I just came across this photo of Andrew Johns on the cricinfo website.

It was taken yesterday or today I think becasue they were interviewing him at NSW's net training session.

You can see the brown/yellow discolouration of his front teeth - synonamous with smoking because, for those that don't know, the nicotine stains your teeth.

Looks like Joey's been doing some prety serious partying in the off season.

Not a good sign for his fitness in '07 is it??

aaandrewjohns.jpg

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Coke does much much much worse for your teeth, perhaps he has been drinking a lot.

Razor

Coach
You can see the brown/yellow discolouration of his front teeth - synonamous with smoking because, for those that don't know, the nicotine stains your teeth.

So does soft drink, chocolate and candy.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I do not thnk fitness will be a problem, you'll have more issues with an injury.

lucky7

Juniors
If smoking is the worst thing joey does then i think we can all be thankful.............................

Spitty

Juniors
Then only other open smoker I know of is Jason Smith. Jesus if smoking results in playing like Joey and Jason Smith, then I'm on way out to buy a pack of Winne reds.

RABK

Referee
There's alot of smokers in our team and throughout the NRL. Milton and Woolnough are two of the top of my head, there is a few others i've seen smoke.

roopy

Referee
they reckon legendary french fullback puig aubert used to go out with a smoke and match in his sock and he would light up when things got quiet down the back - but he also refused to tackle - saying it wasn't his job to clean up if the forwards weren't doing their job.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Wally Lewis smoke most of his career.

I hated wally, but fugg he could play.

Music fans are wankers.

Big Tim

First Grade
Who really cares if a player smokes????

As long as it doesnt affect their performance it isnt an issue.

Stranger

Coach
Big Tim said:
Who really cares if a player smokes????

As long as it doesnt affect their performance it isnt an issue.

No matter what happens a player that smokes will affect his preformance.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
As long as he does not smoke cones or have a line of coke.

Could come out and be MoM in SoO and they would still give him two years.

Drink and Drive and kill someone, no problem, he play the next day.

stuke

Bench
Mr Angry said:
As long as he does not smoke cones or have a line of coke.

Could come out and be MoM in SoO and they would still give him two years.

Drink and Drive and kill someone, no problem, he play the next day.

don't know about that one....:?

Hallatia

Referee
Stranger said:
No matter what happens a player that smokes will affect his preformance.
it will and not just because it would affect his breathing and walking and brain and the length of his life and other players if he does it near them... now I forget where I was going with this (and am very dissatisfied with my poor gramma), but you get the basic picture

Nuke

Staff member
Joey doesn't smoke.

The colouring of his front teeth was something he has grown up with. Matty has always given it to him about it too!

My sister had the same thing when she was younger, but got her teeth bleached when she was 12 or 13 I think. I believe it has something to do with a particular drug that some women have injected into them while they're having the baby, or something like that. Some people get that reaction, others don't. A mate of mine had the same thing growing up. I haven't seen him since we graduated high-school 8 years ago, but he still had the discolourment then.

PS: Wow, this is my 1,000th post. Hooray for me!

Latest posts