What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

John Morris joins Wests Tigers for 3yrs

super_coach

First Grade
Excellent buy for the tigers.He is Sheens style of footballer,good trainer,good football brain,mistake free and solid without being brillant.

With all the young razzle dazzle men,it will be good to have a guy who can settle things down.Also what a bonus to have a 1/2 who can defend in the middle of the field.

Now a quality forward and not a john west reject from some sides reggies and things should be done for the silly season

Balmain_Boy

Estoboy said:
This almost beats our last halves signing from parra, the great Mick Beuttner

Nonesense.

Whilst Beuttner was a good footballer in his day - particularly whilst at Norths - he was passed it and injury prone by the time we signed him.

Morris is 25 and has a lot of time ahead of him. A solid without being spectacular halve VS a bloke who barely made it on the field for us.

It's a no brainer.

Raider_69

Post Whore
poor signing imo
john morris is no more a half back then lincoln withers is/was

certainly not able to partner benji with the class and style prince has... tigers are gonna struggle in a big big way if benji misses ANY footy next year

Raider_69

Post Whore
brooksy19 said:
Pass the ball to Benji, Tackle and kick. Simple.

he cant kick that well and he is hardly a defencive superstar
f**k. For your sake i hope he can pass to benji well!! :p

Raider_69

Post Whore
innsaneink said:
squid or prawns?

haha im actually fair dinkum this time ink
i dont think morris is halfback, he cant direct a team around the paddock like Prince, and that means Benji will have to do that, meaning he wont be able to focus on his own game, this is a bad move imo

Morris isnt a halfback or not a good one anyways, hopefully for your sake a full off season in the gym will get benji back on track and injury free, because his job just go awhole lot harder and they (tigers) could get to a simular postion as johns-newcastle

Good move for Morris.....he would of been dying to get out of Parra.

...too bad for the Tigers though. They got themselves a dud. Couldn't they promote a young half from the jr ranks though? I mean they got 2 clubs to pick from ffs.

Angry_eel

First Grade
Bobby DIGital said:
He wanted to stay it was even in the papers that he wanted to stay but the club told him to negotiate with other clubs.

Callan Pk

Juniors
Morris has played a lot of halfback as a junior and filled in capably while at Necastle when Johns was out

simon says

First Grade
Of course we want to keep Prince,but he has gooorne.

I rate Morris,I think he will fit in very nicely.

gallagher

Juniors
Best option left with who's on the market. Farah and Marshall will have to play a more dominant role though.

The word 'cleanout' keeps popping up in regards to Parra. Doesnt that allude to the club getting rid of deadwood? I wouldnt put the one's theyve lost in that category.

Daneel

Bench
Bobby DIGital said:

...too bad for the Tigers though. They got themselves a dud. Couldn't they promote a young half from the jr ranks though? I mean they got 2 clubs to pick from ffs.

Actually, he wanted to stay at parra, but they wouldn't give him what he wanted FFS.

Latest posts