What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

John Morris

Jimmy O

Juniors
We are going to be intercoursed if we persist with 4 big blockheads on the bench and have a game where we have a few go down injured.
True, bench will most likely change given the opposition and their pack. Can’t see feefs doing many minutes anymore, he has put on a bunch of weight hey?

We are going to be intercoursed if we persist with 4 big blockheads on the bench and have a game where we have a few go down injured.

That’s definitely a risk.

But I think we’re going to be way more effective as a team with the 4 block heads on the bench.

That game when one or two backs go down during a match we’ll just have to cop it sweet.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Blayke goes down.

Chad to 9 , Shaun 7, Moylan 6, Dugan 1. One of the back rowers to centre.

Any mix of that.

Lose two, we have issues.

Tiger Shark

Bench
Blayke goes down.

Chad to 9 , Shaun 7, Moylan 6, Dugan 1. One of the back rowers to centre.

Any mix of that.

Lose two, we have issues.

Exactly. We have coverage in our starting 13 to move around if we lose a player.

Much rather someone we use productively off the bench than using that spot in case of injury and giving him some token minutes at hooker.

Important to add our Hooker does not need a rest. Taking him off is actually negatively impacting our team.

Talakai was a centre in his junior days and where he played when he debuted for first grade. He's adequate cover if we lose a centre. If we lose a FB then Duges go to FB, if we lose a half the Moylan goes in and Duges to FB yada yada yada

ragzouken

Juniors
I think something the club has got right recently is depth, while skinny in certain positions we are generally better off then the rest of the competition

Exactly. We have coverage in our starting 13 to move around if we lose a player.

Much rather someone we use productively off the bench than using that spot in case of injury and giving him some token minutes at hooker.

Important to add our Hooker does not need a rest. Taking him off is actually negatively impacting our team.

Talakai was a centre in his junior days and where he played when he debuted for first grade. He's adequate cover if we lose a centre. If we lose a FB then Duges go to FB, if we lose a half the Moylan goes in and Duges to FB yada yada yada

Yes your right Talakai went to centre when Dugan went off last week.

So it looks like that’s the way Bomber will play it if we lose a centre in future games.

coolumsharkie

Referee
If the last two team selections are anything to go by it looks like Morris is going with a big bench and a more regular rotation of props.

The way the team has played the last two weeks seems so much better than previous so who’s to argue.

Bomber may have found the answer to how we adapt to the tackle reset rule. If we have the momentum we have fresh big guys ploughing up the middle relentlessly. If we have a run of tackle resets against us we have the option of rotating our props more regularly so they don’t burn out.

Out went Tracey & Sorensen and in came 6 foot 4 prop Royce Hunt and that tough second rower in Siosifa Talakai.

When we need a breather Johnson is finding the touch line. If we are on top we are kicking it into the corners on the 4th or 5th tackle and backing it up with a strong kick chase.

With that strength up the middle and tired back peddling opposition forwards is it no wonder that Brailey has had some of his best footy in recent weeks. This has also helped Johnson’s game with more room and space to move and plenty of time to make the best choice in attack.

Just my observation.

In the Dogs game, the commentators were carrying on about "not the right time" for SJ kicking for touch after the return of half-time. Having a player in the sin bin might have something to do with it? Good to see SJ playing to his capabilities.

Weaponhead

Coach

Special K

Coach
I think Bomber needs to employ some from this forum to deliver the half time "spray"
He swears a lot before they go onto the field
It was the nicest spray I have ever heard. But the boys seemed to respect him by making jokes at the end of the game about him finally smiling. You don't make a joke like that if you think your "boss" is a dickhead.

Weaponhead

Coach
It was the nicest spray I have ever heard. But the boys seemed to respect him by making jokes at the end of the game about him finally smiling. You don't make a joke like that if you think your "boss" is a dickhead.
Agree. The spray needs to be used judiciously. Overuse it and it loses impact. Be too nice and they'll walk all over you.

Card Shark

Immortal
Morris has his own style & to get that response after his halftime “spray” says a lot about his standing & respect within this team.

Who was it in here that said halftime pep talks don’t work?

bluefox68

Staff member
RE: John Morris tactics.

I have to admit - going with a bench of 4 big boppers - on top of the 3 already in the run-on side - seems to be working.

Pretty innovative - I would’ve expected the small guys to dominate - but that hasn’t really happened...

I still like the idea of Wilton left edge and Wade in the middle... But that will take some time to come to fruition, I guess..

Latest posts