What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

John Raper today

TeamSatan

Juniors
Saw Johnny Raper today.....although i never saw him play, everyone that did thought that he was a fantastic player.

I saw him play touch footy in the early 80s against other first graders ..he had great hands and that ability to place a teamate into a gap.

He looks fit for 70 and may he continue in good health for many years to come.

He had an appreciation day at Henson park today.

If you want to use the pics, feel free.

DSC06640psLarge.jpg

DSC06656psLarge.jpg

stg666

Juniors
he's not an immortal for nothing. frank hyde saw them all and i have a sneaky suspicion he had johnny raper as number 1.

leswins

Juniors
He's no Paul Gallen, but he was alright. *hides*

no offence mate but raper would rip gallens head off and then ask whats 4 dessert????????? it was a different game then but class is class!!!!!! even gallen would tell you raper is and will always be a legend of not just saints but the game. PS yes i do know john and like any man he has had his faults but what he has put back into the game and saints should make EVERY dragons supporter thank their god that he is part of OUR legend!!! I hope every player that runs out in those WORLD famous red and white colours remembers who wore THAT number before them and will wear it after them and TRIES to show it the reverence it deserves!!!!! Your brother in the march of the saints go marching in.

gregstar

Referee
i remember as a schoolboy playing against paul mclean when he was well into his 40's.

classy players only ever lose pace. the guy single-handedly gave us a bath. it was truly magic to behold. between the ears the guy was 10 beats faster than anyone else on the field. the way the guy was able to time passes to perfection to put team mates into gaps had to be seen to be believed. furthermore, everything he did seemed in slow motion. he had so much time up his sleeve, it was embarrassing.

top class players are top class for life.

Red Bear

Referee
i remember as a schoolboy playing against paul mclean when he was well into his 40's.

classy players only ever lose pace. the guy single-handedly gave us a bath. it was truly magic to behold. between the ears the guy was 10 beats faster than anyone else on the field. the way the guy was able to time passes to perfection to put team mates into gaps had to be seen to be believed. furthermore, everything he did seemed in slow motion. he had so much time up his sleeve, it was embarrassing.

top class players are top class for life.
Saw Paul Mcgregor playing touch footy a few years back, you wouldnt notice him at all and then he'd pop up and put someone striaght through a gap with ease.

SIR LANCELOT

Juniors
I saw Johnny Raper play most of his premiership football with the Dragons and I regard him as the greatest footballer I have seen. Reg Gasnier was a freak and a brilliant runner with the ball.
Most of the members on this forum will one day look back and say so and so was the greatest they have seen.
However the great Chook Raper is a legend and will always.have the respect of all who were fortunate enough to watch him play.

Cheers LANCELOT:D

gregstar

Referee
my old man rates raper as the best player he had seen - until wally lewis.

i rate wally lewis as the best i've seen but i'm f*cking filthy i never saw raper, gasnier, langlands & co.

the games of changa's that i saw don't count. 1 was with funny coloured boots. the other was shortly before he pulled the pin.