What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

John Williams

Stagger eel

Staff member
He played in the later part of the year and looked sharp.

I believe his signed for next year.

Utey

Coach
Iam not sure, he was in contention last year Iam sure but his neck is still not up to scratch. But the offseason could work wonders for him. I reckon his a better player than Burt would ever be.

The Colonel

Immortal
He played a few games towards the end of the season. As to where he fits in plans I am unsure though I would think given the amount of time they persisted with his neck injury he will stay. Talented kid, exceptional goalkicker - could be a surprise choice somewhere next year...

True EEL

Bench
well Colonel,

if he is an exceptional goalkicker......maybe he will be given a chance on the wing, as Burt is good, but erratic and the same could be said about Riddell??

the best goalkicker we had has now left the club, so maybe Williams could gte a shot because of that and the ability everyone says he has???

i mean i can see Peterson and Burt being given first shot at the remaining spots in the 3-quarters, because they probably deserve it (especially sideshow), but in my head i know we need some new blood there too????

Utey

Coach
I Have never seen Williams kick. Every time I watched Prems Smith kicked goals. I think Riddell will be our 1st choice kicker. He has told the media that he is working hard on that aspect of his game. I might be dreaming but imagine if Riddell became an 80 min player. He would be awesome.

Utey

Coach
He sure is big and was close to cracking first grade in 04 but injured barred that. Once he gets his fitness back he will be back in the hunt.

Bugger....the official site doesn't have the boys photos up anymore, particularly under the Injured Eels section. Anyone know where I can get one of John?

I remember last year in 1st div watching him play he was very good ripped oppisition sides apart. He is a very solid winger with no real flaws unlike Burtpoo.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Belly in Brisvegas said:
Bugger....the official site doesn't have the boys photos up anymore, particularly under the Injured Eels section. Anyone know where I can get one of John?

Mate!

I think you'll have to hang out until the new website is up and running! I would think they would have to re-vamp it because of the 05 sqaud and the new sponsers.

I think this off season we should just relax and take it as it comes and not have too many expectations unlike last year where we were getting excited for no reason. This off season we will have a youngside so we take each game as it comes.

Jake the snake said:
I think this off season we should just relax and take it as it comes and not have too many expectations unlike last year where we were getting excited for no reason. This off season we will have a youngside so we take each game as it comes.

Easy for you to say Jake....it's only 2 weeks in and I'm climbing the walls!!!

Latest posts