What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Johns and Kimmorley renew rivalry

Kilkenny

Coach
Only the most one eyed Sharks supporters would compare Kimmorely to Johns.

I rate Kimmorely. I think he is a great half back in his own right.

Kimmorely however doesn't have the impact on his own side the Johns does. Not many players do!

The difference tonight was Johns. Johns was the difference. The Sharks had enough quality field position and enough ball to win the game. Kimmorely couldn't deliver. That's not the say he isn't a fine halfback. He just isn't the equal of Andrew Johns.

Guppy

Juniors
Kimmorely is not even worthy enough to clean Andrew Johns boots.

There is more than daylight between them. :cool:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The over-love of Johns in some corners is ridiculous. I love Sonny Bill as a player, he's a gun, but I'm not blind enough to think he's the greatest ever. Johns isn't the greatest ever, there have been better. Brilliant players enable teams to dominate seasons and I honestly can't remember a year Newcastle last dominated start to finish.

DeeGan

Bench
A very good performance from Johns last night, his best in some time. His kicking game was pin point and the match winning try was always on the cards. The Newcastle Knights if they make the eight are not going to threaten the top four contenders though. As great as Johns is, I can't see him pulling off any mini miracles with this lot.

Rod

Bench
Timmah said:
The over-love of Johns in some corners is ridiculous. I love Sonny Bill as a player, he's a gun, but I'm not blind enough to think he's the greatest ever. Johns isn't the greatest ever, there have been better. Brilliant players enable teams to dominate seasons and I honestly can't remember a year Newcastle last dominated start to finish.

I don't think you can compare SBW to Johns, SBW is obviously not the greatest ever, but Joey is at least in the running.

reptar

Juniors
It was only my grip on reality (or lack of drugs) that stopped me from throwing things at Matthew Johns last night. He should never be allowed near a microphone when Joey is playing.

Timmah

Staff member
The only players of worth around him are Simmo, Buderus, and on his day Thaiday. Apart from that Newcastle struggle greatly, and Johns has had a decent season, outstanding for the first couple of months but seems to have struggled til now since.

Timmah

Staff member
Rod said:
I don't think you can compare SBW to Johns, SBW is obviously not the greatest ever, but Joey is at least in the running.

That's exactly what I was talking about. I don't think you can compare, no-one measures up in the current game - I'm sorry, he isn't THAT good. Brilliant player, great football mind, but he's just as easily beaten by anyone on their day. SBW does match up to him, albeit on a different level. When he doesn't overdo it he's a freakishly good prospect.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Kilkenny said:
The difference tonight was Johns. Johns was the difference. The Sharks had enough quality field position and enough ball to win the game. Kimmorely couldn't deliver. That's not the say he isn't a fine halfback. He just isn't the equal of Andrew Johns.

Read the thread mate
no one in their right minds has suggested that Kimmorley is any where near johns as a player. Simply that even though johns is infinitely better, Kimmorley generally steps it up and plays his best footy against johns, last night he didnt, thats the way the cookie crumbles

Latest posts