What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Johns tips Inglis to become the best EVER!

Rod

Bench
Balmain_Boy said:
To be honest I think the plaudits being directed Inglis' way are a little over the top. There's no doubt he's a phenomenal and precocious talent, but I don't think he's acheived anything more than SBW and Benji did in their breakout years. I suppose he has done it a little younger than those two.

As for being in the top 2 or 3 players already, that's laughable. He's capable of doing things noone else in the game can, but to suggest he has as much impact on a game as the top 3 going around is farcical.

TehRenegade said:
Agreed, these sort of comments are laughable at best. The kid is 19, he's played one full season. To call him in the top 3 players already is disrespectful to players like Lockyer, Buderus, etc, who've done it for years and years and years to earn their rightful spot at the top. If Inglis is still playing the same scintillating style of football in 5 years, perhaps he's more worthy of the title then.

Don't get me wrong, who wouldn't want Inglis in their team, but as for now, that's all he is, a gun youngster. Don't burden the young lad with all these un-necessary comparisons, they will do more harm than good.

Totally agree with these two comments. Yes he has had an impressive first full season, but as already said, not really any different to Benji or SBW at this stage. Remember when Tim Smith was supposed to be the next Peter Sterling, and god forbid, when early last year they were saying that Joey Williams would be as good as Andrew Johns. Give him some time and he might prove to be as good as people say he is, but at the moment.....

Simo

First Grade
Balmain_Boy said:
To be honest I think the plaudits being directed Inglis' way are a little over the top. There's no doubt he's a phenomenal and precocious talent, but I don't think he's acheived anything more than SBW and Benji did in their breakout years. I suppose he has done it a little younger than those two.

As for being in the top 2 or 3 players already, that's laughable. He's capable of doing things noone else in the game can, but to suggest he has as much impact on a game as the top 3 going around is farcical.

My thoughts exactly

SOULS 04

Juniors
its kinda like brett mullins... if had stayed injury free his whole career i reckon he'd be right up there with the best of all time.

inglis has already had some injury problems and i really hope they don't dog his career like mullo's did.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Noa Nandruku said:
In defence of Karmichael once he's moved to his rightful position at 5/8 or lock (the quicker the better) I have no doubt he'll be a top 3 player in the league.

Hunt at lock :lol: And what would he offer to that position? He can't defend and I don't see him as much of an offloader either. In fact apart from continuing those overused second man plays that Lockyer does, he really does nothing special.

Most overrated player in the game IMO, if he played for the Raiders nobody would have heard of him and he would never have come close to a test jersey.

mxlegend99

Referee
Hunt is so great that he can't even keep the fullback jersey to a bloody centre. He hasn't been moved because he is better then their winger or whatever. He has been moved because Hodges is a better fullback then Hunt.

Inglis on the other hand, is so great that he can play in any jersey and carve up. We all know he is a better fullback then Slater... but unfortunately Slater is not versatile and since Inglis is... the team is better off with Slater at fullback and Inglis in the centres.

Best ever? It's a little early to call given he has been injured a few times in his short career. Barring injury however... SBW and Hunt are nowhere near the player Inglis is.

miccle

Bench
Hunt is so crap that Brisbane lost games in a row while he was injured, before winning as soon as he returned.

Oh, and losing against the Dragons when he was a late ommission but then smashing the Knights when he was back the next week.

I dunno if he does it all by himself, but I want him out there.

mxlegend99

Referee
Raoul Duke said:
Why the f**k would you listen to Johnsy anyway? That f**ktard got no idea what he is talking about.
Atleast he has a valid opinion unlike yourself. Don't see anyone caring for your opinion.

JJ

Immortal
ParraDude_Jay said:
Most overrated player in the game IMO, if he played for the Raiders nobody would have heard of him and he would never have come close to a test jersey.

what's that Tongue fella got to do with this?

caylo

Bench
well i rate hunt highly, the way he runs the ball back... he uses his size and speed not just fancy footwork. Inglus is not as good as gasnier.. and i dont see him as a ball player. Anyone with speed and a step can look good when given room like gasnier. Do rate gasnier, well no not realy, not as the best centre anyway. I think the best player ever has to a 5-8 or halfback or hooker. they run the team, they have the brains, they have the skill... everyone else in the team is like a tool. Inlgus is good, best ever... well its definatly to premature now, and i dont think he will ever get it. the ebst outside back in the comp in hodges... he destorys teams, trowing defenders off, and his not that quick... then i have players like Tahu, Gasnier, Lyon, Tate who are better than Inglus. Id even have hunt ahead of Inglus for the australian test fullback job... he is good, no1 will argue, but God he isnt that good.

Raoul Duke

Juniors
mxlegend99 said:
Atleast he has a valid opinion unlike yourself. Don't see anyone caring for your opinion.

Mate, his opinion is about as valid as the biggest falacy your filthmouth has produced.

mxlegend99

Referee
Hunt can't play against New Zealand. He is targetted too much. Look at his last game. He got knocked out. Although on the bright side, we got to see Lockyer shift to fullback....

Raoul Duke

Juniors
mxlegend99 said:
Hunt can't play against New Zealand. He is targetted too much. Look at his last game. He got knocked out. Although on the bright side, we got to see Lockyer shift to fullback....

yeh mate, yer for sure yeh mate your 100% correct, absolutley right. :roll:

mxlegend99

Referee
Raoul Duke said:
yeh mate, yer for sure yeh mate your 100% correct, absolutley right. :roll:
I'm also correct that no one cares for your opinion. Feel free to share it, and we feel free to ignore it.

Karmichael Hunt got dropped hard in his last Australia match. He isn't even first choice for the Broncos anymore. Inglis would be first choice for Storm if Slater weren't absolutely useless elsewhere on the field.

Raoul Duke

Juniors
mxlegend99 said:
I'm also correct that no one cares for your opinion. Feel free to share it, and we feel free to ignore it.

Karmichael Hunt got dropped hard in his last Australia match. He isn't even first choice for the Broncos anymore. Inglis would be first choice for Storm if Slater weren't absolutely useless elsewhere on the field.

If doing a cheapshot where a shoulder purpousley connects a skull is what you call a fair tackle then good luck to you. f**king waster

mxlegend99

Referee
Raoul Duke said:
If doing a cheapshot where a shoulder purpousley connects a skull is what you call a fair tackle then good luck to you. f**king waster
Learn to read. Or would that require too much brain power?

I never said it was a fair tackle. I said he got knocked out. Both parties where at fault. Hunt dropped into the tackle and Pritchard was going for a big hit with the shoulder.

Gee. I gave you too much credit. I thought you were just trolling as a moron. Apparently you're legit.

Raoul Duke

Juniors
mxlegend99 said:
Learn to read. Or would that require too much brain power?

I never said it was a fair tackle. I said he got knocked out. Both parties where at fault. Hunt dropped into the tackle and Pritchard was going for a big hit with the shoulder.

Gee. I gave you too much credit. I thought you were just trolling as a moron. Apparently you're legit.

Get f**ked you f**king c*ntface bitch. Let me put my shoulder to your merkinfeatured skull and see what happens.

Latest posts