What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Johns to help out Eels coaching

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Johns set to slip into role with Eels
Danny "The Scoop" Weidler
28 October 2007

Andrew Johns is poised to reunite with his old coach Michael Hagan at the Eels. My understanding is that Johns could be brought into Parramatta to assist halves Tim Smith and Brett Finch. Johns has the desire to be a freelance coach, and, after being rejected by the Wallabies, this could be the first step in his new career. It would be a great boost for Johns, who tied the knot with Catherine Mahoney yesterday. Finch & Smith combined well at times last year but were still heavily criticised despite each player having a highly consistent season. Smith in particular will benefit from Johns' coaching, as his raw talent is there for all to see. While the Johns wedding hogged most of the attention yesterday, it's worth noting Darren Lockyer also got hitched.

Source: P95 - Danny Weidler column
Sun Herald newspaper, Sunday 28 October 2007

:crazy:

Bicey_18

Bench
Timmah said:
Johns set to slip into role with Eels
Danny "The Scoop" Weidler
28 October 2007

Andrew Johns is poised to reunite with his old coach Michael Hagan at the Eels. My understanding is that Johns could be brought into Parramatta to assist halves Tim Smith and Brett Finch. Johns has the desire to be a freelance coach, and, after being rejected by the Wallabies, this could be the first step in his new career. It would be a great boost for Johns, who tied the knot with Catherine Mahoney yesterday. Finch & Smith combined well at times last year but were still heavily criticised despite each player having a highly consistent season. Smith in particular will benefit from Johns' coaching, as his raw talent is there for all to see. While the Johns wedding hogged most of the attention yesterday, it's worth noting Darren Lockyer also got hitched.

Source: P95 - Danny Weidler column
Sun Herald newspaper, Sunday 28 October 2007

:crazy:

Could be? The guy has no clue...

Johns wouldnt help out another NRL club, just another useless article from Weedler

Apey

Staff member
Meh, doubt it. I wouldn't like to see him coaching against Newcastle, and I don't think he'd like to be coaching against Newcastle either.

Jono078

Referee
It's not so much him coaching against Newcastle, he's stated he would like to help out any halves he can hasnt he?

Seems likely to me, not for a whole season though, and since he will be living in Sydney? Helping Parra would be best for him since he'd be comfortable with the coaching staff.

Big Tim

First Grade
Good call Stranger.

Why wouldnt Johns help the Eels.

He has asaid he would like to be a halves coach, he knows Hagan well, Finch is a former Knights junior, he lives in Sydney now and lets not forget his Brother is a consultant at Melbourne.....

I think Weidler is right for once.

AdamT

Juniors
CobyDelaney said:
I thought it was funny. :lol:[/quote

At least its good to see they ALSO have JOBS OR THE BOYS at Parramatta

I started a thread (but looks like some self righteous administrator removed it)

It was about our new CEO who just appointed Robbie (yes Steriods) O Davis as our new Premier Legue Trainer.. Well done Burraston at the same time you expect credibiility for your no drugs stance.. or illicit drugs affirmative action.

Looks like the new CEO is no better than the goose Conway that he replaced.

pfffffttt to you Burraston

Stranger

Coach
Whats his choice to coach parra got to do with the Knights?

He doesn't owe the club anything.

Agreed,

And where does it say in the article that he is coaching at Parramatta exclusively?

IMO a lot if Knights fans were under the impression that he would be a free-lance coach, hence his role with the Wallabies.
And can you blame him? he saw first hand how much Daryl Halligan was making just as a conversion coach.

Hanscholo

Bench
My understanding is that its a specific role working with Smith and Finch, and in particular working on their kicking game. I dont think this procludes Johns from working with the Newcastle halves at all, and i assume he will continue to do so out of his own personal interest in their development and that of the club from time to time.

If this deal does effect his coaching of the Knights halves then we can only blame the Knights for that because they have had ample oportunity to secure his services in an official capacity and have failed to do so.

Big Tim

First Grade
I dont think you will see Johns tied down to one club....

I think he will pop up in Melbourne with Cronk, the Panthers could use his expertise as could every other club.

I dont see a problem with what he is doing. I just hope the Knights get him to work with Walsh, Mullo, Scottie and Marvin during the offseason.

sneaky_is_here

Juniors
someone may remember but wasnt there a colum where joey agreed to help us in some role next year? Or was that this year?

orochimaru

Juniors
Stranger said:
:lol: :lol:

Ohhh no, whatever will i do now:(

:lol:

Lighten up princess

well you could come up with another one of your cliche calls, I sense an IQ that matches up with your age.

haw haw haw