What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Johns vs Lockyer

Who Is a better Player?

• Darren Lockyer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

miccle

Bench
Gooba said:
salivor your a D*ckhead. why dont u go watch some of joeys highlights and compare it to lockyers. What has lockyer done that is so good... im still going through the archives to find a memorable moment.

:lol:

Ok Locky can't "banana kick" as well as joey. He may not have as many "moments" which win the game for the team as joey as had with the knights. That doesn't mean ****.

Want memorable moments? Watch the entire 2003 ashes tour of GB. Without locky we probably wouldn't have won any of those games. He gets himself involved in nearly every play and is one of the most gifted players in RL's history.

And btw, I'm not saying he's better than Joey or saying that joey isn't a phenomenal player. He is.

BUT i have to seriously wonder about how many (if any?) RL games you have watched involving darren lockyer.

salivor

First Grade
Gooba said:
salivor your a D*ckhead. why dont u go watch some of joeys highlights and compare it to lockyers. What has lockyer done that is so good... im still going through the archives to find a memorable moment.

I'm the dickhead? Your the one who has sat here saying that Lockyer has nothing when just about anyone who knows anything about the game will rate him as either the best player in the game or the second best player in the game. I don't need to say a thing to make you look stupid, your doing it all for me everytime you dribble on your keyboard and press submit.

Gooba

Juniors
look at origin games buddy.. some game where theres an acctual decent opposition. whats lockyer going to be remembered for?? passing the footy WOW!

miccle

Bench
Gooba said:
look at origin games buddy.. some game where theres an acctual decent opposition. whats lockyer going to be remembered for?? passing the footy WOW!

:roll: Reckon this clown has ever watched locky aside from in the origin series this year? Nup i didn't think so...

salivor

First Grade
Gooba said:
well i think u will come to realise that hes just minding joeys spot

Keep backtracking you fool. Lockyer has now held it for last years test against New Zealand, the entire Kangaroo tour of Great Britain and France and for this years Anzac Test. But hey in all your wisdom, I guess he has no claim to the spot :lol: .

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Lockyer will be remembered for being a better athlete, Johns only claim to fame was the Banana kick, even though Neil Baker invented it & it has been been done for 100 years in other sports.

Johns would kill for Lockyers running game & evasivness, Lockyer would kill for johns goal kicking skills.

The players voted for Lockyer, they would know who's the better player, not touch judges :lol:

Gooba

Juniors
ok darren lockyer is a better athlete... but joeys johns will be remembered as a better footballer

miccle

Bench
Played at a consistently high level for the past 5 years? Made the switch from the worlds best fullback to an untested position at 5/8, where he is now ranked by his peers as the best 5/8 in the NRL? Almost single handedly guided Australia to victory in the Ashes last year when your precious Johns was out? Had a hand in most likely around 75% of the Broncos tries over the past 3 seasons? Never even worried by any competition when it comes to rep selection?

salivor

First Grade
miccle said:
Gooba said:

:roll: Reckon this clown has ever watched locky aside from in the origin series this year? Nup i didn't think so...

I doubt he's even watched Lockyer at all.
But hey guys, even though RLW's players and fan polls both rate Lockyer as the best player in the game above Johns and now this poll which 50 people have voted in still rates Lockyer as better than Johns, those opinions mean nothing compared to the great Gooba. What he says is gospel, Lockyer has nothing, he should be running around for the Clydesdales and even then he'd be lucky to have that spot.

miccle

Bench
Gooba - i would deadset respect anyone's opinion about Joey being a better player. I personally can't choose between them because it's so damn close, but if others can then it doesn't bother me if they favour joey or locky. But saying locky has done nothing is just ill-informed tripe.

Gooba

Juniors
hahahhaha geeees thats nearly a recount of joey... but hes played more years... hasnt had to switch (darren did because of hunt) ... joey has won many popularity contests with the media players and fans... and he has a hand in a hell of alot of trys for the knights... and no one would come close to him in his prime at rep selection

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I agree miccle, in all respect Johns is a great player, but Lockyer gets my vote, as i said earlier he's in poetry in motion!!

les norton

First Grade
Did you guys even read that poll? You talk about the players knowing well locky said that the spot would be johns if he played this season. And thats coming from him...

Also the ashes tour...single handedly guided to victory, what a load of crap. I honestly thought Kimmorley was the captain. And as much as it pains me to say this was by far the stand out of that tour.

Gooba

Juniors
lockyer is a first grader... and a good player probabaly in the top 10 players.. but joey has so much more skill thats it

miccle

Bench
Gooba said:
hahahhaha geeees thats nearly a recount of joey... but hes played more years... hasnt had to switch (darren did because of hunt) ... joey has won many popularity contests with the media players and fans... and he has a hand in a hell of alot of trys for the knights... and no one would come close to him in his prime at rep selection

"darren did because of hunt"

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Ah mate quit while you're only this far behind. Locky actually switched BEFORE hunt was moved there! Sheesh your lack of knowledge for this topic is just incredible.

Here's a little "late update" for you:

Wayne Bennett's big untested plan to pull Brisbane out of the slump of 2003 was to move lockyer to 5/8 for this year. It attracted criticism for two reasons: Locky was the best fullback in the world, and we had no one to fill the void. There were a few options being looked at, including Nick Parfitt and of course MOTU TONY (who, shock horror, actually DID play fullback for us for the first part of this year).

It was Motu Tony who lost out thanks to Hunt. When Tony was injured, Hunt played starting fullback and totally blitzed it - giving tony no opportunity to get back into the side.

Locky was not shifted to 5/8 because of Hunt. Hunt got put in there because there was a vacancy.

JW

Coach
YOu have not answered the question... what has lockyer done that is so good?

Well I suppose anything that he does that leads the Broncos and/or Queensland to a great try or a victory wouldnt be considered "good" in your book for obvious reasons.

lockyer is a first grader... and a good player probabaly in the top 10 players

:lol:

Yeah, and I suppose Ben Kusto is No. 2 behind Johns?

Cheers.

salivor

First Grade
Gooba said:

I think that really says it all for your football knowledge. Lockyer never switched becasue of Hunt. Just common sense should've told you not to make that comment, Lockyer at the end of last year got the golden boot in the fullback position and was named at fullback in the team of the 90's. But yes I suppose an untested 17 year old who hadn't even made his first grade debut pushed Lockyer out of the fullback role :lol: .

The reason that Lockyer made the switch is because Bennett could see that the Brisbane backline of 2003 wasn't quite working as an attacking unit. So he decided that Lockyer, being the best player in the team had to be moved closer to the action at 5/8 and thus have more impact on attack. It was a total reshaping of the backline that saw Berrigan moved to the centres, Seymour brought into halfback and allowed the talented Hunt to come into the side at fullback.

JW

Coach
"darren did because of hunt"

Ah mate quit while you're only this far behind. Locky actually switched BEFORE hunt was moved there! Sheesh your lack of knowledge for this topic is just incredible.

Here's a little "late update" for you:

Wayne Bennett's big untested plan to pull Brisbane out of the slump of 2003 was to move lockyer to 5/8 for this year. It attracted criticism for two reasons: Locky was the best fullback in the world, and we had no one to fill the void. There were a few options being looked at, including Nick Parfitt and of course MOTU TONY (who, shock horror, actually DID play fullback for us for the first part of this year).

It was Motu Tony who lost out thanks to Hunt. When Tony was injured, Hunt played starting fullback and totally blitzed it - giving tony no opportunity to get back into the side.

Locky was not shifted to 5/8 because of Hunt. Hunt got put in there because there was a vacancy.

Hunt even had a stint in the centres.

Cheers.