What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Johns vs Lockyer

Who Is a better Player?

• Darren Lockyer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ledzep

Bench
Tommy Smith said:
roosterbooster1 said:
Fittler is better than both
Finally, someone had to say it. I was going to say: "Who's better? Dont care, but what i do know is that the bloke who embarrassed Lockyer in the opposite number 6 on Wednesday is better than both". :)

When people bring up this arguement, i always refer to Roy Masters' article which showed that despite everyone always drooling over Johns and Lockyer, Freddy has come up with (combined) more tries, more line breaks, more try assists and more line break assists over the last two years than both of them. Infact he's led the comp in those critical attacking stats over that period. In his 30's! Oh and the stats also show that Freddy is the best defender in the comp. Oh and he's also the best captain of the three by far. All the coaches will tell you that.

Bottom line is, we all have our personal opinions as to who's the best so whats the point arguing?
Fittler sh*ts on both

JJ

Immortal
roosterbooster1 said:
Tommy Smith said:
roosterbooster1 said:
Fittler is better than both
Finally, someone had to say it. I was going to say: "Who's better? Dont care, but what i do know is that the bloke who embarrassed Lockyer in the opposite number 6 on Wednesday is better than both". :)

When people bring up this arguement, i always refer to Roy Masters' article which showed that despite everyone always drooling over Johns and Lockyer, Freddy has come up with (combined) more tries, more line breaks, more try assists and more line break assists over the last two years than both of them. Infact he's led the comp in those critical attacking stats over that period. In his 30's! Oh and the stats also show that Freddy is the best defender in the comp. Oh and he's also the best captain of the three by far. All the coaches will tell you that.

Bottom line is, we all have our personal opinions as to who's the best so whats the point arguing?
Fittler sh*ts on both

I'm not really interested in alleged sexual fantasies.

But, this is Lockyer's first season at 5/8, so I would expect Fittler to be a better 5/8, and he is. Lockyer is possibly the best fullback ever, or certainly in the top 3.

If Peter Sterling says Johns is the best, then that's good enough for me. Wally Lewis is the best I have seen, Johns would be 2nd

salivor

First Grade
reladith said:
How many premierships have brisbane wone with Lockeyor as playmaker? NONE!
How many has Newcastle won with Johns? TWO! Johns wins.

This is the first year that Lockyer has been a playmaker you goose so it could very well be one come the end of the season. He's still won 3 with Brisbane at fullback and in the 2000 GF won the grand final.

miladi

Juniors
You are comparing apples and oranges here. Two very different players, very different playing styles. You have just created a forum for bashing either Lockyer or Johns.

I am a fan of both. As a NSW supporter, I scream everytime Lockyer gets the ball, cuz I know he is going to be dangerous. But watching Johns when fit as he weaves his way through the opposing line, or puts up one of his kicks send shivers down the spine.

Does one HAVE to be greater than the other? Why can we not accept the fact that we are very lucky to have been here to see two great players in action?

JW

Coach
How many premierships have brisbane wone with Lockeyor as playmaker? NONE!

I assume you're suggesting Lockyer just stood back and watched in attack when he played Fullback, therefore, the number on his back means he didnt do anything?

Even using that logic, its also a tad hard for him to win a premiership as a "playmaker" when he hasnt played a full season there yet.

Fantastic summation #-o

Cheers.

here are some stats for you how many times has lockyer captained a winning origin or premiership he hasnot
the last time joey played a full season the knights won a premiership and last year he won the origin

salivor

First Grade
next knights half said:
here are some stats for you how many times has lockyer captained a winning origin or premiership he hasnot
the last time joey played a full season the knights won a premiership and last year he won the origin

Actually he won the 2001 SOO series in his first go at the captaincy for QLD so good to see you research your so called "stats".
Lockyer hasn't had a chance to captain a premiership winning side as he had one of the best captains ahead of him in Langer for years and now he's got the former QLD and Australian captain Tallis ahead of him but he'll no doubt finally get to take over the reigns of the side next year.

Latest posts