What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Johns

cainen

Juniors
When asked after the game if he'd be available for origin three he said no chance then showed that he had his fingers crossed. What was that about?

gregstar

Referee
cainen said:
When asked after the game if he'd be available for origin three he said no chance then showed that he had his fingers crossed. What was that about?
he was hoping they hadn't seen the sportstab slip hanging out of his fly with lipstick on it.

11Straight

Juniors
cainen said:
He will be there along with a flood of back page bullsh*t........Yipiee.

aussies1st

Staff member
cainen said:

It means hes coming back :)

11Straight

Juniors
gregstar said:
he was hoping they hadn't seen the sportstab slip hanging out of his fly with lipstick on it.
Yeah his bookie friend has a fondness for strawberry lipstick.

Mr Saab

Referee
.JOHNSY said:
Does the name Langer ring a bell? Or would it be the unspoken rule for Qld'ers to be hypocrites when it suits.:sarcasm:

Langer never retired from rep football.
He retired from the Broncos and then went overseas and played for the Warrington Wolves. Granted, it was a bizzare (at the time) choice to bring him back. However, he never made a song and dance about retiring from rep football like Fittler and Johns have done.
Tallis was a man of his word and so was Webcke.
Johns needs to comeback and prove how great he is in origin.

scottyeel

Bench
Mr Saab said:
He retired from the Broncos and then went overseas and played for the Warrington Wolves. Granted, it was a bizzare (at the time) choice to bring him back. However, he never made a song and dance about retiring from rep football like Fittler and Johns have done.
He doesn't need to prove it, we already know. This time he just wants to show that he's still got it.:D

Mr Saab

Referee
Well i just hope it does not fall flat on his face.
I made the mistake of doubting him before so i wont do that, but, even the great ones need to know when to get off the rollercoaster before it crashes.

Johns Magic

Referee
Mr Saab said:

I think this will be Johns' last year of footy, and that would be a big factor in his decision. In ten years' time, I'm sure he'll wish he'd played this upcoming Origin match in his final season. Go for it, I say.

Prodigiousman

Juniors
Mr Saab said:
Mr Saab said:

Champ... Alfie uttered this phrase on August 4th, 1999 in RLW - 3 months after his shock retirement.

"I could never play in Australia again. I've had public farewells, civic receptions and tribute dinners. They have even recorded a segment of This is Your Life. It just wouldn't be right to cheat all those people who have said goodbye to me."

That sounds pretty absolute to me.

And why the heck are we getting up the truly great players for deciding to go around again at the games highest level?

It is a privilege for us - the punters - to see these guys play the game for a start and when they retire from the top levels of the game - we miss out on the great performances by the truly great players.

If he’s back in Game 3 – GRAVY for NSW and Origin.

But don’t go bagging him for wanting to play at the top level again – we don’t exactly have that option as punters so how can we talk down a player for changing his mind?

Get some perspective and let the guy make his decision and enjoy watching him play.

Misty Bee

First Grade
Prodigious, it's JOHNS we are talking about.

If he cured cancer, Sabb and his QLD cronies would still whinge.

At least Johns is in the right rep jumper. Did Queensland actually field anyone from Queensland lst night????

Mr Saab

Referee
Misty Bee said:
Prodigious, it's JOHNS we are talking about.

If he cured cancer, Sabb and his QLD cronies would still whinge.

At least Johns is in the right rep jumper. Did Queensland actually field anyone from Queensland lst night????

Ahhh my mate misty. Still eating humble pie after last nights origin? What was it you said...oh yeah..."as long as lockyer is 5/8 they couldnt beat NSW with Brett Finch". Brett Finch makes your boy Tim Smith look like Billy Smith.
If Johns plays i dont care.....if he wants to be the next John Farnham then all the best to him.

jimmythehand

Juniors
pennywisealfie said:
LOL! Bring him on! Tallis retires from origin, stays retired. Webcke retires from origin, stays retired. Fittler retires from origin, comes back. and now joey, those blues, why are they so lame?

Someone else has probably picked you up on this, but if not ...... BLOODY QUEENSLAND HYPOCRITE.

AsPiRiNg YoUtH

Juniors
I'm sorry but if he comes back its a joke. When you reitire, you retire. Hes had his day, now its time to hand the jersey on. Orford deserves a chance. There not desperate. As Johns said after the Test match, its time to hand the jersey to the younger stars (at the time he meant thurston). So stick to your word Johns, and dont be a fool. I have respect for this guy as a footballer, dont blow it. You got your fairytale.

Leagueguy

Juniors
I hope they don't try and paint it as some kind of fairytale though, or some remarkable comeback. If he's man of the match it won't suprise anyone. I just don't want them romanticizing it, he played last year, was man of the series and this year didn't play the first 2 games. Theres nothing special about him playing this game.

11Straight

Juniors
Leagueguy said:
I hope they don't try and paint it as some kind of fairytale though, or some remarkable comeback. If he's man of the match it won't suprise anyone. I just don't want them romanticizing it, he played last year, was man of the series and this year didn't play the first 2 games. Theres nothing special about him playing this game.
Of course they will romantisize it he is a bronzed adonis,If he does play and we win there will be a 35 page liftout on how fantastic he is.

Would need a double page spread to get his arse in shot honestly as i said earler if he does play he may as well change his name to John Farhnam just doesn't know what the word retirement means.

Knightmare

Coach
pennywisealfie said:
LOL! Bring him on! Tallis retires from origin, stays retired. Webcke retires from origin, stays retired. Fittler retires from origin, comes back. and now joey, those blues, why are they so lame?

You forgot that other NSW hack, Allan Langer.

redVgirl

Juniors
lord....i cant help but think johns 'retired' knowing everyone would call for him in game 3. its almost like hes engineered his resurection of glooorrrry! andrew johns = the jesus of rugby league.

look quite frankly as people have said, its not the halves that we have a problem with. the forwards played with no balls and therefore theres not much the halves and the other attacking players could really do. we need to fire up the forwards and get some metre eating happening. joeys form hasnt even been that good of late....i think having him in the team would mostly be a pyschological advantage more than anything else.

anyway really, NSW has to stand on their own. we cant run like whinging bitches back to joey everytime we get hammered. its time for the new generation....come onnnnnnn!

Latest posts