What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Johnson or Moylan..?

Using the Kiss Principle(which I still beleive in in this digital age) Look at an overhead shot of a game at play the ball and player positions. Fair difference to whats in front of the half and whats in front of 5/8. Being pretty smart, I know you will point out Half is one side and 5 /8 the other.. Id then counter with ,what are the stats as to how often that happens ? I really dont know , so feel free to flame me here.

bluefox68

Staff member
Yeah - I do think that the actual halfback should handle the ball more. He should be quick enough between the ears to direct traffic and pick apart defences.
The classic 5/8th has more latitude in terms of picking their moments.
That’s why the modern-day 1 and 6 are very close in terms of play making, the difference bring ability to run and run and run and coordinate the defensive line.

I actually agree with you that Hynes at 6 is the best fit. I’m just not ready to write him off at 7.

If we sign Pearce or SJ - they should play 7. Moyza not so much!

Tiger Shark

Bench
With the way the games going is the typical role a half back and 5/8th play going to change, or is changing ?

Are these roles evolving from what we typically think a half back is ?

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
With the discount prices we could get both.

But hey we have one half, Moylan has not been told to FO, but also has not signed, has Trindall?

Or do we only have Hynes, Tracey and Metcalf on the books?

No back up hooker.

5 year plan I guess.

Frenzy.

Immortal
With the discount prices we could get both.

But hey we have one half, Moylan has not been told to FO - in talks

but also has not signed, has Trindall? - W.I.P. Wanted by the club

Or do we only have Hynes, Tracey and Metcalf on the books? - At the moment

No back up hooker - His name is Brailey, if Finucane comes. He'd have to be lock and McInnes will default to hooker. Brailey could be at the Cows with Chad

5 year plan I guess - 3

carinashark

First Grade
I’m sick of this Moylan/ SJ stuff . They both will never get us to GF. Half the problem has been solved with Nicko . Now is the time to try out Metcalf and we can always use Tracy at 7 ,but keep looking to the future.
Tracy is not a center and should be the interchange hooker. McInnes goes to lock. Wado to the second row.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
SJ is better than Moylan.

Not sure who is asking for what but when fit SJ for sure is better, would rather keep both, Hynes can play fullback.

Wade looks gone too, Fifita on one leg, need experience,

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Fortunately for us the new coach......The guy whos also on the Blues coaching staff which racked up half a ton the other night doesnt agree with that assessment.
Yep he has proved to be a good assistant, no question.

Omnishark2

Juniors
Surely the standoff with Johnson has to end after his match winning performance last night !
He is worth 600k x 2 years - what other half out there can bring his skills & experience for that money ?
He has shown he has recovered well enough from the Achilles injury - he made the line break that led to the winning FG.
Yes he missed some tackles in the second half - but he also made a lot on Kikau, and all of Penrith's threat was on his side with Burton & Kikau.
Dino & Moons, whatever the history just kiss & make up, and sign him now !!!

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Fitler is the media man and face to that team but Fitz is way more than just an assistant to the Blues team. Very heavily involved.
Sure, great assistant, reckon I would be too, NSW has a superior squad.

Anyways I have no opinion on his first grade coaching as he is yet to do it.

snout

First Grade
Surely the standoff with Johnson has to end after his match winning performance last night !
He is worth 600k x 2 years - what other half out there can bring his skills & experience for that money ?
He has shown he has recovered well enough from the Achilles injury - he made the line break that led to the winning FG.
Yes he missed some tackles in the second half - but he also made a lot on Kikau, and all of Penrith's threat was on his side with Burton & Kikau.
Dino & Moons, whatever the history just kiss & make up, and sign him now !!!
Jarome hughes is 26
Cleary is 21
Sam walker is 12

Lose the thinking that because a bloke was a good player for the last 16 years he will get us in the 4 nek year.
Fitz of Fury doesnt think that way.
Thank f**k.