What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jonhs goes to Roosters

les norton

First Grade
:D
Princess plj - well said...

How I love it when people agree with me...it's always better than the opposite. :D

Bluesbreaker- how do you know what his no. 1 loyalty is? Assuming just a tad me thinks.

bluesbreaker

Bench
You must have a short memory.

Shorrrt memory must have a, shor-hor-hort memory.... *cough*

Um, this whole hawking himself (His manager) around to the Roosters, to Rugby Union, to England etc..... It's all just a little too familiar. Remember when his last contract was up for renewal?

les norton

First Grade
I'm not saying that $ doesnt play a apart...of course it does. But does that make him different to anyone else. Opportunity, family ect..all these things must play a come in to it as well.

I guess my whole point is...yes I want him to stay but if he goes then i'm happy he played for us as long as possible and wish him well for the future...b/c thats what he needs to consider..his future. The club will go around long after he leaves.

I dont have a gripe b/c he is looking at all his options, i'd question his sanity if he didnt.

stevo

Juniors
If money was his motivation he would have been playing in england years ago. If he moves to syd to be around his GF and Matty then that says alot about his character. He loves his family. Some of you make me sick. You expect him to stay in Newcastle for YOUR own benifit. Maybe it's best for the club if he does leave. More money to spend elsewhere. I'm sure he would have considered the fact that him leaving can help newie keep more young and up coming players at the club. If he is trying to get more money then so what. After all the crap he has to go through just play for a club he obvisouly loves then he deserves it. He has been a great player for the knights.

Earl

Coach
I am so sick of reading ............ signed with the ............

Just today I read on the Roosters forum that they had signed Orford for 2 years.

Some advice to you all. Do not belive a single word about player talks or player signings untill July 1. :D

fillapop

Juniors
i dont think the roosters need him they spent so much time with finch,and finch is on his way up

the_knights_rule

First Grade
i dont know if my memory is right but didnt joey actually say himself that he didnt want to go to union?!

And the article about him going to the roosters was bull! if you actually read the article you would see that they writer took joey saying "im going to make decisions for myself and not other people" and then the writer was bascally saying that the roosters should look into buying him as he would be a great replacement for freddy, no one ( meaning joey or his manager) actually said anything about johns going to the roosters. ricky stuart even laughed off the article saying if its in rugby league week then it must be true :roll: . then this morning in the paper i read johns' manager even saying himself that going to another clubs wasnt an option. so it just goes to show you shouldnt jump to conclusions and beleive everything you read.
when i realised joey was off contract this year, i told myself not to believe anything being written about where he is going to be playing next year. unless it was joey actually saying it. but im not going to believe anything until he has signed with someone, theres no use in trying to firgure out where he will be next year as it seems he doesnt even know himself!

i dont think people should be bashing him over things that arent necessarily true or when he hasnt even made a decsion over his future.

i agree 100% with you stevo :clap: its his decsion and its about whats best for him.

princess plj

Juniors
yah atleast i am not the only one who think all thats has been said- well said stevo. les norton and the knights rule....even in todays paper it said that joey is constantly changing his mind daily......