What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jordan Pereira Extends

possm

Coach
If that dipstick gets extended ,WATCH this forum go into meltdown .a premiership under MARY Is MISSON IMPOSSIBLE. . .... . .

More importantly, watch the Dragons fans fall away in droves, gate numbers fall, social media light up and every mistake Mary makes be highlighted and loudly protested against.

George Dragon

Juniors
George I think Saab will need at least a year in c.c cup before Nrl . What your option so far
Jay is doing better than predicted but I think still a year off.
He picked up a shoulder injury if he passes fitness he will have play Ressie this weekend but then drop back to Flegg next week

possm

Coach
DS
Couldn't agree more with you. But Mary will go with Atkins and Lomax on the wing. I think lomax will shine as centre not as a winger. I hope I'm wrong

Surely, Mary would know that Lomax's reputation will plummet playing outside Aitken. Lomax will have to follow Aitken in on many of his attempts to cut of play - and coming up with thin air - leaving his wing unattended and the opportunity for a long ball or over head kick kindly presented for the opposition.

If Mary is so insistent on playing Aitken at right centre, then select Pereira at right wing and Lomax to the left wing. Then watch Pereira's form quickly fall into a slump eventually leading to him being dropped to reserve grade.

blacksafake

First Grade
We already had him signed to 2020 so that beggars a couple of questions for me.
  1. Which club was chasing him to force our hand so early?
  2. Who out of our promising juniors and developing players is leaving due to lack of opportunity?
  3. Is Pereira the type of signing we have to have due to the current coach who is probably going to be extended very soon?
Some good questions OT.
1. I'd say none.
2. There has to be which we'll find out in due course with some spin from the club.
3. A definite yes as far as I'm concerned, Mr safety first as always in selections.

possm

Coach
Some good questions OT.
1. I'd say none.
2. There has to be which we'll find out in due course with some spin from the club.
3. A definite yes as far as I'm concerned, Mr safety first as always in selections.

Surely it is too kind to label it as Mr Safety. The selection of Aitken would have to be the most unsafe selection a coach could make.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Jordan and Pearson and the Dragons wingers of the future. He finished the season well and is a strong runner of the ball. I have alot of tiome for him and it is a great decision. He would be on a reasonable amount as well not too expensive so I can see why they have extended another year.

getsmarty

Immortal
Jordan Pereira extends stay at St George Illawarra
Dragons Den
r0_43_2786_1609_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Long-term plans: Winger Jordan Pereira will remain with the Dragons until the end of the 2021 season after signing a contract extension. Picture: NRL Photos.

Jordan Pereira looks set to become a mainstay on the wing for the Dragons after the club extended his contract to the end of 2021.

After re-signing with St George Illawarra for the 2019 and 2020 seasons last September, the New Zealander has agreed to a one-year extension after impressing throughout the pre-season.

The extension caps a rapid rise for the 25-year-old, who only arrived at the club midway through the 2017 season and made his NRL debut in round 19 last year.

With Jason Nightingale retiring and Nene Macdonald moving to the North Queensland Cowboys, Pereira looks set to claim a starting spot for Saturday night's round one clash with the Cowboys in Townsville.

And if the extension is anything to go by, he will likely remain there for the upcoming three seasons.

Pereira was thrilled to have extended his time at the club.

"The long-term future is the key for me," Pereira said. "The security is huge for my partner and I. This will open many opportunities for us in the future as far as kids, buying a house and other things we're looking forward to.

"When I arrived at the Dragons, I knew I wasn't ready to play first grade but I knew if I was going to be ready I'd have to become a sponge and soak up all the information of the leaders and coaching staff around me.

"They have been crucial for my development, and the best thing is that I'm still learning."

Dragons recruitment manager Ian Millward said Pereira has improved in leaps and bounds since arriving in Wollongong and the club expects him to continue to develop as he becomes more comfortable at the NRL level.

"The biggest thing about Jordan is he's been on a fantastic journey and his attitude throughout has been admirable," Millward said. "He has improved significantly in training when you compare his first pre-season to now.

"We see nothing but improvement in Jordan as he evolves off the field in his training and also with further experience in the NRL. It's a no-brainer to keep him at the club, considering also his ability."

https://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/5946414/dragons-re-sign-emerging-winger/?cs=3713

More importantly, watch the Dragons fans fall away in droves, gate numbers fall, social media light up and every mistake Mary makes be highlighted and loudly protested against.
But the board will have their positions safely held with no genuine accountability or performance measures in place..
The club's media lap dogs will be out in force trying to convince us (the poor old fans) that McGregor is a "career coach" who gets on well with the playing group and that he brings stability and so on.
Any failures will pasted over with more lame excuses.
They are not listening and don't really care about the fans as long as they keep paying their (non voting) memberships and buying St.George merchandise.
At some point, treating the fans like dumbies will backfire and I look forward to that day.

possm

Coach
But the board will have their positions safely held with no genuine accountability or performance measures in place..
The club's media lap dogs will be out in force trying to convince us (the poor old fans) that McGregor is a "career coach" who gets on well with the playing group and that he brings stability and so on.
Any failures will pasted over with more lame excuses.
They are not listening and don't really care about the fans as long as they keep paying their (non voting) memberships and buying St.George merchandise.
At some point, treating the fans like dumbies will backfire and I look forward to that day.

WIN Corp will wake up when they have to start shelling out their prized stash of cash and maybe then opt for changes or simply withdraw. St George won't change a thing because the decision makers benefit from the current arrangements. I'd say the NRL should step in to change thngs so that at least the St George side of the Board is up for grabs each year.

BLM01

First Grade
Whilst I have sang his praises for his efforts last year and said he deserved his spot as one of the first choice wingers I find it odd at his age to extend another a year without playing a 1st grade game since he only signed a 2 year deal last September.
What is the hurry?.
Other priority signings for 2020 onwards news needed!.
Only at St George!.
It is like oh..we meant to make it 3 year instead of a 2 year deal.

ST Tangles 01

Juniors
I think every club needs some cheaper and reliable players

He is solid and week to week can play top grade if required

I don't think he'll be one of our top wingers as the year goes on

But I think he deserves 1st shot this year

Not sure why they extended his contract right now but I wish him all the best and hope he succeeds

possm

Coach
Whilst I have sang his praises for his efforts last year and said he deserved his spot as one of the first choice wingers I find it odd at his age to extend another a year without playing a 1st grade game since he only signed a 2 year deal last September.
What is the hurry?.
Other priority signings for 2020 onwards news needed!.
Only at St George!.
It is like oh..we meant to make it 3 year instead of a 2 year deal.

Your starting to get the drift. Millward likes the easy signings

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Pereira deserves first crack after his finish to the year last year!

Agree- we would be selecting Saab, Pearson and to a lesser extent Ravalawa on blind faith. Pereira, may lack express pace and explosiveness but he gives us some of Gypsy's mistake -free reliability. Some of what Ravalawa did in the Charity Shield worried me but based on his good form the previous week, I would give him the right wing job- for now.

We already had him signed to 2020 so that beggars a couple of questions for me.
  1. Which club was chasing him to force our hand so early?
  2. Who out of our promising juniors and developing players is leaving due to lack of opportunity?
  3. Is Pereira the type of signing we have to have due to the current coach who is probably going to be extended very soon?
I think he also represents good value in terms of cap space too OT allowing us to spend money elsewhere ie hunt & co

Latest posts